Page 18 of 77 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 76 77
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Louisiana Numbers for today.

10,039 deaths

466,409 cases

Other Louisiana hospitals seen as ‘overwhelmed’ as the Variant surges.

Then,,,,,LSU not to require vaccinations to register for fall semester.
But,,,,,students will have to show vax certificates-or - test negative - and - unvaccinated students will have to be tested monthly.

Gotta remember here that SEC football is just right around the corner.

Now no other Louisiana colleges are requiring vaccinations in order to register.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
BP-B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I was just driving home from Hooters. Two things struck me while there. They are having a hard time recruiting talent, and who the hell orders Hooters to go? I mean even with the lower level of talent, it's still Hooters. While I was driving home, the governor was having a COVID press brief. Our governor is a democrat, but I have to applaud him for keeping these briefs absolutely non-political. He had a doctor come on and give some numbers.
LA is short 6000 nurses.Tomorrow, hospitalizations will be at an all time high since the pandemic began. The average age of the person who dies from Covid has dropped from 75 to 65. Fatalities among people under 40 years of age has gone up nearly 500% Fully vaccinated people are 25 times less likely to be hospitalized and 25 times less likely to die from COVID. Vaccinated people are 8 times less likely to contract COVID. He was still talking when I got home, but I had an order from Natchez Shooters Supply on the porch and wanted to open it, to see what I'd have to return for being defective.
If you think that all of that is factual, there is reason for concern.
Pick a number and show me how it is wrong.
Pick a number ?? Any number. Let's start with some verified credibility of your source, especially in light of the heavy history of specious "numbers" for the past many months. Numbers are easy in the Covid scene - facts, not so much.
If you are going to challenge the veracity of something, you should be able to support it with facts. Otherwise you are employing typical liberal "because I said so" logic.
That is wacky - there is no "because I said so" "If" is your important term - for no numbers or calculations are challenged up above. The glowing trail of lousy and manipulative Covid data is the issue.

You stated that " He had a doctor come on and give some numbers." Who was that? What are the research/data credentials of "some doctor"? A different poster here might quote "some doctor" - so do we then dive down into that vague data rabbit hole?

If anyone is behaving like a "typical liberal", it would be you - posting totally unsubstantiated numbers and expecting folks to accept them as accurate. 6,000 nurses, eh?

CCCC, the 6,000 number for nurses shortages in Loiselaine was published in the local newspaper in Baton Rouge and in New Orleans if that matters.

Now, whether that’s accurate or just hyperbole is open to opinions.

If I recall correctly, that same number for the nurses shortage was also stated by the Chief Medical Officer for the state of Louisiana.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Louisiana Numbers for today.

10,039 deaths

466,409 cases

Other Louisiana hospitals seen as ‘overwhelmed’ as the Variant surges.

Then,,,,,LSU not to require vaccinations to register for fall semester.
But,,,,,students will have to show vax certificates-or - test negative - and - unvaccinated students will have to be tested monthly.

Gotta remember here that SEC football is just right around the corner.

Now no other Louisiana colleges are requiring vaccinations in order to register.

Uhh ohh, speed bump.
Governor Edwards now says that it “will be mandated”,,,,immediately after FDA approval.

All subject to change this evening.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I look forward to seeing how mandated vaccinations pan out in black neighborhoods.

LOL

Wear a helmet.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Was the prior day a flat 10K exact deaths or a round-about #?

FJB & FJT
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Hey 4K people died per day in India.

Akin to stepping on three ants on your way up the drive.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Raeford
Was the prior day a flat 10K exact deaths or a round-about #?

It’s carried in this thread back a bit, yesterday.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I went back and looked prior to posting, seemed a bit coincidental that it landed flat on 10K with no ,123 behind?
That is why I asked.
39 deaths day over day?

FJB & FJT
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I went back and looked prior to posting, seemed a bit coincidental that it landed flat on 10K with no ,123 behind?
That is why I asked.
39 deaths day over day?

Yeah, that’s what was posted by the local news rag.

So, 39 deaths over the past 24 or so hours to covid,,,,supposedly,

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
That is why I asked.
39 deaths day over day?

Raeford,,,,hold on to your chair arms, Amigo. Some devastating scchitt has hit the fan in south Louisiana.

The annual Gonzales, Louisiana Jambalaya Festival has now been cancelled for the second year in a row due to covid.

You wanna talk about some pissed off, irate Coonasses ??

However,,, this weekend down at my camp on Lake Verret we’ll be boiling 4 dozen #1 sized blue crabs with taters and corn and another neighbor will be making a big iron cauldron of his famous Pastalaya.

Libations will also be employed, I’m quite sure.

So much for covid down Pierre Part way.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
My son said New Orleans is freaking out about the China flu hoax. He went to Walmart on the way to Venice and they made him wear a mask to shop for a fishing trip. They're only about a month behind the times. Just more BS that the liberals are pushing on US.

