Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Originally Posted by JeffP
Reddit boys exposed who the SEC is looking out for

Yep, their hedge fund buddies and the treasury bitch.

100% for sure! But we all knew that all along. We accept it.............

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by Dustyone
Originally Posted by Otter
My sibs and I inherited a small amount of silver when our parents passed. No gold except jewelry. The only PM I have "invested" in is Pb . . . and I will give it up one 500 gr ingot at a time . . . roughly 10,000 of them.

Silver is only a precious metal in certain colonial coins and the silver eagles being sold on TV are worth their weight in silver at the moment and perhaps a dollar more if you can find a sucker dumb enough. Pb is lead by the way, if it was precious my tackle box would be in a vault

Silver has millions of applications, It's value will remain as long as society remains.

LOL silver is currently 82 cents per gram to gold's $58.29 per gram.

That isn't the point. Nobody was talking about price. It's about the value/need/desire for an item. Silver will always have a demand. Gold will too they are both used extensively in electronics.

Silver is not however a precious metal and it's price is far too stable to make any money off of it, in fact if it were valuable no one would want to sell it, yet the opposite is true

I VOTED FOR TRUMP TWICE, AND WILL VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
A lot of WB’s moves don’t help unless you’re in his tax bracket. He loved munies because combined with his tax bracket he made out. Where the return for others would not.

Nothing is more discrete than me pulling something out and handing it to you for a service or product.

If you think crypto is the safe place invest in it.
That’s investigating. Risk/reward.

I’ll agree to disagree on it MCH

This is true and the point I was making.
A lot of WB’s moves don’t help unless you’re in his tax bracket. He loved munies because combined with his tax bracket he made out. Where the return for others would not.

I can do that with Crypto right now!
Nothing is more discrete than me pulling something out and handing it to you for a service or product.

I think it is a viable option right now and timing is great to make some great returns if you do your home work, as with any other type of investment.
If you think crypto is the safe place invest in it.
That’s investigating. Risk/reward.

Those that just follow the masses usually get slaughtered.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
My sibs and I inherited a small amount of silver when our parents passed. No gold except jewelry. The only PM I have "invested" in is Pb . . . and I will give it up one 500 gr ingot at a time . . . roughly 10,000 of them.

Silver is only a precious metal in certain colonial coins and the silver eagles being sold on TV are worth their weight in silver at the moment and perhaps a dollar more if you can find a sucker dumb enough. Pb is lead by the way, if it was precious my tackle box would be in a vault

Silver has millions of applications, It's value will remain as long as society remains.

That isn't the point. Nobody was talking about price. It's about the value/need/desire for an item. Silver will always have a demand. Gold will too they are both used extensively in electronics.

Silver is not however a precious metal and it's price is far too stable to make any money off of it, in fact if it were valuable no one would want to sell it, yet the opposite is true

You are looking at it with blind eyes. There are plenty of people (not me being one) that have made plenty of money off of Silver. As there are more then a few ways to invest in PM's!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/precious%20metal

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Teal
What do you think the chances the gvt confiscates PMs when the fiat system collapses?

My guess is 100%

They're going to confiscate 401k's first but will float it with "we're taking it only from Bezo's, Gates etc" to see the appetite. No one will say boo and then everyone's is gone under the guise of "you'll get it back - just from us, not your 401k account"

Um, that is a literal "[bleep] it, I'm watering the tree" moment.

There's a lotta people that would realize that, if everything you've worked your life for is taken, at that point, well, the juice IS worth the squeeze.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by goalie
What do you think the chances the gvt confiscates PMs when the fiat system collapses?

My guess is 100%

They're going to confiscate 401k's first but will float it with "we're taking it only from Bezo's, Gates etc" to see the appetite. No one will say boo and then everyone's is gone under the guise of "you'll get it back - just from us, not your 401k account"

There's a lotta people that would realize that, if everything you've worked your life for is taken, at that point, well, the juice IS worth the squeeze.....

They will take it all right... after they crash the market... then they will tell you capitalism is too risky and we will honor your account and control it.... and you will get 2% interest and limited withdrawals.... all for the good of the "collective"

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

You are looking at it with blind eyes. There are plenty of people (not me being one) that have made plenty of money off of Silver. As there are more then a few ways to invest in PM's!

Carson City silver dollars are one, providing that they are not graded and the seller does not know their real worth and that the CC is not glued on

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dustyone,
Then simply don't invest in PM..... problem solved

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Buy low, sell high, be patient in between. Simple

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

Simply complicated right Norm? smile

Listen to those that can.... my advice

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by goalie

My guess is 100%

They will take it all right... after they crash the market... then they will tell you capitalism is too risky and we will honor your account and control it.... and you will get 2% interest and limited withdrawals.... all for the good of the "collective"

Similar happened in The Netherlands.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Invest within your means and it is super simple! Don't for get to always Do Your Own Homework!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

The only hard part is patience, just like hunting.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Invest within your means and it is super simple! Don't for get to always Do Your Own Homework!

An honest question MCH, with all that's transpired how do you know the info you research is correct?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The only hard part is patience, just like hunting.

Buy and hold may be an outdated strategy?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

An honest question MCH, with all that's transpired how do you know the info you research is correct?

I guess the same way you do research on anything else and accept it as correct. All investments have a little bit of a gamble built in. I see things moving away from proof of work, to Proof of Stake.Which makes it a lot harder and costly to corrupt the Blockchain. Personally I have been watching what the big investment houses have been doing. Not that they are clean, but they are paid on performance for the most part. I think they are very cautious moving into the Crypto sector. I think more importantly is to not get greedy and try to push it, that is where I see most people make fatal errors in any means of investing. I recover my initial investment and let the rest ride, I am not looking for the BIG HIT. But at the same time I'll ride with house money.

People told me I missed the market here in the Bitterroot in real estate yet I did my research, tracked trends, searched out buys that showed upside and was patient. I am not killing it but I have made some money on a parcel of land and built equity with other peoples money in a Duplex. That Duplex has appreciated over $130K in six years. I'll take those scraps all day everyday.

There is no get rich quick or easy way. It's work, a grind, and time consuming but pays off. There is Risk in everything, it comes down to how much risk you are willing to accept. Investing within your means should dictate your level of risk. Invest what you can afford to lose.

One last thing Crypto isn't just a currency. Major corporations run on Blockchains. So there is value outside of currency.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
Precious metals.

Thanks.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by TBREW401
POS Pelosi said, back when the muslim was in office---" those 401's are our money, we will just go take them"

You believe she doesn't think that way now?

Not going to happen because the dumocrats own them too.

Just think

But don't forget that laws don't apply to them.

Bb

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Dustyone,
Then simply don't invest in PM..... problem solved

There never was a problem as my tech portfolio is sufficient and unlike metals tech keeps getting reinvented. 20 years from now computers will not be identifiable from what we have now while an ounce of gold will still be just what it is.

You probably think that gold appreciates and it does, until you put it up against Amazon, Google or Apple

Gold price 30 years

Now if you invested 1000 dollars in Apple in 1980 that 1000 dollars is now worth 430,000 dollars.

Conclusion gold sucks as an investment

But you enjoy pretending

Last edited by Dustyone; 08/04/21.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1234, 73 invisible), 2,510 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,845
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.