Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 23 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 22 23
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Don’t be angry . I wasn’t addressing you

I'm not angry, and if you weren't addressing us all, you didn't make that clear. Am I not allowed to reply to a comment you made to someone else here? Is that a new rule?

If you weren't replying to BB, then why quote him? Why not quote the one to whom you were replying and thus not confuse us peons?

Are the shots vaccines?

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
[quote=BobBrown]
Don’t be angry . I wasn’t addressing you

I'm not angry, and if you weren't addressing us all, you didn't make that clear. Am I not allowed to reply to a comment you made to someone else here? Is that a new rule?

How many more deaths in the USA comparing 2018, 2019, and 2020? They put the real numbers out publicly (CDC I believe) then got called out on it . I saw it plus Johns Hopkins posted the same information and got taken down

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I just talked to Dr Shelly Cole of Healthy Success Clinic in Temple Texas.
She has closed her practice to regular pts due to being covered up treating those who are sick with Covid dx.

No prophylactic tx available there now.

Many have had the Jab.
Please consider calling Shawn Harris for prophylactic rx if youve had the Vax.or your physician.

99.5% of Gibralter got the vax and Covid cases then jumped 2500% according to her.
CDC is threatening her if she doesnt start toeing the CDC line.

Israel- 90% of new cases had the Vax.

Please consider prophylactic rx.

Shawn Harris 432 264 1911 or your personal physician.

God Bless

Last edited by jaguartx; 08/11/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

For what it's worth Doc Rocket is giving you accurate information on the vaccine. It was highly effective at preventing break through infections of earlier stains of covid. It is still highly effective at preventing death or severe diease with the Delta strain.

Those are the facts and they are not really subject to politics.

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

You're calling them vaccines. Are they?

You tell me, ee...

Here's some commonly accepted definitions:

"A vaccine is a biological preparation that provides active acquired immunity to a particular infectious disease." (Google)

"Vaccine: a preparation that is administered (as by injection) to stimulate the body's immune response against a specific infectious agent or disease." (Merriam Webster)

"Vaccine: A product that stimulates a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease, protecting the person from that disease."(CDC.gov)

By these definitions, yes, the "COVID shot(s)" are vaccines.

Now, there are people who have decided that the definition of the term has to be limited for some reason. These persons are not typically immunologists or virologists, but there are possibly exceptions. Such folks take the following definition, from a respected encyclopedia, to mean that anything other than the pathogenic organism or some part of it must be present in the preparation to constitute a vaccine:

"Vaccine, suspension of weakened, killed, or fragmented microorganisms or toxins or of antibodies or lymphocytes that is administered primarily to prevent disease." (Encyclopedia Britannica)

However, molecular biologists have broadened that definition considerably. This, from Nature, the most respected biological sciences journal in the world:

"mRNA vaccines represent a promising alternative to conventional vaccine approaches because of their high potency, capacity for rapid development and potential for low-cost manufacture and safe administration. However, their application has until recently been restricted by the instability and inefficient in vivo delivery of mRNA. Recent technological advances have now largely overcome these issues, and multiple mRNA vaccine platforms against infectious diseases and several types of cancer have demonstrated encouraging results in both animal models and humans. This Review provides a detailed overview of mRNA vaccines and considers future directions and challenges in advancing this promising vaccine platform to widespread therapeutic use."

https://www.nature.com/articles/nrd.2017.243

So, there's your honest answer to your honest question.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

How many more deaths in the USA comparing 2018, 2019, and 2020? They put the real numbers out publicly (CDC I believe) then got called out on it . I saw it plus Johns Hopkins posted the same information and got taken down

These are still up. Have at it.

https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

http://www.healthdata.org/special-a...-19-and-scalars-reported-covid-19-deaths

There's lots more if you care to look.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
No thanks I’m not taking what’s posted online as fact

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

If you weren't replying to BB, then why quote him? Why not quote the one to whom you were replying and thus not confuse us peons?

[/quote]

Seems to be a quotation problem here, ee?

Here's what BobBrown wrote:

I don’t believe Covid solely has killed a single person.

You've read my reply, or comment, to that quote. I was explicitly replying to him. I'm not sure why you're confused... and why are you calling yourself a peon? Last time I looked, it was JoeBob calling people peons, not me. Are you taking his word for it?

Last edited by DocRocket; 08/11/21.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

You already made that clear. But hey, I ain't your unpaid research assistant, I ain't gonna send you reprints in the mail.

You could go to the nearest medical library and look up these papers yourself, though. They're there.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You're calling them vaccines. Are they?

You tell me, ee...

Here's some commonly accepted definitions:

"A vaccine is a biological preparation that provides active acquired immunity to a particular infectious disease." (Google)

"Vaccine: a preparation that is administered (as by injection) to stimulate the body's immune response against a specific infectious agent or disease." (Merriam Webster)

"Vaccine: A product that stimulates a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease, protecting the person from that disease."(CDC.gov)

By these definitions, yes, the "COVID shot(s)" are vaccines.