Life is good live it while you can.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
My son said New Orleans is freaking out about the China flu hoax. He went to Walmart on the way to Venice and they made him wear a mask to shop for a fishing trip. They're only about a month behind the times. Just more BS that the liberals are pushing on US.

The Louisiana mask mandate is officially in place.

I doubt that Brandon Bally down at Venice Marina is requiring masks be worn.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
That is why I asked.
39 deaths day over day?

Raeford,,,,hold on to your chair arms, Amigo. Some devastating scchitt has hit the fan in south Louisiana.

The annual Gonzales, Louisiana Jambalaya Festival has now been cancelled for the second year in a row due to covid.

However,,, this weekend down at my camp on Lake Verret we’ll be boiling 4 dozen #1 sized blue crabs with taters and corn and another neighbor will be making a big iron cauldron of his famous Pastalaya.

Maybe some/oneday I'll make it down!

Luckily we had Floydfest this year. A five day deal, nine stages spread over 100+ acres here in Appalachia just off of the Blue Ridge parkway.
25 miles from my house.
Found some new bands to follow around the region such as The Hogslop String Band out of GA among others.
10K+ folk, music played almost 24/7, camping via tent/camper and Yurt.
Beer gardens galore etc
Had it been scheduled to start later than July 23 I don't believe that it would have happened....again!

FJB & FJT
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
That is why I asked.
39 deaths day over day?

Maybe some/oneday I'll make it down!

Luckily we had Floydfest this year. A five day deal, nine stages spread over 100+ acres here in Appalachia just off of the Blue Ridge parkway.
25 miles from my house.
Found some new bands to follow around the region such as The Hogslop String Band out of GA among others.
10K+ folk, music played almost 24/7, camping via tent/camper and Yurt.
Beer gardens galore etc
Had it been scheduled to start later than July 23 I don't believe that it would have happened....again!

I hear ya.
The Jambalaya Festival attracted many thousands to the area every year and with cooking competitors coming from Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi and Alabama . Those folks know a thing or two about cooking also.
They typically had a balloon festival attached to it up the road a ways.

LSU football season is gonna be really interesting to watch how the leadership handles that. Right now they’re bogged down to the axles and putting chains on the tires . Should be a real clusterfug.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For my posting, Louisiana itself is not the point, nor is it the possible credibility of "some doctor" - any doctor - who might choose to wax eloquent on a given occasion. If numbers are stated in the "local rag", who goes to the bank on that unimpeachable source?

Somewhere, there may be actual and credible numbers about various aspects of the Covid epoch - but those who spray numbers have played that game in so many ways that we do not know accuracy, and maybe NEVER will.

So, if a location or state is short on nurses - say so and work on a solution - but claim 6,000? That looks like an intended attention grabber. I thought I heard someone say it is 5,432 Lets go with that, eh?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
IMO all sports should be canceled.If it's too dangerous for a Outdoor Jambalaya Festival it's much to dangerous for thousands to be in a sports stadium hollering and shouting.The entire state of Louisiana should be locked down like China and other Asian countries do to there people,if the Delta Variant is so Deadly.Only one person should be allowed to leave home for essential items.And allowed to travel no more than 6 miles from home.The National Guard should be called in to enforce.Will this become reality if we keep allowing them to control our daily lives with this covid crap,lots of Americans are reaching a boiling point including me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Toot is furiously trying to keep the covid panic going..... maybe he should cancel his newspaper subscription?

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's making the rounds here, big time. But I don't yet personally know anybody in the hospital with it. Will be interesting to see how this variant plays out regarding hospitalization rates per infected individual.

Now with even more aplomb
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Riverc
IMO all sports should be canceled.If it's too dangerous for a Outdoor Jambalaya Festival it's much to dangerous for thousands to be in a sports stadium hollering and shouting.The entire state of Louisiana should be locked down like China and other Asian countries do to there people,if the Delta Variant is so Deadly.Only one person should be allowed to leave home for essential items.And allowed to travel no more than 6 miles from home.The National Guard should be called in to enforce.Will this become reality if we keep allowing them to control our daily lives with this covid crap,lots of Americans are reaching a boiling point including me.

The 2020 college football season pretty much proved what most with critical thinking abilities figured out.
When truly big $$'s were involved RONA be damned, Kickoff!!

FJB & FJT
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
For my posting, Louisiana itself is not the point, nor is it the possible credibility of "some doctor" - any doctor - who might choose to wax eloquent on a given occasion. If numbers are stated in the "local rag", who goes to the bank on that unimpeachable source?

Somewhere, there may be actual and credible numbers about various aspects of the Covid epoch - but those who spray numbers have played that game in so many ways that we do not know accuracy, and maybe NEVER will.

So, if a location or state is short on nurses - say so and work on a solution - but claim 6,000? That looks like an intended attention grabber. I thought I heard someone say it is 5,432 Lets go with that, eh?

Whatever makes you content.

But take a moment to reflect on this thread’s Title.

Page 18 of 77 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 76 77

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
692 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 222ND, 16penny, 74 invisible), 2,765 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,627
Posts18,398,735
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.