Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
In my teens thru my twenties, I duck and goose hunted 30 plus days a season. We’d pile up the Mallards, Widgeon, Teal, and geese to the point where our freezer should have sprouted wings.

I enjoyed eating a fat roasted mallard or goose a couple times a month. The problem became we had more ducks than we could eat just by oven roasting. We started breasting out our smaller ducks, then sauté them with different herbs and seasonings, including Teriyaki sauce and stir frying to change up the flavor.

All cooking methods produced good to decent table eats, but, eventually we’d tire on Donald Duck. Enter the smoker - We starting smoking duck breast, which was pretty good. That’s as far as we took it for ways to prepare duck.

I stopped serious duck hunting the last 20 years, but the past couple years I started getting a serious itch to start hunting them again.

I took it a step further by getting myself a duck boat last week. Ducks are gonna fall this winter, so I’m looking for some good ways to prepare duck, besides the ways I mentioned above.

What do you all got for turning a duck into some tasty food ?

🦫

PS

Some high priced restaurants have charged upwards of $60 bucks for a whole duck. Never ordered it, but I’ve heard Liberals say it’s amazing !??! Amazing, wtf am I missing ?

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
BP-B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I love duck hunting and eating but I hate plucking. It was a great day when my kids got old enough to argue over who “gets” to pluck the ducks. My favorite ways to eat them or either duck gumbo or a pot pie

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Save-a-lot stores stock em.

Next to the turkey nex and pik foots.

I buy one for thanksgiving.

My mom makes homemade dressing with duck. I’ll get my fill of dressing for the year in turkey day.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like to marinate the breasts in this and cook to medium rare over charcoal. Chew slow on account of steel shot.

https://www.basquenorte.com/the-marinade.php

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kellywk
I love duck hunting and eating but I hate plucking. It was a great day when my kids got old enough to argue over who “gets” to pluck the ducks. My favorite ways to eat them or either duck gumbo or a pot pie

Recipe?

I could DuckDuckGo it. But, then it wouldn’t be your favorite

Grins

🦫

“Molon Labe”
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

My mom makes homemade dressing with duck. I’ll get my fill of dressing for the year in turkey day.

I will send you 40

What’s your address ?

😝🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Higginez
I like to marinate the breasts in this and cook to medium rare over charcoal. Chew slow on account of steel shot.

https://www.basquenorte.com/the-marinade.php

Cool !

Thanks, Higgy

🦫

“Molon Labe”
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
... breasts, wrapped in bacon, and grilled.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by add
... breasts, wrapped in bacon, and grilled.

Damn !

Bacon makes anything taste better.

Excellent, ADD

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Duck and or goose gumbo is my favorite way to eat them too.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Goose fajitas. As a change of pace most anything goose, venison, and turkey taste good as a fajita.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston

Duck and or goose gumbo is my favorite way to eat them too.

RECIPE ! ! !

🙄🦫

“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I've found the best way to have good duck is to chuck those nasty mallards and geese in the ditch and go shoot you some wood ducks for the table.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We skin them, debone, then grind them.
Taco and burrito goodness.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
When I started waterfowl hunting in the late 70's -early 80's my parents would ask what I was going to do with the ducks.
Before too long the tune had changed to when I was going duck hunting again.
Plucking it a must, roasting a necessity, and the recipe is critical.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

I will send you 40

What’s your address ?

😝🦫

Thanks. But no thanks.

Duck hunting isn’t big around here. ( actual sport. ).

Of course if you went by all the Duck commander , Drake , DU stickers on trucks you’d think it was a hotspot.

Around here about all folks do is jump shoot woodies on creeks.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
In my teens thru my twenties, I duck and goose hunted 30 plus days a season. We’d pile up the Mallards, Widgeon, Teal, and geese to the point where our freezer should have sprouted wings.

I enjoyed eating a fat roasted mallard or goose a couple times a month. The problem became we had more ducks than we could eat just by oven roasting. We started breasting out our smaller ducks, then sauté them with different herbs and seasonings, including Teriyaki sauce and stir frying to change up the flavor.

All cooking methods produced good to decent table eats, but, eventually we’d tire on Donald Duck. Enter the smoker - We starting smoking duck breast, which was pretty good. That’s as far as we took it for ways to prepare duck.

I stopped serious duck hunting the last 20 years, but the past couple years I started getting a serious itch to start hunting them again.

I took it a step further by getting myself a duck boat last week. Ducks are gonna fall this winter, so I’m looking for some good ways to prepare duck, besides the ways I mentioned above.

What do you all got for turning a duck into some tasty food ?

🦫

PS

Some high priced restaurants have charged upwards of $60 bucks for a whole duck. Never ordered it, but I’ve heard Liberals say it’s amazing !??! Amazing, wtf am I missing ?

30 days a season? lol! Sing with me now: Mary had a little lamb, little lamb... wink Assuming you're actually going to nut up and follow through on your threat to join for sea duck/brant/coastal diver & puddle duck killing in December, you best bring your game face and at least a case of #2s. And a pacifier. I've got some giggles in store for you, softcockee! wink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We like to cut the meat off the breasts, cut it in strips, salt and pepper and a little Slap Ya Mama, roll it in flour and fry it in butter.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
In my teens thru my twenties, I duck and goose hunted 30 plus days a season

🦫

30 days a season? lol! Sing with me now: Mary had a little lamb, little lamb... wink Assuming you're actually going to nut up and follow through on your threat to join for sea duck/brant/coastal diver & puddle duck killing in December, you best bring your game face and at least a case of #2s. And a pacifier. I've got some giggles in store for you, softcockee! wink
🙄 ^ ^ ^

It’s always fun and extremely amusing to listen to a “Shootist” run his gums before a hunt. “I’ll give you the first couple birds to let you get warmed up on before I start busting wings”.....” I’ve been shooting this Ithaca model 37 pump forever (insert any Browning stack barrel here too) and I don’t miss”....”You better be quick with your shotgun - just saying”

I’ve heard these words and others said by guys thinking they can shoot. Big Emphasis on “Think”.

LMAO

🦫

“Molon Labe”
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Super simple. Breast and cook them with a pot of pinto beans. Delicious.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
223 members (257 mag, 2UP, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 24 invisible), 1,607 guests, and 892 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,923
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.