Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
It is good to see someone quoting George Bush as he rattles on, 18 years ago, about "building a new democracy in Afghanistan." He is so stupid, he actually thought he could do this.

It is good to see this because Bush is largely getting a pass in these past few days, I see Biden getting criticized, even on CNN and MSNBC, and of course they criticize Trump. Obama is mentioned occasionally. But nobody, from Hannity to Mark Levin to Tucker Carlson, mentions the name George Bush or his puppet master Dick Cheney. Those two are primarily to blame for the disaster in Afghanistan.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Twenty years is nothing - they're getting close to sixty on the Kennedy assassination.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LFC
The Russians couldn't whip the towel heads what made us think we could.....not sure Adolf Hitler could beat them.
Adolph Hitler could not and did not beat the Russians. They are brutal. I can't imagine we thought we could subdue Afghanistan when the the Russians failed despite their ROE that allowed anything but poison gas.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by LFC
The Russians couldn't whip the towel heads what made us think we could.....not sure Adolf Hitler could beat them.

How do you kill a nest of fire ants ?

One thing for damn sure…we can’t using the tactics and rules of engagement we set for ourselves in that war.

It was reminiscent of the calvary initially engaging the Comanche. The Comanche/Taliban don’t have rules. They kill their enemy any way possible any time possible.

Our mission needed to be the same…kill the enemy.

Hell we put them in GITMO and left them (at huge expense) until we forgot why we were mad at them…then said oh heck…just go on home. Now, we see them as commanders in Afghanistan. Damn…we have seen the enemy…and it is us!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
........ But nobody, from Hannity to Mark Levin to Tucker Carlson, mentions the name George Bush or his puppet master Dick Cheney. Those two are primarily to blame for the disaster in Afghanistan.
I agree, and I voted for W. Twice.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by LFC

Well - honestly, we did more there, faster than the Russians did.

What's happening in A-stan is because of the vacuum we've created by leaving. IF we were still there the same as we were 18 months ago - this wouldn't be happening. It's not like we're being pushed off the field of battle at the point of a bayonet.

That said - the only way to "win" is to be there forever - which isn't a win either.

What would "success" in A-stan look like for us? There forever? We went in there because they were, at the time, harboring terrorists. We killed a lot of them, if that's the goal - pretty decent success. If the goal is nation building (which it never should be) then no. That's akin to buying a new car every time you need tires. I'd much rather buy tires from time to time (kick ass here and there, not rebuild the whole thing)

IOW - I'm fine with going in, decimating a problem and leaving. I'm not ok with going in, doing 65% of the job and just hanging out a couple decades.

Last edited by Teal; 08/17/21.

Me

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Originally Posted by chesterwy
Proud conservatives citing Glen Greenwald. 😂😂😂😂

Glenn is one of the few decent journalists left. I've followed him since the Snowden thing. He's more of a classic Liberal than one of today's leftist Marxists.

Bb

Absolutely. But listening to the gallery here talk about their disdain for liberals and homosexuals, it’s odd.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
War on terror should have lasted a year at best.
Bomb the camps, move on.
Cost benefit of 20 years of nation building is a total loss.
Now they enemy benefits from the infrastructure and assets left behind.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by LFC

Hitler or Stalin could have permanently conquered Afghanistan. They would have rounded up every last man , woman , and child and killed them. Then they would have resettled Afghanistan with their preferred people.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
The military complex needs wars and conflicts to keep the cash flowing. They buy politicians, they buy generals, and they buy support from academic Think Tanks who write the reasons and architecture for making war.

As Rene50 would say....Follow the money 💰

🦫

This is PRECISELY why Trump was our salvation, so the swamp united and gor rid of him.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by LFC

Burn/melt the nest?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hookeye
Originally Posted by LFC

Burn/melt the nest?

I bet even fire-ants died in Hiroshima. 😉

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

669 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1234, 62 invisible), 2,971 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,487
Posts18,452,010
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.