Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 37 of 77 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 76 77
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jeeper

11 days since I tested positive. Going retest this afternoon and fully expect to test negative and go back to work tomorrow. I am 56 years old and healthy. I had periods of low grade fever and 3 -4 days of bad headaches. I lost most of sense of smell and taste. Had a lot of sinus congestion and flow at times. I didn't have it in my chest must I see where that could be serious.

I fully believe this virus was man made and released by man. I believe people are dying from it and lots have died from it. I don't believe the numbers that have "supposedly " died from it. I don't believe shutting the country down was the right direction and I believe it should be individual choice to vax or not.

Hmm, I’ve had a headache for two days, light congestion and a little tired. I never get sick.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
BP-B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jeeper

11 days since I tested positive. Going retest this afternoon and fully expect to test negative and go back to work tomorrow. I am 56 years old and healthy. I had periods of low grade fever and 3 -4 days of bad headaches. I lost most of sense of smell and taste. Had a lot of sinus congestion and flow at times. I didn't have it in my chest must I see where that could be serious.

I fully believe this virus was man made and released by man. I believe people are dying from it and lots have died from it. I don't believe the numbers that have "supposedly " died from it. I don't believe shutting the country down was the right direction and I believe it should be individual choice to vax or not.

Jeeper, in the main I’d posit that most everyone here at The Campfire agrees with all that you’ve said but mandates for the vax are here and growing. The exemptions are less and less meaning a person will have to be regularly tested or quarantined before being allowed to go to work, jumping through hoops type stuff.

As you well pointed out,,,it ‘should’ be ‘ individual choice and it actually is when you come right down to it.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
The China flu came through the fishing fleet in Grand isle and Leeville at the end of June, beginning of July. It's gone now and nobody is worried about Covid-19 anymore. Even the 2 dopers with really bad COPD somehow miraculously survived. Just look around and think for a minute....how many people do I personally know that have died because of Covid-19 and not some other underlying health condition.

You're right to a point, but don't just dismiss these deaths as non-events. Covid killed, yes killed as in "filled up the lungs", of my step mother, my aunt, my first cousin, and at least three friends that all had other issues. It might be true that had they all been 30 and healthy, they would have survived, but they weren't and they are now dead. I know one thing for sure that had this stuff never escaped from Wuhan, China, all of them would be alive today. None of them were at death's door before the virus. What do you tell you're mom? "Hey, you're over 80 and have controlled diabetes so it sux to be you?"

You tell her to stay away from peoples and take precautions.
Basically to self quarantine, anyone with 'other' issues.
Which is what should have happened from the get go.

FJB & FJT
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Raeford
The China flu came through the fishing fleet in Grand isle and Leeville at the end of June, beginning of July. It's gone now and nobody is worried about Covid-19 anymore. Even the 2 dopers with really bad COPD somehow miraculously survived. Just look around and think for a minute....how many people do I personally know that have died because of Covid-19 and not some other underlying health condition.

You're right to a point, but don't just dismiss these deaths as non-events. Covid killed, yes killed as in "filled up the lungs", of my step mother, my aunt, my first cousin, and at least three friends that all had other issues. It might be true that had they all been 30 and healthy, they would have survived, but they weren't and they are now dead. I know one thing for sure that had this stuff never escaped from Wuhan, China, all of them would be alive today. None of them were at death's door before the virus. What do you tell you're mom? "Hey, you're over 80 and have controlled diabetes so it sux to be you?"

Might be hard to do for elderly in nursing homes, assisted living or retirement communities .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

You're right to a point, but don't just dismiss these deaths as non-events. Covid killed, yes killed as in "filled up the lungs", of my step mother, my aunt, my first cousin, and at least three friends that all had other issues. It might be true that had they all been 30 and healthy, they would have survived, but they weren't and they are now dead. I know one thing for sure that had this stuff never escaped from Wuhan, China, all of them would be alive today. None of them were at death's door before the virus. What do you tell your mom? "Hey, you're over 80 and have controlled diabetes so it sux to be you?"

Damn, Hat.
Very sorry to hear this, Man.

Thanks. It sux. OTOH, my immediate family skated through with no complications so far. My two life long best friends and their wives went to Vegas for a week (dumbasses) and all came home with it. One spent 7 days in the hospital and without treatment may have had a "bad" outcome. He's ok now. Rest of that crew did ok on the hydroxy. This is the oddity of this virus. Many have very mild symptoms, but if it gets you good, you have a problem.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

You're right to a point, but don't just dismiss these deaths as non-events. Covid killed, yes killed as in "filled up the lungs", of my step mother, my aunt, my first cousin, and at least three friends that all had other issues. It might be true that had they all been 30 and healthy, they would have survived, but they weren't and they are now dead. I know one thing for sure that had this stuff never escaped from Wuhan, China, all of them would be alive today. None of them were at death's door before the virus. What do you tell your mom? "Hey, you're over 80 and have controlled diabetes so it sux to be you?"

Damn, Hat.
Very sorry to hear this, Man.

