Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Friend of mine just sold her Ford dually. Drove it for 6 years, had the dealership offer her a ridiculous price for it, so she took it.

She drove it a lot, but it was really just a status thing. She never hauled or did any work with it, so it was an easy decision.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wondering what prices will look like on all those 2021 models sitting around waiting for chips when the 2022 models come out in 6 weeks, assuming of course that they will be rolling out 2022 models.

Considering asking stupid money for my Duramax and, assuming it sells, rolling the dice on prices on 2021s being worth the trouble in a few months.

I have a truck I can run indefinitely while I wait .....

My biggest point of hesitancy really is not wanting to deal with DEF on a new diesel ...

Still, those stupid prices on used sure are tempting as a seller.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
My friend sold his 2010 Tundra yesterday with 268,000 and bottom of the bed rusted through in several places. Like six inch by eight inch holes and the frame not much better for $8500 in less than two hours. He left money on the table I think.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by dale06
Only if you don’t need to replace it.

This, exactly, in no uncertain terms.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by RickBin
Wondering what prices will look like on all those 2021 models sitting around waiting for chips when the 2022 models come out in 6 weeks, assuming of course that they will be rolling out 2022 models.

Considering asking stupid money for my Duramax and, assuming it sells, rolling the dice on prices on 2021s being worth the trouble in a few months.

My biggest point of hesitancy really is not wanting to deal with DEF on a new diesel ...

I would not let DEF alone stop you . My 2018 Ford 6.7 uses very little DEF and it’s cheap . I have added two of the small blue containers (Walmart’s) worth since last December .

Last edited by BobBrown; 08/24/21.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hastings
I could have driven my 2020GMC to Alaska this summer and sold it for more than it cost new on the lot.

My BIL works for the GMC dealership where I bought my 2020. He told me the other night they would offer me $5,000.00 more than I paid originally if I traded. I wasn't even tempted.

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

IIRC, you have a 2006 or 2007 Classic with the LBZ engine code Duramax that's lived it's entire live in SoCal. They're super desirable, tunable trucks, with known flaws that are easily prevented. It would bring good money, but you'll never be able to replace it. I have a 2007 Classic that needs brake and fuel lines from New England winters. I had. 2016 Duramax and then switched to Ford and bought a 2019 Powerstroke. The Ford is a better truck than GM's current offerings. Ask JackMountain about all the trouble he's had with his. My 07 Classic CCLB LBZ is still my all time favorite truck.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BobBrown

I would not let DEF alone stop you . My 2018 Ford 6.7 uses very little DEF and it’s cheap . I have added two of the small blue containers (Walmart’s) worth since last December .

My 2016 Duramax seemed like it needed DEF all the time. I got rid of it a few months ago with 44K miles. The 2019 Powerstroke is much better on DEF, but it's much better on everything. The 2019 (bought in Nov of 19) has 35K on it..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kingston

IIRC, you have a 2006 or 2007 Classic with the LBZ engine code Duramax that's lived it's entire live in SoCal. They're super desirable, tunable trucks, with known flaws that are easily prevented. It would bring good money, but you'll never be able to replace it. I have a 2007 Classic that needs brake and fuel lines from New England winters. I had. 2016 Duramax and then switched to Ford and bought a 2019 Powerstroke. The Ford is a better truck than GM's current offerings. Ask JackMountain about all the trouble he's had with his. My 07 Classic CCLB LBZ is still my all time favorite truck.

2003 LB7 SLT. 200k miles.

I was looking online and dealers that have trucks are tacking on $15K to MSRP.

$90K for a $75K truck ... add tax and license and you are at six figures.

Probably just gonna keep my ‘03. Runs like a raped ape and I can do injectors myself when needed.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

I have had diesels since 1985. Company trucks for my son and myself.

Had them all .

Had 2 Duramax until last week.

The best Diesel was a 2002 GMC Duramax , for power / mileage. I do not know how many diesels I have owned. Still have the '08 Duramax.

Bought a new F150. Sold the '06 Duramax crew -cab With 234K on it. Nice truck , prof. maintained in my shop. No regen- EGR removed. Sold for 16K .

I am done with diesels . 36 years and lotsa miles. The diesels no longer pencil out. I will not own a diesel that uses DEF.

The F150 -V8 -gets better mileage than any diesel I owned . Not the same towing / hauling capacity for sure ---- but suits our use.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yea, the 75k-100k injector life is the problem with LB7's . Are you running an AirDog lift pump filter water separator set up? I run one in my LBZ. I believe they were blaming the LB7 injector failure, at least in part on the original 10 micron filter spec, were as they went to 2 micron on the LLY's and up.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

sold my '14 Tacoma earlier this year

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Ford is the best truck in work trucks. Hands down
I love the massaging seats and 360 camera while in Reverse. I recently also found out while in CC it senses vehicles in front of you and reduces speed

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I love the massaging seats and 360 camera while in Reverse. I recently also found out while in CC it senses vehicles in front of you and reduces speed

That Dick Beacon you installed in your ass must have been exciting for you.

