I have a weird trolling motor. This is a bow mount foot control Minn Kota Edge. It does what it wants to do... literally. Regardless of what speed you select using the speed selector wheel on the right side edge of the foot control, if you turn left it is going to run at high speed like 5 on the pedal. Turn right and it is about speed level 2. Dead in the middle, so you can't move straight ahead at all. Turn the wheel to OFF and it still runs if you press the go button on the pedal. You have to stand on the button and wiggle your foot around to get it to run and then when it does finally kick on it will only run in about three second burst. The motor is only three years old but is out of warranty.

I called Minn Kota customer service and spoke to a very nice lady who listened to the symptoms and diagnosed the trouble as a faulty momentary on switch. That is the button you step on to start and run the motor. I ordered the part, it was only $10 and replaced the switch easy peasy. However, that failed to fix the issue. Now I guess it is the wheel on the right of the pedal. Guess I'll give customer service another call. Have any of ya'll ever ran into an issue like this?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.