Thanks. It sux. OTOH, my immediate family skated through with no complications so far. My two life long best friends and their wives went to Vegas for a week (dumbasses) and all came home with it. One spent 7 days in the hospital and without treatment may have had a "bad" outcome. He's ok now. Rest of that crew did ok on the hydroxy. This is the oddity of this virus. Many have very mild symptoms, but if it gets you good, you have a problem.

Tell knarley Old Hat ‘don’t let the old man in’ !

As if he needs telling !
Grins

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Hatari

Which is what should have happened from the get go.[/quote]

Might be hard to do for elderly in nursing homes, assisted living or retirement communities .[/quote]

Other than in Cuomo Land and a few other places most 'facilities' got a fairly good grip on things quickly and kept the Rona out.
Again: quarantine those that NEED to be, not the whole damned country!

FJB & FJT
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
A 38 yoa that works at a local prison with my nephew died 4 days ago. He was hospitalized with Covid and pneumonia. I don’t know anything else except he left a wife a 2 little girls. I’m sure complications from pneumonia is what caused his death, but 30 somethings don’t typically pass from pneumonia alone.

My co worker just told me her ex who is 34 yoa, passed away yesterday in a hospital in south La. he was initially hospitalized with a dx of Covid. Sorry I don’t have any other information to speculate about.

I live in a pretty small world, but how many of you all know someone personally that knows someone in their 30’s who passed in the last few days?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Hatari

Might be hard to do for elderly in nursing homes, assisted living or retirement communities .[/quote]

Other than in Cuomo Land and a few other places most 'facilities' got a fairly good grip on things quickly and kept the Rona out.
Again: quarantine those that NEED to be, not the whole damned country!
[/quote]

The fairly good grip on things ain’t working too well.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by overmax
A 38 yoa that works at a local prison with my nephew died 4 days ago. He was hospitalized with Covid and pneumonia. I don’t know anything else except he left a wife a 2 little girls. I’m sure complications from pneumonia is what caused his death, but 30 somethings don’t typically pass from pneumonia alone.

My co worker just told me her ex who is 34 yoa, passed away yesterday in a hospital in south La. he was initially hospitalized with a dx of Covid. Sorry I don’t have any other information to speculate about.

I live in a pretty small world, but how many of you all know someone personally that knows someone in their 30’s who passed in the last few days?

The article in today’s paper had much to say about Central Louisiana.
Front page and page 6A.

Hit the link that I just recently posted.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

It's amazing you've had time for anything but funerals!

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
"The fairly good grip on things ain’t working too well."

It has here in Virginia and 'most' other states as far as nursing/retirement facilities are concerned.

FJB & FJT
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

It has here in Virginia and 'most' other states as far as nursing/retirement facilities are concerned.

You reckon vaccinations of personnel had anything to do with that?

How, exactly, does one quarantine a person who needs daily care and assistance ? (Rhetorical question, Raeford).

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

^^
A drunkard, stay at home mr. mom who’s wife has to support the family calling anyone a “sheltered bitch” !! YO !

Fuggin hilarious !!

FISH CAMP!

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

How, exactly, does one quarantine a person who needs daily care and assistance ? (Rhetorical question, Raeford).

Now Old Coot thinks vaccines are solving the "pandemic" but at the same time won't get the vaccine.

Almost as though, you're full of fugking schit.

Because you are.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by deflave

Now Old Coot thinks vaccines are solving the "pandemic" but at the same time won't get the vaccine.

Almost as though, you're full of fugking schit.

Because you are.

You tell’em big momma.

Laffin at your pathetic drunkard ass !!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

For a year No ONE other than employees were allowed in in Virginia.This was pre-vaccine time[2020]

Employees were tested on a regular basis and wore masking that is actually effective.

The state had an issue in Richmond early in 2020 with nursing facilities but got a grip on it quickly and has had very, very few issues since.

Hence my stance since last summer: quarantine those that need quarantined.

FJB & FJT
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

For a year No ONE other than employees were allowed in in Virginia.This was pre-vaccine time[2020]

Employees were tested on a regular basis and wore masking that is actually effective.

The state had an issue in Richmond early in 2020 with nursing facilities but got a grip on it quickly and has had very, very few issues since.

Hence my stance since last summer: quarantine those that need quarantined.

If only all states had done that, Raeford.

You can trace the Louisiana toll by looking at the progression north and west from New Orleans after their Mardi Gras.

Immediately following that Mardi Gras The Louisiana War Veterans Home in LaPlace, Louisiana (just outside of New Orleans) lost 17 good men residents in rapid fire succession to covid in the first wave,

So much of that could have been prevented had folks listened to President Trump.

Y’all did things a helluva lot better than most.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

You tell’em big momma.

Laffin at your pathetic drunkard ass !!

It's not the first lie you've been caught in.

Give it a rest.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Pfizer's spokespuppets keep lowering that time frame before you need your booster.

Now it's down to five months. LOL

But don't worry, retards. This will be the LAST one. They promise.

LOL

Page 37 of 77 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 76 77

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
400 members (1lesfox, 300jimmy, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 40 invisible), 2,086 guests, and 920 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,594
Posts18,398,021
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.