Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Both the FDA tweet and the article leave a whole lot to be desired....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/stop-fda-warns-people-not-184608993.html

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is urging people to stop taking veterinary drugs to treat or prevent Covid-19 after receiving multiple reports of patients who have been hospitalized after "self-medicating with ivermectin intended for horses," according to the federal agency.

"You are not a horse. You are not a cow. Seriously, y'all. Stop it," the FDA tweeted from its official account on Saturday, alongside a consumer update detailing why the drug can be unsafe for humans.

Ivermectin, which is not an anti-viral drug, is generally used to treat or prevent parasites in animals.

"These animal drugs are often highly concentrated because they are used for large animals like horses and cows, which can weigh a lot more than" a human, the FDA update reads. "Such high doses can be highly toxic in humans."

Patients who overdose with ivermectin can experience nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, low blood pressure, allergic reactions, dizziness, problems with balance, seizures, coma and even death, according to the FDA.

The agency clarified that the FDA-approved ivermectin tablets meant to treat people with certain conditions caused by parasitic worms as well as topical formulations used for head lice and skin conditions like rosacea are different from the drug used on animals. Ivermectin tablets and topical formulations for humans have "very specific doses" that are significantly smaller than the doses meant for animals.

Moreover, "many inactive ingredients found in animal products aren’t evaluated for use in people," the FDA warned. "In some cases, we don’t know how those inactive ingredients will affect how ivermectin is absorbed in the human body."

The FDA stressed that no form of the ivermectin drug has been approved by the agency for use in treating or preventing Covid-19 in humans.

"However, some initial research is underway," the agency said, adding that "taking a drug for an unapproved use can be very dangerous. This is true of ivermectin, too."

The agency said it was forced to issue a warning in the consumption of ivermectin following "a lot of misinformation" around the drug.

"You may have heard that it’s okay to take large doses of ivermectin. That is wrong," the FDA consumer update reads. "Meanwhile, effective ways to limit the spread of Covid-19 continue to be to wear your mask, stay at least 6 feet from others who don’t live with you, wash hands frequently, and avoid crowds."

The FDA has also granted emergency use authorizations for three Covid-19 vaccines to prevent Covid-19 infections.

Covid-19 has claimed the lives of more than 630,000 people in the U.S. since the start of the pandemic in early 2020. Since then, more than 37.6 million cases of Covid-19 infections have been reported nationwide, according to NBC News' tally.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
TS had a sign warning not to use the apple flavored paste
on humans for covid.

Saw it when I bought the last tube they had.

Don't have any horses!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Piss on them

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
All they said is please stop using horse liniment. Your doctor is still free to prescribe all the Ivermectin you want. Some folks aren't smart enough to dose themselves.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FDA will approve vaccines after 8 months when most take 10-14 years? Fugg them..

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Neighghhhhhh

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
J
J23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
It'll be regulated to a veterinarian-prescribed drug here before too long.

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by J23

It's going to happen very soon. Most people already think it is prescription only.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My doctor prescribed me ivermectin last week for COVID. It’s was pharmaceutical grade and came in 5mg tablets. There you go.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by J23

That’s how it was first available. In the good old days, one needed the vet to deworm their horses.

The people ODing on it are probably eating an entire tube.

Darwin Award winners.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by SandBilly
FDA will approve vaccines after 8 months when most take 10-14 years? Fugg them..

Not true a new flu vaccine is approved about every 8 months proving that covid is the flu

I VOTED FOR TRUMP TWICE, AND WILL VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dustyone
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Not true a new flu vaccine is approved about every 8 months proving that covid is the flu

Flu shots aren’t mRNA. Anyway, I don’t take those either.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
lol, look at the image the FDA put out there to go with the tweet.

Social engineering messaging much?

Bastids.

[Linked Image from p3.pstatp.com]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I believe in the FDA completely, as they have my best interest in mind at all times. I will throw my apple paste ivermectin in the trash immediately.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
We are not Guinea Pig Ether

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by specialK
My doctor prescribed me ivermectin last week for COVID. It’s was pharmaceutical grade and came in 5mg tablets. There you go.

My Dr. might have prescribed the pills for me but he dropped dead two days after his second Pfizer jab.

Just went through the Vid last month and given my comorbidities such as being kinda old and kinda fat and being diabetic and also asthma and both my wife and I got through it fine and have naturally earned antibodies I will give credit to the apple horsey paste.

Of course I dosed according to another Dr. on line that printed a chart of paste by weight. Easy peasy.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Yep, I got a prescription too. I guess most people prefer to eat the horse grease.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Yep, I got a prescription too. I guess most people prefer to eat the horse grease.

Same thing, no Dr on the planet will admit it. Many animal meds are the same as for humans.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
"Seriously ya'll'?? lol!

Are those creeps for real?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Complete bullshit, the FDA did not "go after" ivermectin. Reading comprehension and context are key. Doctors are prescribing it regularly, JFC

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
717 members (12308300, 160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 90 invisible), 2,723 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,696
Posts18,399,917
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.