LOL

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yea, the 75k-100k injector life is the problem with LB7's . Are you running an AirDog lift pump filter water separator set up? I run one in my LBZ. I believe they were blaming the LB7 injector failure, at least in part on the original 10 micron filter spec, were as they went to 2 micron on the LLY's and up.

Yep. Have a Nicktane secondary AND and Airdog with CAT filters, plus an OilGuard bypass oil filter.

The new style injectors that seat a different way are said to be much better, but I filter the hell out of the fuel anyway, since I had all that stuff since early on. Might as well run it.

And actually, it’s not so much the life of the injectors that’s the issue with LB7s. My understanding is that they are all the same. It’s that the damned injectors are under the valve covers and require a whole lot more labor to get to.

I think I last did mine in 2016 and balance rates are still excellent so ...

I was just tantalized by the ridiculous prices I am seeing for used ... but they really get you on the purchase end so probably a fools errand to go new from a financial POV.

Gonna keep running this one I think. She has a lot of life left.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

The cameras in my 2019 XLT suck. They've got resolution circa 1998. The 360 view has helped me not run over the dogs though.

They offer adaptive cruise and regular cruise. You must have adaptive. I demoed adaptive cruise and was annoyed at how many menus I had to go through to turn it off. I didn't get it.

I also hate the seat in my 2019 F30XLT. The seat bottom doesn't sit close enough to level at max adjustment. It cuts the circulation off to my legs. I got a wedge pillow for it, but that screws up the rest of the ergos when interfacing with the seat back. I understand they changed this in 2020. I'm half tempted to sim up the rear mounts, to level the seat out.

My other gripe has to do with not being able to control the vehicle exit lighting. Whenever you touch the truck every light inside and out comes on and stays on for a few minutes. I'm told there's a black out mode for LE vehicles, but it can only be accessed with. Forescan.

An upside is the FORD doesn't have an OnStar equivalent that's constantly tracking you in real time like the GM trucks.

My SRW F350 Crew Cab Long Bed handles heavy trailers with ease. I pull a 16K GVW 36' GN cargo trailer, a 25k GVW 32' Diamond C, a 20K GVW GN 24' rack body w/ lift gate, and a 16k GVW tip top bumper pull.

I was just dipping my toe in the Super Duty pool and got a well optioned XLT off the lot. I figured, if I like the Ford, I'd order exactly what I wanted in 2020, then the Scamdemic happened and I'm still driving the XLT.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Yep. Have a Nicktane secondary AND and Airdog with CAT filters, plus an OilGuard bypass oil filter.

The new style injectors that seat a different way are said to be much better, but I filter the hell out of the fuel anyway, since I had all that stuff since early on. Might as well run it.

And actually, it’s not so much the life of the injectors that’s the issue with LB7s. My understanding is that they are all the same. It’s that the damned injectors are under the valve covers and require a whole lot more labor to get to.

I think I last did mine in 2016 and balance rates are still excellent so ...

I was just tantalized by the ridiculous prices I am seeing for used ... but they really get you on the purchase end so probably a fools errand to go new from a financial POV.

Gonna keep running this one I think. She has a lot of life left.

The early 2000's were the good old days of building these diesel trucks. It was a blast while it lasted!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sold my 2002 Tacoma a couple months ago. Had it parked for 4 years after I bought my 2017 Tacoma. Needed to do some clean up on it to get ready for sale, but I was in no hurry.

19 year old Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab SR5 (not the off road...no locker).
242k miles
Plenty of desert pinstriping
Had been off roaded hard, but cared for and kept up mechanically.
Dent and scrape where I backed into a tree at the rear bed.
Small dent and paint chip right front fender where someone backed into me.
Bed inside beat to chit.
Interior in reasonable, but 20 year condition.

Several years ago, I'd of been very happy with getting $8k out of it.

Listed for $11,500 a couple months ago, sold for $11k cash. Yeah, Toyotas hold their value, but anyone paying $11k for that truck was not thinking entirely clearly. And that was the second "sale" of the truck. The first one wanted it, I pulled the ad, but financing fell through on him due to miles on the truck. Re-listed a week later and it sold a week later. Had that deal fell through, I had a guy waiting to fly in from Denver to pick it up.

Crazy times. If you don't need it and can sell it, now is the time. If you need one and have to buy one, expect to get bent over.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I own two trucks and this one resides in north Idaho that I bought new in 1998. It is a 1999 and with just 115k miles and has been a pleasure to own and very off-road worthy.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by EdM
I own two trucks and this one resides in north Idaho that I bought new in 1998. It is a 1999 and with just 115k miles and has been a pleasure to own and very off-road worthy.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Love those old Nissan hard bodies.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

627 members (204guy, 160user, 12344mag, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 163bc, 55 invisible), 2,509 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,635
Posts18,455,246
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.