Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I talked to a highly regarded gunsmith last November who said it’d be 6 weeks turn around on a stock. Sent it to him in December with notes as per his recommendation in our conversation.

Called in April and he’d gotten a ton of work all of a sudden and blah blah blah my stock was way back in line.

Haven’t called since cuz I don’t want to somehow get bumped to the back of the line again but he has my stock and supplies and my money but here I wait.

I lost count, but it’s been a while… started this project in 2008 so I can ton be in a huge hurry but holy moly do peoples’ word mean anything at all anymore??

In my business it’s under promise/over deliver. That way if “stuff happens” as it inevitably will, I can still make my commitments.

BP-B6

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
When I canceled my shaw order I emailed them and got a bunch of excuses and general statements. From being in manufacturing in the past i recognized those statements and knew it was "shut up and wait. We will do it whenever we get around to it."

So i gave them some advice about meaning what they say and how their BS has consequences. Told them to refund my money and that they lost a frequent customer due to the lies and the bad decisions management made with the "blame covid, keep customer's money as long as possible, stall and keep selling even though you can't come thru on the promises."

They acted surprised that someone would expect that 3 months means 3 months and not 4 or 5 or 6.

I reminded them that I did my part in paying and waiting and all they had to do was stick to their word.

They still thought I was speaking Greek.

That's how good companies go down. And we need all the 2nd amendment related companies we can get. Sad.

Last edited by mjbgalt; 07/28/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I guess all those people getting pissed off canceling their orders sped mine up.Received a call today from Shaw that my rebarrel job to a 308 Norma Magnum is done and ready to be shipped.Their web page had 18-20 weeks wait time first of April when it was sent to them,so mine took 16 weeks.Now just hope it shoots well.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I ordered my 250 savage rifle at Thanksgiving time. It was to be done in 2 months. It just now is on their website for sale.

After many calls and lies and stalling I "fired" them and let them know why.

You can own "my" rifle for 200 bucks more than they quoted me now.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Ordered mine Dec 1, received Feb 1. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got my 77 Tang Safe barreled action back from Shaw today. Bore felt fairly smooth with a patch cleaning the shipping preservative. Had to open the barrel channel slightly just ahead of the chamber, have to wait for the varnish to dry now. seating depth will for sure be shorter than the old barrel.

Last edited by Ole_270; 08/02/21.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I've had time to shoot mine a bit, and it outshoots the barrel it replaced so I'm happy. I ran a bore scope down the barrel, and it has the most chatter of any of the 6 I have owned. They may be rushing things a bit right now.

TANSTAAFL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Crowkiller
I've had time to shoot mine a bit, and it outshoots the barrel it replaced so I'm happy. I ran a bore scope down the barrel, and it has the most chatter of any of the 6 I have owned. They may be rushing things a bit right now.

I am of the opinion that much of what has been manufactured over the past year and much of what will be manufactured in the next few years will prove to be of sub-standard quality. Glad it shoots well.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Crowkiller

I am of the opinion that much of what has been manufactured over the past year and much of what will be manufactured in the next few years will prove to be of sub-standard quality. Glad it shoots well.

Pretty much like a barrel from Savage Arms as has been said here on the campfire many times. Nothing wrong how a Savage barrel shoots.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I like the barrel Shaw made for my Mauser BUT they are super popular and back ordered by 12 months. I found another manufacture (have never used them) who was going to try to get me a new prefit in 4 weeks for my hunt BUT I said no. I don't want to rush it and in either case I may not fund a magazine by then so I'm not even sure that rifle is going hunting.

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can
IC B3

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
116 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 18 invisible), 1,351 guests, and 732 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,850
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.