Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by sambubba
Originally Posted by sambubba
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by luv2safari
My old hometown team is the Wylie / Abilene team that will play Michigan tomorrow. They destroyed Washington on Friday.
They have a little girl on the team that got 2 or 3 hits in that game. Scored a run also.

The level of play has been very good this year...many future MLB players in this crop.

Yep. Some amazing kids.

Greetings from a current Wylie/Abilene Texan. That girl on the team is amazing.

Yes she is. Seems pretty humble, too. Saw where FOX News did a story on her Friday.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldman03
My old hometown team is the Wylie / Abilene team that will play Michigan tomorrow. They destroyed Washington on Friday.
They have a little girl on the team that got 2 or 3 hits in that game. Scored a run also.

I lived in Abilene in the late 50's, started school there. Pulling for them and the Lafayette team. That pitcher for S.Dakota is something else.

Wylie was outside the Abilene City Limits when I was growing up there. Now it part of the City. But a separate School District.

We lived on Clinton St. in a rented house, then parents bought a house about a mile away on Clinton St. just down from the rodeo grounds. Left Abilene in '59.

Wow. One of my Great Grandmother’s lived on Clinton street down by that old Hardin Simmons Rodeo arena.

Sadly, that old Rodeo arena has been turned into a Soccer Field now.

I was born in the old Hospital just a few blocks from there in 1960.

Hendrick Medical?

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

I lived in Abilene in the late 50's, started school there. Pulling for them and the Lafayette team. That pitcher for S.Dakota is something else.

Wylie was outside the Abilene City Limits when I was growing up there. Now it part of the City. But a separate School District.

We lived on Clinton St. in a rented house, then parents bought a house about a mile away on Clinton St. just down from the rodeo grounds. Left Abilene in '59.

Wow. One of my Great Grandmother’s lived on Clinton street down by that old Hardin Simmons Rodeo arena.

Hendrick Medical?

That’s it.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I was born there in 1946.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Well dang, Wylie/ Abilene lost their game to Michigan today.

They can still win the World Series if they win out on all 5 of their next games in the Series. 😬

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I don't follow pro ball at all,but do enjoy watching the kids play.
There are some really talented players every year.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
We watch a bit of it, especially the South Dakota team. They have a couple of good pitchers and beat Oregon today. I like this level of play and am impressed with the teams. I am not impressed with the announcers and that field reporter who has to go talk to parents about nonsense while the game is being played.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Best baseball on television......For the love of the game!

Last edited by garddogg56; 08/23/21.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Hendrick Medical?

That’s it.

I was born in Hendrick Memorial Hospital on 151 Bryant St in Abilene, TX in 1965. Had my tonsils out there in 1970.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I coach a youth baseball team. We are just beginning the 12U fall season. Didn’t even know this was on TV (don’t watch much TV). Thanks for the heads up.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RIO7

ESPN 207 direct T.V. Not the last 2 teams. only baseball I watch, every year. Rio7

the only sport I enjoyed playing.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by luv2safari

The level of play has been very good this year...many future MLB players in this crop.

Yep. Some amazing kids.

The pitching this year is something else.

This made me crack up.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by stxhunter

the only sport I enjoyed playing.

For me as well.

CSB Offline
Interesting to watch. It would be nice if they concentrated more on the kids playing ball other then all the other junk they are showing.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Pulling for LA and SD here[and maybe a little TX].
Which team has the tiny kid that pitched the other day that does the shoulder and leg wiggle and the Kershaw one leg extended pause?
He had the batters mesmerized with that while throwing pitches in the 30-40 MPH range.

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by CSB
Interesting to watch. It would be nice if they concentrated more on the kids playing ball other then all the other junk they are showing.

I quit watching on Sunday when it was clear that all ESPN cared about was the MLB players coming.
They almost had me on the edge of my seat showing the buses coming down the road, almost.

FJB & FJT
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

They can still win the World Series if they win out on all 5 of their next games in the Series. 😬

Taylor Michigan is just under 40 miles from me.

Texas went up 5-0 after the delay and then the coach’s son for Michigan whacks a grand slam to be down only 5-4, then added 2 more runs to win 6-5.

I can’t figure out why the player's favorite actors are Adam Sadler and Kevin Hart. WTF.

Last edited by tpcollins; 08/24/21.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tpcollins

Texas went up 5-0 after the delay and then the coach’s son for Michigan whacks a grand slam to be down only 5-4, then added 2 more runs to win 6-5.

I can’t figure out why the player's favorite actors are Adam Sadler and Kevin Hart. WTF.

Yep. I saw the highlights. Tough loss. Too bad they didn’t call the game for rain. 😬

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by CSB

I quit watching on Sunday when it was clear that all ESPN cared about was the MLB players coming.
They almost had me on the edge of my seat showing the buses coming down the road, almost.

YEP

My nails were chewed and now my fingers are bloody stubs.

F U G G espssss-n

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tpcollins

Because they are 11-13yo boys who like funny movies?? Heck, this past summer I overheard a debate on if Adam Sandler or WIll Ferrel was the best actor ever before a game. I remember me and my friends being more into super hero/action movies at that age, but the comedies ring truer for the current generation.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

106 members (257_X_50, 338reddog, 808outdoors, AB2506, 19rabbit52, 338Rules, 12 invisible), 1,557 guests, and 1,035 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,718
Posts18,457,115
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.