Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I'm thinking about getting a fat tire e bike for hunting. Most of my spots are flat, with an occasional trip to the mountains. Im not interested in spending 4-6k for a bike. So, I've narrowed it down to the Rambo Savage 750, mid drive. Or, the Rad Rover 5, hub drive.

I'm leaning towards the Rambo a bit more because of the mid drive system, and it should hold an edge in the mountains.

I'm 5'11", 270lbs.

Anyone have any experience with either of these bikes? I'd love to hear some real input

My budget is 2k

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I dont know schit about em but....WEIGHT CAPACITY: 300 Lbs....think you'd be cuttin close with gear....but again, dont know schit

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by pahick
I dont know schit about em but....WEIGHT CAPACITY: 300 Lbs....think you'd be cuttin close with gear....but again, dont know schit

Saw that. I've lost 30, and I'm on track to lose 30 more(my goal). 99%of my riding will be on flat land. Big agriculture fields and such. I should be good with a small pack and rifle.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Is this one of those "bug out " trail bikes ?

About weight loss. I lost 30 pounds on a non strick high fat diet.
Walk where I can.to stay in shape. So far it seems like a healthy way. You have to eat fresh vegetables and supplement, animal connective tissue as well.

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

Walk where I can.to stay in shape. So far it seems like a healthy way. You have to eat fresh vegetables and supplement, animal connective tissue as well.

Not sure if it's a "bug out" bike, or not. Just a fat tire electric bike. They look to be fun and easy to handle.

I'm doing intermittent fasting, coupled with a low carb diet. Dropped 30 in about three months. The weight keeps dropping, slowly. I'm riding a bike for exercise and walking as well.

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by longshot3
I'm thinking about getting a fat tire e bike for hunting. Most of my spots are flat, with an occasional trip to the mountains. Im not interested in spending 4-6k for a bike. So, I've narrowed it down to the Rambo Savage 750, mid drive. Or, the Rad Rover 5, hub drive.

I'm leaning towards the Rambo a bit more because of the mid drive system, and it should hold an edge in the mountains.

I'm 5'11", 270lbs.

Anyone have any experience with either of these bikes? I'd love to hear some real input

My budget is 2k

No but I ride 50 or more miles on a real bike every few days, my heartrate dips to as low as 47bpm at night on off days. Cardiologist hate my bike but love ebikes

I VOTED FOR TRUMP TWICE, AND WILL VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by longshot3
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

Not sure if it's a "bug out" bike, or not. Just a fat tire electric bike. They look to be fun and easy to handle.

I'm doing intermittent fasting, coupled with a low carb diet. Dropped 30 in about three months. The weight keeps dropping, slowly. I'm riding a bike for exercise and walking as well.

Sounds good.
I wish I started doing this twenty-five years ago.

Here's a little about the bikes that I mentioned.

https://geekprepper.com/best-bug-out-motorcycle/

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I love them me and my wife have two each a couple of fold away ones that we bring everywhere that do 30 mph and have a 40 mile range"both fit in the back of our SUV" And we have a pair of custom 26" Fat Tire ones the tires are 4 1/2 inches wide, both wheels have a motor so it is an all wheel drive bike and it has dual batteries it does 40 mph plus and has a 60 mile plus range. I always have trouble posting pics here but I will try to.

Dean

PS: They allow me to go a lot further into the wilderness than I have ever imagined.

Last edited by granitestate1; 08/05/21.

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by granitestate1
I love them me and my wife have two each a couple of fold away ones that we bring everywhere that do 30 mph and have a 40 mile range"both fit in the back of our SUV" And we have a pair of custom 26" Fat Tire ones the tires are 4 1/2 inches wide, both wheels have a motor so it is an all wheel drive bike and it has dual batteries it does 40 mph plus and has a 60 mile range. I always have trouble posting pics here but I will try to.

Dean

What is your time in the mile, on your feet

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"What is your time in the mile, on your feet"

I am sorry but I do not follow you, I don't know what you mean by that post.

Dean

PS: It is truly a great way to spend quality time with your spouse, and actually do and see things we like bar hopping with them. LOL

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Dean

I know, have a cardiologist explain it to you

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
I love them me and my wife have two each a couple of fold away ones that we bring everywhere that do 30 mph and have a 40 mile range"both fit in the back of our SUV" And we have a pair of custom 26" Fat Tire ones the tires are 4 1/2 inches wide, both wheels have a motor so it is an all wheel drive bike and it has dual batteries it does 40 mph plus and has a 60 mile range. I always have trouble posting pics here but I will try to.

Dean

PS: They allow me to go a lot further into the wilderness than I have ever imagined.

