My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I remember the last time Lee24 put his Ballistic Calculator to work and astonished the world with this revelation:

Originally Posted by Lee24
I ran the 120-gr TSX at 3,000 fps through several ballistics calculators, including my my own. They all all said the same thing:

The little TSX only shoots about 10% flatter than the 154-gr boattails, but the 154 gr bullet delivers 40% more energy at 400 yards, 70% more energy at 500 yards.

At 300 yards, the 120-gr TSX gives up 30% energy advantage to the 154, for only a few inches less drop. At 200 or less, the trajectory difference is nothing appreciable.

How much bad water would you draw from a well before the source itself earns the same adjective?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
jds44 -
Since my ballistics calculator gives answers very close to those of JBM, Remington and Sierra, as well as to the actual drops and velocities I have input, I know it's right. I wrote it to add some features they don't have, including artillery shots with high angles of sight elevation.

In what computer languages are you capable of grading someone's code? If you could, why don't you write your own program?

Translation - you don't have the code or the calculator itself because you never wrote one.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
You avoided answering my question:
What computer languages do you know well enough to understand someone else's code, even code as well-organized and commented as mine?

Have you ever written a commerical computer program? A scientific or engineering program?

Or are you just bluffing to be obnoxious?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
First no pictures of anything you've ever done and now you can't produce the calc you supposedly wrote. I'm starting to see a pattern here. Who's bluffing and avoiding the questions???

To answer your question - I was a programmer at one time and have written software. Now put up or crawl back in your hole.

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
... but you don't remember the computer language you used, and don't feel comfortable discussing the issue you raised. That answers my question.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
C and Clipper and I can read plenty more. Keeping talking in circles, we all know you're full of [bleep].

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
No, I am a software engineer, among other things, and you are afraid to discuss the subject you brought up. Think ahead, next time and don't be so rude. Just like on the playground, you might get your face rubbed in the dirt.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
You are the only one here afraid to discuss the subject at hand. You said you had code, I asked to see it. You can't produce it because it never existed (yes, I am calling you a liar in public). Now you're trying to change the subject (again).

Go ahead, rub my face in the dirt genius - prove I can't read and interpret your code by posting it. You can't produce any evidence to back up your claims, can you? Same song, different day.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Why should I show anyone my proprietary software, especially people who have no experience with the languages or the technical algorithms? Take you punky bluffing somewhere else and see if you can hijack the thread away from the ballistics and hunting you also cannot discuss.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
You prove us all correct once again...

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Why should I show anyone my proprietary software, especially people who have no experience with the languages or the technical algorithms? Take you punky bluffing somewhere else and see if you can hijack the thread away from the ballistics and hunting you also cannot discuss.

Dude, have you ever done anything you can prove?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Dude, have you ever done anything you can prove?

He's got proving he's an a$$ who's never really done anything outside surfing the net for info down to a science...

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
If you can't comprehend something, no one can "prove" it to you.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I believe even us idiots that aren't worthy of your presence can comprehend pictures of dead critters. You can't produce any of those. Most of us can figure out how to put numbers into a ballistic calc program to get meaniful output. You can't produce the finished product of a ballistics program you say you wrote. Some of us work in the IT field and can probably comprehend anything you say you've written. You can't produce that either.

See a pattern here? You can BS all you want, but you can't put up a shred of proof.

DDP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you can't operate a camera, you probably can't write a computer program.

To rear children in an atmosphere of love, security, and faith is the most rewarding of all challenges. The good results from such efforts becomes life's most satisfying compensation. ~Gordon B. Hinckley
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
145gr. Speer

WN

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
+100

Why is it Lee feels the need to talk down to everyone here?

Jim

"The skillful woodsman who knows his game, and who gets close, can keep himself in venison or moose meat with a rifle most of us would consider entirely inadequate." - Jack O'Connor
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I don't talk down to everybody, but I don't humor the few really ignorant posters when they are rude and obnoxious.

JDS, you just have your ass on your shoulders and want to yap at my heels.
You haven't posted any pictures of any antelope you took with your favorite 7mm-08 load, if you even have such a load.

First the claims went up from the 120-gr TSX crowd that all other bullets sucked, and anyone who recommended them was an idiot. The 160-gr Sierra was of no value in the wind, lacked the energy to open at long range, yadda yadda, blah, blah.

So I posted some real facts of the 160-gr Gameking setting 300 and 600 yard match records out of the 7mm-08. Silence.

Then John Barsness said he had used the 160-gr Sierra at long range on antelope and it worked fine. Silence.

Now, some Clipper (obsolete, also-ran database scripting language) programmer wants to see my code, in a language he admits to not understanding, so he can grade me. How stupid is that?

If you want to post about your fantasies of how you are somehow superior to me in some area, instead of about the thread topics, knock yourself out.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by MoTurkeyHunter
+100

Why is it Lee feels the need to talk down to everyone here?

He suffers from a personality disorder.

"B. Cerebral narcissism may be expressed as a need to be right or a belief that we have
superior insight over others.
1. Cerebral narcissism derives its narcissistic supply from intelligence or academic
achievements.
2. Cerebral narcissists are convinced their education is superior to others� and
that the ideas of others are only second best to their own.
3. Cerebral narcissism can easily develop in someone who is truly intellectually
brilliant.
4. The cerebral narcissist is convinced that he or she is unique and should associate
only with other special or high-status individuals."

http://www.reclamationrc.org/acrobat/Twisted%20Thinking%20Class/Lesson%202%20-%20Narcissism.pdf

He will not be helped, because he will deem his intelligence and credentials to be superior to any Mental Health Doctor who tries to treat him....

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 70 invisible), 2,324 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,121
Posts18,464,592
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.