Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Got rem 700 223 1-9 twist hornaday 55 grain v-max was its favorite getting hard to find and $$$ I’m just shooting groundhogs mainly so anyone have any ideas on what would be a good substitute or replacement thanks

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
53 gr vmax…..

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Are they available anywhere I just haven’t had any luck finding any v- max I will look for 53 now Ammo thanks

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Waiting until the middle of a panic/shortage to find what you need is always a smart move…..

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D

Last edited by deaner20; 08/04/21.
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
We are really seeing Hornady supplies loosen up around here...hopefully you'll see the same soon.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Thanks

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I’ll bet a lot of people jump in to help you next time you have a question.

NRA Patron
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D

Last edited by deaner20; 08/04/21.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The 55gr Hornady soft point has been available from Midsouth lately, they aren’t explosive like a Vmax but they’re excellent bullets.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Check Powder Valley and Blue Collar Reloading. They both seem to get supplies pretty consistently and aren't price gouging.

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Thanks for all help input .

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by deaner20
Got rem 700 223 1-9 twist hornaday 55 grain v-max was its favorite getting hard to find and $$$ I’m just shooting groundhogs mainly so anyone have any ideas on what would be a good substitute or replacement thanks

Fast twist is the dumbest thing to happen to a 223 for varmints. Sell that rifle to someone that likes fast twist, get a 1/14 and shoot 40 grain VMax at 22-250 velocities and you will wonder why you ever drank the fast twist Kool-Aid.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Why not just shoot 40s through the 9 twist if he wants to shoot 40s? I’ve never had one come apart in the air from 7,8, or 9 twist 223s

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HitnRun

Fast twist is the dumbest thing to happen to a 223 for varmints. Sell that rifle to someone that likes fast twist, get a 1/14 and shoot 40 grain VMax at 22-250 velocities and you will wonder why you ever drank the fast twist Kool-Aid.

KchuntRun,

Why is it,that no matter the Outdoors Conversation,you are ALWAYS the Dumbest Of Fhuqks...you "lucky" kchunt? Hint. Congratulations?!?

Your Delusional Dumbfhuqktitude Fantasy World,is simply fhuqking HILARIOUS! Firstly,a 223 will not/can not begin to even approach 22-250 velocities,at like pressure. Secondly,assuming the relative robustitude of a projectile,increasing RPM will "only" increase/retain BC(no matter which projectile) and also "just happens" to bolster Terminal Effects and especially as Vermin goes. I realize the only things you "shoot" are your mouth,Imagination and Pretend and that you are a Brokedick to boot. Pardon my shooting said chambering in 7,7.5,8,9,10,12 and 14" RPM's. Custom Rifles all. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Now as the OP goes,with the 55 'Max discontinued,the 52 ELD simply dupes it's BC...so the "transition" will be less than none. Hint.

.224" Hornie 52 ELD RINK And I Wouldn't Fhuqking Linger

I "apologize" for shooting it all and then some. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by HitnRun

KchuntRun,

Why is it,that no matter the Outdoors Conversation,you are ALWAYS the Dumbest Of Fhuqks...you "lucky" kchunt? Hint. Congratulations?!?

Your Delusional Dumbfhuqktitude Fantasy World,is simply fhuqking HILARIOUS! Firstly,a 223 will not/can not begin to even approach 22-250 velocities,at like pressure. Secondly,assuming the relative robustitude of a projectile,increasing RPM will "only" increase/retain BC(no matter which projectile) and also "just happens" to bolster Terminal Effects and especially as Vermin goes. I realize the only things you "shoot" are your mouth,Imagination and Pretend and that you are a Brokedick to boot. Pardon my shooting said chambering in 7,7.5,8,9,10,12 and 14" RPM's. Custom Rifles all. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Now as the OP goes,with the 55 'Max discontinued,the 52 ELD simply dupes it's BC...so the "transition" will be less than none. Hint.

.224" Hornie 52 ELD RINK And I Wouldn't Fhuqking Linger

I "apologize" for shooting it all and then some. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!....................

Thanks!

What you can’t seem to understand is simply that you are the Campfire barometer, and everyone that you don’t endorse is not only happy you don’t, but given a congratulatory endorsement by your dumbbellistic mindless rants.

When you take all your homemade expletives out of your blabber, you are left with what you have become; Nothing!

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by TheKid
Why not just shoot 40s through the 9 twist if he wants to shoot 40s? I’ve never had one come apart in the air from 7,8, or 9 twist 223s

At the risk of sounding like “Big Stink” you will find that more often than not, fast twist won’t shoot a 40 grain very well. Some may, but many won’t.

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I thanks for all the input I didn’t get the gun because the fast twist I got it because it was a good deal when I happen to be in the shop I bought it with any twist I’m no big long range shooter just shoot at some ground hogs when have the time

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Honest question- I really like the Vmax bullets, but I've also had excellent results with the Nosler BT's- is there a reason no one recommends the BT's to replace the Vmax when they are available? I have a huge stash of BT's now and a small stash of Vmax to work through but they have both been excellent in my 223's and 22-250's- fast twist or slow twist....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
KchuntRun,

Use your Imagination and Pretend as only you can and MUST,to cite the 7" RPM 223 that "won't shoot" the .224" 40gr 'Max...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I rather enjoy your talking out your Brokedick ass,with your Drooling Dumbfhuqktitude. How come this Hawk Hill 7" RPM 223 SALAMI shoots the .224" 40'Max in the low .3's? Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

How come this 8" Kreiger 22BR(no-turn) shoots 'em in the high .2's at greater velocity? Don't worry,contours don't make a fhuqk,but more mass is easier to shoot. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

How come this OEM 223 SALAMI will shoot 'em in the high .3's with 8" RPM? Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Dangle a picture of one of "your" like twisted rifles,that "won't shoot" them and don't "forget" to muse "particulars",you Magnificently STUPID Fhuqk. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying and I enjoy how Facts upset you and collide with your Delusional Fantasies.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

'20,

Reserve RPM simply adds options and will put more sizzle on ALL projectiles,as Rotational Velocity only bolsters Terminal Effects,as per your application. Guys who actually shoot,would ALWAYS greedily grab the 9" and leave a 14" stinking. Hint.

NOBODY loves a 223/223AI more than me. Hint....................(grin)

Bob,

There was a time,when Nuzzler ruled the roost and we ALL shot them expressl,for Funtitude. Nuzzler has set on their Coucbound Kchunts and Hornie simply eclipses them. I still laugh when nuzzler when to 50ct boxes,with the note "For your convenience"! FUNNY Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

Further,Nuzzler is soooooooo very Fhuqking AMAZINGLY Stupid,they made rifles that won't even shoot their own fhuqking bullets,due KchuntRun-esque STUPIDITY and Retard Twist Rates. Fhuqking EPIC Humor! Hint.

Then to try and make ground up,they made it a business decision to hyper inflate BC's. The RDF's being hilarious,in their own right. Their Dog Schit chamberings are a fhuqking hoot too. Hint.

Sooooooooo long story short,Nuzzler will charge you extra,for wares that are second best(at VERY best),doing so "for your convenience" and with a straight face. They are the Reupold of bullets and that ain't a feather in a cap,if only obviously. Hint.

NOBODY saw Hornady absolutely crushing it. To their GREAT credit,they ain't fhuqking around and simply understand what do what and more importantly WHY. Hint.

Them differences are welllllll beyond "stark" and refreshing. Hint....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
704 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 73 invisible), 2,729 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,682
Posts18,399,706
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.