Now, there are people who have decided that the definition of the term has to be limited for some reason. These persons are not typically immunologists or virologists, but there are possibly exceptions. Such folks take the following definition, from a respected encyclopedia, to mean that anything other than the pathogenic organism or some part of it must be present in the preparation to constitute a vaccine:

"Vaccine, suspension of weakened, killed, or fragmented microorganisms or toxins or of antibodies or lymphocytes that is administered primarily to prevent disease." (Encyclopedia Britannica)

However, molecular biologists have broadened that definition considerably. This, from Nature, the most respected biological sciences journal in the world:

"mRNA vaccines represent a promising alternative to conventional vaccine approaches because of their high potency, capacity for rapid development and potential for low-cost manufacture and safe administration. However, their application has until recently been restricted by the instability and inefficient in vivo delivery of mRNA. Recent technological advances have now largely overcome these issues, and multiple mRNA vaccine platforms against infectious diseases and several types of cancer have demonstrated encouraging results in both animal models and humans. This Review provides a detailed overview of mRNA vaccines and considers future directions and challenges in advancing this promising vaccine platform to widespread therapeutic use."

https://www.nature.com/articles/nrd.2017.243

So, there's your honest answer to your honest question.

All I needed to know, thanks Doc.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by ruraldoc

For what it's worth Doc Rocket is giving you accurate information on the vaccine. It was highly effective at preventing break through infections of earlier stains of covid. It is still highly effective at preventing death or severe diease with the Delta strain.

Those are the facts and they are not really subject to politics.

Thanks for the support. I'm getting a goodly number of PM's from people who seem to appreciate the information I'm offering. Which is really the only reason I'm here... arguing with people who live for the thrill of quarreling isn't my raison d'etre...

Stay safe, doc.

J
jwp475 Online Sleepy OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I just talked to Dr Shelly Cole of Healthy Success Clinic in Temple Texas.
She has closed her practice to regular pts due to being covered up treating those who are sick with Covid dx.

No prophylactic tx available there now.

Many have had the Jab.
Please consider calling Shawn Harris for prophylactic rx if youve had the Vax.or your physician.

99.5% of Gibralter got the vax and Covid cases then jumped 2500% according to her.
CDC is threatening her if she doesnt start toeing the CDC line.

Israel- 90% of new cases had the Vax.

Please consider prophylactic rx.

Shawn Harris 432 264 1911 or your personal physician.

God Bless

I got the Covid-19 and I'm not vaccinated people that are vaccinated are getting Covid-19. I wasn't very sick the vaccinated aren't very sick is the claim. In my mind what's the point of the vaccine. They claimed it would protect against the variants but maybe not so well

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I got the shot, wore a mask and feel that has better odds than doing nothing.

living the good life every day
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

You already made that clear. But hey, I ain't your unpaid research assistant, I ain't gonna send you reprints in the mail.

You could go to the nearest medical library and look up these papers yourself, though. They're there.

Read much ? I stated they took the numbers/ reports down just as soon as they were told. Don’t be angry. The facts are clear if you’re awake

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Isn't the purpose of a vaccine to prevent you from getting whatever it was designed to stop? It doesn't appear to me that that's what's happening here.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Raeford
Hope like hell that we are nearing the peak for the Delta variant.
Things can start simmering back down for everyone.
Looking at other countries we should just about be there.

I hope you're right, and looking at the data from other countries, that's not an unreasonable hope.

My only problem with that is that the outbreak we are currently seeing hasn't made it across the entire country... yet. So we may see it settle down in the South, and then see it mushroom in the Northeast or upper Midwest, yet.

We shall see.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Propaganda :

information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The testing methods are sketchy with low accuracy

They cannot tell which variant someone has

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Isn't the purpose of a vaccine to prevent you from getting whatever it was designed to stop? It doesn't appear to me that that's what's happening here.

The purpose of a vaccine is to induce active immunity to a pathogen.

Whether it prevents the infection completely or mitigates the negative effects of the infection is not germane to the definition.

There are other vaccines that do not fully prevent getting a disease. There are two vaccines against Herpes zoster (shingles) on the market, neither of which guarantee you won't get the disease, but which do in fact dramatically reduce the severity of an outbreak if you get it. The second one, released a couple of years ago, is much more effective. But neither one prevents the disease.

There are other examples. The various Influenza vaccines are similarly only partially effective in many cases, even against the strains they are designed for. But the benefits of preventing a serious infection resulting in hospitalization or death from influenza is considered important enough to justify the fact that it doesn't completely prevent the disease.

Page 14 of 23 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (12344mag, 21, 10gaugeman, 219 Wasp, 1234, 17CalFan, 50 invisible), 3,346 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,294
Posts18,467,986
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.