-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Not sure this is the right place to post this, but figured it might get some attention. My apologies in advance.

I'm in the process of resurrecting a Hornady/Pacific 366 that's been in my possession and unused for a number of years, however, I'm missing one last piece. Called Hornady and got what I needed that wasn't available elsewhere. The one piece that I'm missing is the primer drop tube. Placed a WTB in the classified, but as of yet nothing has turned up.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...wtb-hornady-366-primer-tube#Post16296609

In the meantime, I thought I'd reach out to those that might have a 366 and see if I could possibly get some measurements for the drop tube, and subsequently fabricate one. That said, does any one have a 366 with the 'old style' primer tube that they can give the length, O.D. and I.D. of the drop tube, and possible take a guess of the material it's made of? (I'm thinking it might have been plated brass or stainless.)

Any/all help will be appreciated.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I have one I’ll try to remember to get you measurements tomorrow evening. Mine is made of brass

Last edited by win7stw; 08/01/21.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by win7stw
I have one I’ll try to remember to get you measurements tomorrow evening. Mine is made of brass

Appreciate it, when you get the time.

The more and more I look at what the tube is supposed to be, I can't imagine Hornady going out of their way to spec something out of the ordinary. I suspect the tube is no more than .375" O.D. and something on the order of .315-.320" I.D. (to accommodate the OD of a primer base with a some wiggle room.)

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I may have a spare 366 primer drop tube....let me check.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore

Much appreciated.

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore

Much appreciated.

I have one., still in the package. I read your other post and would just cherish having a Hornady 366 in 28 gauge. I have a 12 and 20 gauge 366 and had a 366 28 gauge I so stupidly got talked out of. Would cherish another.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Would you consider parting with the extra? PM if you like.

As for having multiple 366s when I was in TX, it was almost a 'necessary evil'. I shot predominately in the San Antonio metro area. Mostly skeet, but some trap (wobble and bunker) and 5 stand, pretty much 6 nights a week. Rarely did I shoot at the same gun club twice in a week. I lived about 4 miles from The National Gun Club - home to NSSA. At the time they had not joined with NCSA and were not regularly open for open shooting.

About once a month I'd travel to a registered skeet shoot. To say I shot thousands of target in TX would be an understatement. It also takes thousands of rounds to shoot as much as I did and reloading was the only way to go for all the practice rounds I shot. Coming home after shooting a 100 or more rounds, grabbing something to eat and reloading a couple hundred rounds each night was the norm. All of the 366s I bought were used. Mostly from GIs rotating overseas from one of the military bases. All but the 20ga started life as a 12ga. At the time you could buy a complete die head, with the dies and other necessary conversion parts, or just the conversion kit, pretty reasonably from several places, which is what i did.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have MEC 9000H in all my shotgun shell loader but IF I were to ever change, the 366 would be right at the top of my list. I have a buddy that has a Spoiler and even though I am a Mechanical Engineer, I would not want to run that thing. When (not if) you mess up, it is a major undertaking to unscrew the pooch on that thing.
Best as I can tell, the 366 is a cheaper (Not in a bad way) version of a PW, correct?

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I have an extra tube you can have. Pm me your address I will mail it to you.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mike_S
I have an extra tube you can have. Pm me your address I will mail it to you.

Classy Mike. Guys like you make this a great place.

Jim

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

340 members (16penny, 1_deuce, 204guy, 1minute, 1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 43 invisible), 2,338 guests, and 1,107 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,168
Posts18,465,343
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.