What brand and model are your fat tire bikes?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They are custom built I source out the parts and assemble them, the frame is a Mongoose Dolomite, the front and rear wheels are 1000 watt gearless hubs, and the batteries are 48 Volt units each one for the front wheel and one for the rear wheel.There are also two control boxes, they acceleration is unreal, this is my second set of bikes that I have built the first set I sold, they were well built but I said to myself if I had to do it again I would do a few things differently, my wife likes they fold away one better so I am going to sell hers it will be a front wheel drive one which is far better than rear wheel drive for many reasons. IE: when you spill it is always the front tire that slides, skids, or gives out like when you are riding on sand or rocks, or trying to get back on the path or road it pulls it on to the curb or blacktop when you are riding on the shoulder. It is very forgiving in that it pulls you back into control, between the front wheel drive and rear wheel chain drive it is in fact an all wheel drive bike. plus it is a lot less buzy back there betwen the chain and derailer ect, I also have another Fat Tire one that I am building to sell it will be the same as my wifes 1000 watt front wheel drive.

Dean

PS: Those frames do not have a suspention "shocks" believe me though with those tires you don't need them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here they are I am just buttoning up the wiring on this one, and as far mine goes I have taken it apart again "it takes about 4 hours to put back together" there is a lot of wiring and I don't want it to look like a rats nest. So I am cutting the wires to the length I need and resoldering them with 2 batteries and two controller's it's a lot of wiring and am trying to make it look factory made.

Dean

Attached Images
IMG_0490 (1).jpg (13.13 KB, 335 downloads)
IMG_0489 (1).jpg (15 KB, 330 downloads)
Last edited by granitestate1; 08/06/21.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
What is your cost to build one of the fat tire bikes, approximately?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My cost is about $2000 for the single motor version and $3000 for the duel motor version they extra $1000 includes motor, controller and battery.
Gearless motors are more expensive but have less moving parts and the 1000 watts that they advertise them as are really 1250 watts none of that "Peak" Krap, the 48 volt batteries are also an upgrade and more expensive.The geared hubs have smaller motors and try to make it up with the gearing that is where the "Peak" comes from but cannot sustain that output plus more parts to wear out. I have bought and sold several and am really getting into this it is a nice little side gig that I can do at my pace. I bought one of those doggy trailers to hook up to my rig and that is what I am going to use to haul my guns, gear and supplies when I venture out in to the great wilderness. As you can see I like the handle bars high it keeps from having your hands fall asleep when you are riding for extened periods of time. One last thing on mine the front and rear motors batteries and controlers are separate so if one brakes I can still make it home I have the rear one with a motorcycle throttle and the front one like an ATV thumb throttle so I can add power as needed IE: hills loose rocks and gravel and sand. like I said it gives you a lot more control and is very forgiving. I use both motors when taking off from a standing start it puts less load on the single motor and the charge lasts longer. If you guys have any other questions feel to ask I will gladly answer them, I still haven't figured out what that other comment was about I am not waste to much grey matter on it.

Dean

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Bikes for people too out of shape to exercise….cool.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dustyone

Dean

I know, have a cardiologist explain it to you

Dusty is a fuggin dumass. I’m fit as a fiddle and use my ebike to go places dusty never could. I still get my exercise but can travel much farther distances over terrain that Little dusty and his slow heart could never. Dusty the Dumass should stick to just peddling his bicycle.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

"Dusty is a fuggin dumass. I’m fit as a fiddle and use my ebike to go places dusty never could. I still get my exercise but can travel much farther distances over terrain that Little dusty and his slow heart could never. Dusty the Dumass should stick to just peddling his bicycle"

I have 5 settings on my controler for the pedal assist 1 = 20% 2 = 40% through 5 =100% in the begining I loved the free ride. and then when the novelty wore off I started pedaling more and more, all it has really done is allow me to go further and not use the same old roads and trails over and over. Sometimes I bite off more than I can chew and go just a bit to far and run out of steam "It' hot here in FL" then I shamefully come back home on battery the breeze feel go though.

Dean

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
My cost is about $2000 for the single motor version and $3000 for the duel motor version they extra $1000 includes motor, controller and battery.
Gearless motors are more expensive but have less moving parts and the 1000 watts that they advertise them as are really 1250 watts none of that "Peak" Krap, the 48 volt batteries are also an upgrade and more expensive.The geared hubs have smaller motors and try to make it up with the gearing that is where the "Peak" comes from but cannot sustain that output plus more parts to wear out. I have bought and sold several and am really getting into this it is a nice little side gig that I can do at my pace. I bought one of those doggy trailers to hook up to my rig and that is what I am going to use to haul my guns, gear and supplies when I venture out in to the great wilderness. As you can see I like the handle bars high it keeps from having your hands fall asleep when you are riding for extened periods of time. One last thing on mine the front and rear motors batteries and controlers are separate so if one brakes I can still make it home I have the rear one with a motorcycle throttle and the front one like an ATV thumb throttle so I can add power as needed IE: hills loose rocks and grave and sand. like I said it gives you a lot more control and is very forgiving. I use both motors when taking off from a standing start it puts less load on the single motor and the charge lasts longer. If you guys have any other questions feel to ask I will gladly answer them, I still haven't figured out what that other comment was about I am not waste to much grey matter on it.

Dean

Thanks that's very interesting. Might have to shoot you a pm for more details.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 58 invisible), 2,342 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,327
Posts18,468,523
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.