24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 77 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 76 77
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Old Coot still claiming he didn’t get the COVTARD shot.

And he voted for Trump.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You claim you didn't vote for Biden.

LOL

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by ERK
There is no herd immunity if the vaccine doesn’t keep you from getting it in the first place. Now the new variant is not covered by the vaccine so you guys are just gonna all die. So sorry lol. Edk

Yep, waiting on death.

Now saying that 75-95% vaccinations rate to achieve Herd Immunity.

Upon expected FDA approval of the vaccines, mandatory vaccinations are expected to elevate considerably for work, entry, etc.

It appears that’s coming full speed ahead.
There's not going to be any herd immunity when vaccinated people are still able to get and spread the virus.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Paul, next time you see her, tell her about my my nationally known GENIUS allergist MD from India originally who sucks the WHO, CDC, MSM FAUKKI BS line and had the JandJ vax and always wore masks everywhere outside his home and has been in a hospital bed for 5 days now with COVID-19 and ask her why if he dies he wont be listed as A Covid death since he had the vax, please.

Last edited by jaguartx; 08/09/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Oldman03
I just dont understand it.... Someone ask a question about something that hasn't been mentioned. When they are corrected, they act like they know what they are talking about, then ask the same question again. Low IQ, I'm guessing.

Toot mentioned pulling nets with 100's of lbs of fish. Most I ever saw was a net that was full of buffalo. Dad and I couldn't roll the net into the boat. Had to untie the trap and get them out 1 at a time. When it was about 1/2 full, we managed to roll it into the boat. I'm just guessing, but I believe their was 800 - 1000 lbs in the net to begin with.

Saw one of the Whetstone fellows raise 2 nets and had just over 1500 lbs of catfish. They own a fish market and that 1500 lbs was weighed on certified scales.

where's a pic of toot pulling these nets with his pencil arms with thousands of pounds of fish in them?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ribka
I just dont understand it.... Someone ask a question about something that hasn't been mentioned. When they are corrected, they act like they know what they are talking about, then ask the same question again. Low IQ, I'm guessing.

Toot mentioned pulling nets with 100's of lbs of fish. Most I ever saw was a net that was full of buffalo. Dad and I couldn't roll the net into the boat. Had to untie the trap and get them out 1 at a time. When it was about 1/2 full, we managed to roll it into the boat. I'm just guessing, but I believe their was 800 - 1000 lbs in the net to begin with.

Saw one of the Whetstone fellows raise 2 nets and had just over 1500 lbs of catfish. They own a fish market and that 1500 lbs was weighed on certified scales.

where's a pic of toot pulling these nets with his pencil arms with thousands of pounds of fish in them?

I thought him and Bob Brown was starting a "pics or it didn't happen" thread a few days ago.

Maybe they just put the pics in the original thread????

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by ERK
There is no herd immunity if the vaccine doesn’t keep you from getting it in the first place. Now the new variant is not covered by the vaccine so you guys are just gonna all die. So sorry lol. Edk

Yep, waiting on death.

Upon expected FDA approval of the vaccines, mandatory vaccinations are expected to elevate considerably for work, entry, etc.

Why won't you get the shot then?

He most likely already got the jab

^^^
Most likely low IQ.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
You already had Covid19 Toot?

Almost a month testing positive with no symptoms at all. Finally tested negative but no changes after that either.

No shot. No plans for one.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by goalie

I thought him and Bob Brown was starting a "pics or it didn't happen" thread a few days ago.

Maybe they just put the pics in the original thread????

By your own hand, puck boy, you can’t be trusted.

Laffin

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Almost a month testing positive with no symptoms at all. Finally tested negative but no changes after that either.

They weren't interested in testing me.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by ERK

Yep, waiting on death.

There's not going to be any herd immunity when vaccinated people are still able to get and spread the virus.

Yep. Very Doubtful about herd immunity.

Time will tell.

Everyone here, quite a few, saying that the covid would disappear and be a non issue after the 2020 elections might want to reconsider.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

What motivated you to be tested?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Never said Toot pulled nets with thousands of pounds of fish in them.

Evidently you know all about fishing nets...... why don't you come down here and show us how to bait, set, and raise nets in the Ms. River. I'll take the pics so everyone can see how it's done. LOL

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

They weren't interested in testing me.

My doc has (had) everyone tested that comes into the office.
I had to go in for a protocol to get a long expired Celebrex prescription refilled because it had been longer than a year since seeing him.

The test showed + and he tested me over the following several weeks. After going negative his thoughts were for me to hold off but watch for the coming Variant stages.

That’s that.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

You’d help yourself by just sitting quietly in the corner with your dunce cap on and stfu.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Evidently you know all about fishing nets...... why don't you come down here and show us how to bait, set, and raise nets in the Ms. River. I'll take the pics so everyone can see how it's done. LOL

Everyone knows buffalo weigh at least 1000lb a piece. Unless it's a calf. Do you release the baby buffalos? Do you castrate them first?
Lol

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Everyone knows buffalo weigh at least 1000lb a piece. Unless it's a calf. Do you release the baby buffalos? Do you castrate them first?
Lol

Lt, a friend fishes the Mississippi and Atchafalaya Rivers with hoop nets and typically sets as many as 7 nets tied together end to end

He uses “radar “ to find them being a lead filled section of 2” pipe with many u-bolts welded to it. When he snags the net string he loops his pull rope around the cat head of a 5 hp, horizontal shaft motor mounted on his front deck and begins the extraction.

He makes mega$ doing this but earns every cent.

I’m betting you know some guys just like him.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Lol

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

grin grin grin

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I don’t know how we got from Covid to hoop nets, but commercial fishing is something I know a little about. Back in the early 80’s I worked with a commercial fisherman and some of my own nets. Back then we were selling fish for 50 cents a pound, a 200 hp outboard was probably $4000 and gas was not much more than a dollar a gallon.

Today they are still paying 50 cents a pound, a 200 hp outboard motor is probably around $15,000, and gas is over $3.00 a gallon, not to mention the increased cost of nets and everything else. It takes a lot of nets and hard work to consistently catch 1000 pounds of fish a day. If you do that 300 days a year that is only $150,000 before a lot of expenses. There is just not money left in fishing hoop nets, at least around here. The catfish farms killed the industry. Farm fish are the same size and there is a consistent supply.

I still fish a net or two to catch a few fish.

[video:youtube]https://youtube.com/shorts/ogsZOR5dUic?feature=share[/video]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I use to commercial fish, on the side. Had a regular job working 7 on/7 off. Fished my off days. Your spot on about the prices and cost of things. Like you, I still have a few hoop nets and still set them, once in a while. I'll run a trot line or 2, also.

Page 23 of 77 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 76 77

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
424 members (10ring1, 1lesfox, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 43 invisible), 2,132 guests, and 922 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,070
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.