Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
What would you know about shooting (or police work) Blue?

You are part of the M9 Generation.

Nothing.

But I've had a LOT of highway patrol cops write me tickets. I'm well versed in their culture.

Last edited by Bluedreaux; 08/12/21.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Them DPS dudes don’t budge eh😆

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

he's also a hell of an actor, but I dont rememebr him using an m9 in any of his three movies

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is nothing more detrimental to actual police work than a born-again Traffic Azzhole.

ETA: My apologies, Chippy. That was a little harsh. Actually traffic guys kept the rest of us freed up for important stuff like UCR Part One crimes, rescuing damsels in distress and stakeouts at the local donut shop.

Last edited by SargeMO; 08/13/21.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by lvmiker
In reference to the choice of the MC holster. Wearing a horizontally oriented shoulder holster containing a loaded firearm causes you point a loaded firearm at anyone to your rear and in most circumstances causes you to muzzle/sweep your self while drawing. Neither of these things receive a lot of attention in the gunworld but have caused many LE agencies and prominent training venues to discontinue their use. I did have one for my Commander but couldn't get past the above issues once I became aware of the potential problems.

Of course you could carry your 1911 w/ an empty chamber and master the "Israeli Draw"

SNORK!!!!

mike r

Israeli Draw is executed from the strong side, IWD, with no holster.....just saying...

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

Exchipy Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SargeMO
There is nothing more detrimental to actual police work than a born-again Traffic Azzhole.

ETA: My apologies, Chippy. That was a little harsh. Actually traffic guys kept the rest of us freed up for important stuff like UCR Part One crimes, rescuing damsels in distress and stakeouts at the local donut shop.

I appreciate the thought, SargeMO. Thanks.
The thing about traffic enforcement which most don’t get is that, if it is done with enthusiasm, it gets an observant cop into a whole bunch of cars in a short amount of time, and in contact with a lot of surprised folks who are not prepared for it. While the vast majority of traffic stops result in minor corrective action and PR opportunities, the others can produce huge numbers of warrants, drugs, weapons and other on-view felony arrests, if the traffic cop is sufficiently curious and follows up on what is being observed, while employing good officer safety practices.
My beat partner and I were of the same mind about this and added an extra category to our monthly activity record sheets for bail amounts from in-custody arrests. At the end of the month, the one of us with the highest bail dollar total had his lunch paid for by the other. The sergeants hated that we were off the road so often booking bad guys at the jail, but our regular traffic activity was so much higher than other officers that they couldn’t say much. One sergeant finally noticed the extra, unidentified tallies being kept on our activity sheets, asked about it, and immediately ordered a halt to it as being “unprofessional.” We continued the practice, but no longer kept score.
As a prosecutor, I told the county’s deputies, city cops and CHP officers about this and prosecution volume began increasing noticeably.

Every day’s an adventure.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Nothing.

But I've had a LOT of highway patrol cops write me tickets. I'm well versed in their culture.

I only have one example of their culture, but it was pretty hilarious to hear him accuse me of almost running over the car that changed lanes ahead of me and slammed on its brakes to take the exit it almost missed - while on my motorcycle. And that was after he accused me of speeding when I was passed by multiple cars just prior to his appearance. Yeah, a real rocket surgeon, that one. But the really funny part was how baffled he was by my straightforward answers to his stupid scripted questions about my residence and employment. Yeah, a real fart smeller.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
I for one, and happy we have Mackay on the Fire.. When he speaks I listen.. Lots of BS artists here, but you can count on the advice he gives.. Hang in there always enjoy your stuff..

Molon Labe
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Agreed. I have not met Mackay face to face yet. Perhaps some day?

But I well understand if he has formed an opinion, you can consider it justified.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by RufusG
Originally Posted by Exchipy
So, you recognize no personal responsibility to discuss it with anyone else?

People carrying 1911s are dying at a rate orders of magnitude beyond their ability to shoot themselves. Take solace in the fact that this crisis will resolve itself shortly without our intervention.

Thats awesome!

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
In reference to the choice of the MC holster. Wearing a horizontally oriented shoulder holster containing a loaded firearm causes you point a loaded firearm at anyone to your rear and in most circumstances causes you to muzzle/sweep your self while drawing. Neither of these things receive a lot of attention in the gunworld but have caused many LE agencies and prominent training venues to discontinue their use. I did have one for my Commander but couldn't get past the above issues once I became aware of the potential problems.

Of course you could carry your 1911 w/ an empty chamber and master the "Israeli Draw"

SNORK!!!!

mike r

Israeli Draw is executed from the strong side, IWD, with no holster.....just saying...

The Israeli draw to which I referred is carrying w/ an empty chamber and chambering a round as part of the presentation...just saying...

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
The Israeli draw to which I referred is carrying w/ an empty chamber and chambering a round as part of the presentation...just saying...

mike r

With Condition 3 mandatory, I practiced that presentation from a flap holster for many hours as an Army MP, while standing a solo guard post down range in the desert.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by SargeMO
I've got a personal responsibility to properly instruct younger family members if they are shooting here. Beyond that, I mind my own business.

Charlie's 1911 had the rawhide safety cord added to prevent unintentional interference with intentional discharges.

I have seen guys do that or just run tape around the grip to keep the grip safety from rattling as they walked.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Chippy is back again,

Lecturing us on the 1911..

I find it interesting that he went and eliminated his posts in this thread.

NOTE he was called out for trying to pass himself off as a subject matter expert when in fact (by his own posts that he went and later eliminated) he does not possess even the most basic of actual certifications of any kind in relation to the 1911. But there were paragraphs of fluff about going to Afghanistan and seeing airplanes in the distance drop ordnance, and teaching local Hajis how to do legal paperwork. As if that somehow is going to lend credibility on the subject of the M1911.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Chippy is back again.

So, Hotshot, you got an answer to the pending question in that other thread, or not?

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Did it leave a bruise? Break the skin?

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Oh no Chippy,

You are the one who feels it is your "Personal Responsibility" to tell others what to do. The fact is that no amount of pretending and BSing will make you a subject matter expert. You don't have the background.

You can fool all of the people some of time; you can fool some of the people all of the time, but you can’t fool all the people all the time.”

Allegedly quoted by PT Barnum.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Oh no Chippy.

No answer from you, then. Not surprising.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Chippy is back again,

Lecturing us on the 1911..

I find it interesting that he went and eliminated his posts in this thread.

NOTE he was called out for trying to pass himself off as a subject matter expert when in fact (by his own posts that he went and later eliminated) he does not possess even the most basic of actual certifications of any kind in relation to the 1911. But there were paragraphs of fluff about going to Afghanistan and seeing airplanes in the distance drop ordnance, and teaching local Hajis how to do legal paperwork. As if that somehow is going to lend credibility on the subject of the M1911

How can this nerdy looking wing nut be expected to.have a clue?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Exchipy

mike r

With Condition 3 mandatory, I practiced that presentation from a flap holster for many hours as an Army MP, while standing a solo guard post down range in the desert.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 163bc, 10Glocks, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,304 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,233
Posts18,466,695
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.