GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
unreal bull!
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by bbassi; 09/05/21.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bbassi
unreal bull!

Absolutely!

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
B bassi Thanks for sharing.... a real herd bull if there ever was one. Is this the 9x9 one ? HH

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Is this the 9x9 one ?"

Yes

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Hungry Horse
B bassi Thanks for sharing.... a real herd bull if there ever was one. Is this the 9x9 one ? HH

funny thing is I have not seen any cows on this camera in almost a month. All I'm seeing is bulls, and this isn't the only mature bull up there.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bbassi

funny thing is I have not seen any cows on this camera in almost a month. All I'm seeing is bulls, and this isn't the only mature bull up there.

+1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
6:15pm 9/5/21 Nice bull eating apples back inside the trees...camera operator has him pretty visible though. Rong on bowsite.com 1 bull from Nebraska and 1 from New Mexico being shown so far. You can look at all elk killed under the thread 2021 meatpole ... or you can go to all the different states in a drop down offering bowhunting elk and see them like that state by state. There is the Big Game forums elk or the state forums... discussing all things bowhunting Rong it is an excellent source of information and advice and pleasure. It was better 15 years ago when older experienced hunter shared so much of their wisdom. Many being older have passed away, the newer folks hold onto their knowledge, are more tight lipped, and more argumentative and less respecful !. Things change... and not always for the better. The bowhunters there are the real deal though, passionate bow hunters . HH .

HH,
I agree with you!

I too enjoy the views!

Thanks again,
HS58

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Hunter Shooter 58: Thanks but B bassi is offering the the nice photo shoots of the Pa streaming web cam at Benezette and the Pa Game Comm is the one to thank for the streaming web cams. Me... I am just a lover of the Outdoors and the beauty of wildlife... and I am a hunter. : ) I have visited Benezette Pa many time since 1996, but it is a 180 mile trip from my home, so nice to view the elk on a streaming web cam. I believe this field we watch here is below the new Elk County Visitor's Center. The newer visitors museum is quite the place to visit in mid Sept to see the elk in the nearby fields and along Winslow Hill. HH.

Google Images: https://www.google.com/search?q=pa+...GqAQtnd3Mtd2l6LWltZ7ABAA&sclient=img

Click that link to see the Elk County Vistors museum and the elk in the parking lot...pretty cool !

Last edited by Hungry Horse; 09/06/21.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Coyote in the back by the apples,and about 15 turkeys on the road today.

Last edited by rong; 09/06/21.
IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Hunter Shooter 58: Thanks but B bassi is offering the the nice photo shoots of the Pa streaming web cam at Benezette and the Pa Game Comm is the one to thank for the streaming web cams. Me... I am just a lover of the Outdoors and the beauty of wildlife... and I am a hunter. : ) I have visited Benezette Pa many time since 1996, but it is a 180 mile trip from my home, so nice to view the elk on a streaming web cam. I believe this field we watch here is below the new Elk County Visitor's Center. The newer visitors museum is quite the place to visit in mid Sept to see the elk in the nearby fields and along Winslow Hill. HH.

Click that link to see the Elk County Vistors museum and the elk in the parking lot...pretty cool !

I'm with you on being a lover of the outdoors and a Hunter!

Benezette is about 3 hrs from my house in NE Ohio, and 3 hrs from Hunt camp in N E PA!

Thanks too All who made it easier to view the Videos!

HS58

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
6:33am 9/7/21 Tues Some noisey crows at 6;33am, a little foggy and lots of morning dew on the foliage, but no deer or elk then. Hunter Shooter 58 thanks for the reply. Are you in Venango county in your Pa camp ? Sorry you said N/E... Venango is N/W Pa. HH

Last edited by Hungry Horse; 09/07/21. Reason: error correction
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
NW PA

West Springfield, Near Albion!

My Father in Law built the Cabin in the early 50's, and we've added property ever since!

Near State Game Lands 101!

It's nice cuz it's only 83 miles from my house, so 1 1/2 hour drive usually!

HS58

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"West Springfield, Near Albion!"

Hi neighbor.

I've hunted GL 101 all my life.

Last edited by Teeder; 09/08/21.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
3:36am 9/9/21 One deer and one elk in the field Camera Op seems to not see the elk and close in.....Oh well... Did anyone see any bulls the evening of 9/8/21. Are they bugling yet ? Hoping for a real cool down, and bugling and fighting to begin ! Late Sept it will come ! Enjoy.. HH

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anyone not seeing elk on the camera.

It's a dawn and dusk hunt.

If you aren't watching in the hour before or after dark, your not seeing
much of the show. Same with visiting mostly. If you aren't going to be there
in the dark, you're gonna miss it.

It's what sucks for us. Close to 2 hours away, so it's impossible to buzz
up on a Friday after work. And it blows big time to try and get up early
enough to drive 2 hours to be there before dawn.

So, a motel in Clearfield.
And still a decent ride in the AM.

Might do it again this fall.
It's expensive to look at elk for an hour.
But it's a cheap outing.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Are they bugling yet ? Hoping for a real cool down, and bugling and fighting to begin ! Late Sept it will come ! Enjoy.. HH

I could hear bugling last night. It started a couple days ago.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Teeder
Are they bugling yet ? Hoping for a real cool down, and bugling and fighting to begin ! Late Sept it will come ! Enjoy.. HH

I could hear bugling last night. It started a couple days ago.

Thank you Teeder, I will get on a little earlier, and listen for them. HH

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
3:46 pm 9/9/21 A flock of turkeys are out by the apple trees but in the field pecking away. HH

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Dillionbuck; Yep that is how it goes if you have a long drive to see the elk, get a motel and enjoy a long week-end up there
Sept seems like hotels motels are pretty full, lots of events taking place up there in the Dubois area. There are camping areas also.

Yes, it is a drive from Dubois to the elk viewing areas. maybe...one hour plus. You might see elk as you drive along RT 555, I have many times.

Medix Run is also a good elk viewing area, sometimes right near the cabins. But seems like Benezette area & Winslow Hill area is best normally.

The Elk County Visitor musuem is up on Winslow Hill and some more Elk viewing spots on that road. Be respectful of home owners there along the road. The elk will be in their yards and farm fields.

As the Rut comes on stronger you may catch them out a few hours before sunset.. maybe as early as 4:30-5:00pm but usually a hour before sunset.

If you get off the roads... back into the fields & woods bordering each other along the creeks, you may see them earlier during the daylight hours. Enjoy ! HH

Last edited by Hungry Horse; 09/09/21. Reason: correction
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 222ND, 75 invisible), 2,443 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,678
Posts18,456,284
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.