Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Was out of town for a bit. The county executive re-instated the mask mandate while I was gone. Signs up on every door. I will not comply. Seems a goodly number feel the same. Guessing 15%-20% non-compliant. People are fed up.

Last edited by prplbkrr; 08/24/21.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
BP-B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Good! Screw this crap. Haven’t had that happen here yet but I’m done wearing masks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's crazy!

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I won't be surprised a bit when the government starts locking up people that refuse their shots

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by prplbkrr
I will not comply.

Will you just stop going to stores that require masks? Ignore the signs and hope they look the other way?

IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Stickfight
I will not comply.

Will you just stop going to stores that require masks? Ignore the signs and hope they look the other way?

#1) No
#2) Yes. Nobody has said a word to me (or any one else, that I have seen ) for not covering up.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
C’mon over to Ohregone.

Herr Braun is going to try to make her minions wear masks outside starting Friday.

Fugging ugly-ass lesbo.

All Heil Herr Braun!

Phuque that schit;

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Um, she's Sturmfraulein Braun, I think?

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Was out of town for a bit. The county executive re-instated the mask mandate while I was gone. Signs up on every door. I will not comply. Seems a goodly number feel the same. Guessing 15%-20% non-compliant. People are fed up.
Should be 95% non-compliance... FWIW, I never complied with any of this BS right from the get-go...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I won't be surprised a bit when the government starts locking up people that refuse their shots

That's when it will be time to give them shots............at 3200fps.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Go the other direction.
Everyone you exchange goods services or money ask loudly " do you need to see my vaccination card?".

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I never complied during the mask mandates in my state except for my five year old daughters gymnastics class because it was important for her. Menards twice told me to put one on so I stopped going there and probably won’t go back. I had one mom and pop shop tell me to put one on I told them the same as Menards. No and walked out. The local supermarket/hardware store made it obvious that they were anti mask mandates and never said a word. Same for one of the local gas stations in which none of the employees had mask on. Other stores that I went to when absolutely necessary sometimes asked me if I needed a mask. I told them no thanks and was left alone.

Nobody should be compelled to wear a silly mask. We’re two years in with mask and vax and all of the BS. It’s a nasty cold it probably isn’t going away and neither are mask until people refuse to comply. Refuse to wear one if a store tells you you have to make a small seen and walk out and shop elsewhere.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hell yeah! Stick it to the man.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

With the start up of the new semester and the KY governor's face mask mandate for public schools a group of local school teachers and employees were discussing on Facebook where and what kind face masks they were wanting to buy. Their requirements -- stylish, color and pattern selection, light weight, not hot, easy to breath through... crazy

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/type-mask-wont-protect-covid-113449639.html

The use of face masks has been a part of daily life since the early days of the pandemic. Unfortunately, donning PPE has taken on a renewed importance ever since the highly transmissible Delta variant has become the dominant strain of the virus in the U.S., with some local health officials reviving mask mandates in public places. But covering up with just any type of mask doesn't necessarily mean you're safe: A new study has found that you may need to wear more than a basic cloth or surgical mask to protect yourself from COVID or stop you from spreading it to others.

RELATED: If You See This Inside Any Business Right Now, Leave Immediately, Experts Say.

The latest research on the matter, published in the journal Physics of Fluids on July 21, comes from the University of Waterloo in Canada. To test their effectiveness, a team of researchers simulated breathing using CPR mannequins in a large, unventilated room while wearing different types of masks, including three-ply cloth masks, surgical masks, N95 masks, and KN95 masks.

Results found that commonly worn cloth masks and basic surgical masks were only capable of filtering exhaled particles "at apparent efficiencies of only 12.4 percent and 9.8 percent, respectively." On the other hand, results also found that N95 and KN95 masks saw "substantially higher apparent filtration efficiencies" of 60 percent and 46 percent, respectively. This led the study's authors to conclude that the two premium masks "are still the recommended choice in mitigating airborne disease transmission indoors."

The team believes that the poor fit of most cloth and surgical masks is to blame for the major decrease in filtration capabilities. Photographic evidence from the study showed that spaces between the face and PPE allow particles to escape into the ambient air, most often redirecting particles out the top of the mask over where it touches the nose.

Ultimately, the research team concluded that a combination of improved ventilation systems and higher quality face masks could go a long way in slowing the spread of COVID-19. "There is no question it is beneficial to wear any face covering, both for protection in close proximity and at a distance in a room," Serhiy Yarusevych, PhD, a professor of mechanical and mechatronics engineering and the leader of the study, said in a statement. "However, there is a very serious difference in the effectiveness of different masks when it comes to controlling aerosols."

"A lot of this may seem like common sense," he admitted. "There is a reason, for instance, that medical practitioners wear N95 masks—they work much better. The novelty here is that we have provided solid numbers and rigorous analysis to support that assumption."

RELATED: Don't Eat Indoors If You Live Here—Even If You're Vaccinated, Virus Expert Warns.

The study comes after some top health experts have begun suggesting higher quality face masks during the surge of the Delta variant. During an interview with CNN on August 2, Michael Osterholm, PhD, epidemiologist and director of the University of Minnesota Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy, made the case that it was time for people to upgrade from the cloth masks, bandanas, and gators that do very little to protect against virus transmission.

"We need to talk about better masking," he argued. "We need to talk about N95 respirators, which would do a lot for both people who are not yet vaccinated or are not previously infected. Protecting them as well as keeping others who might become infected having been vaccinated from breathing out the virus."

RELATED: For more up-to-date information, sign up for our daily newsletter.

Osterholm wasn't the first expert to advocate for upgrading PPE. During an appearance on CBS' Face the Nation on July 25, Scott Gottlieb, MD, former Food&Drug Administration (FDA) commissioner, argued that on top of focusing on vaccinations, the right quality mask was necessary to protect against the virus. "I think, though, if you're going to consider wearing a mask, the quality of the mask does matter. So if you can get your hands on a KN95 mask or an N95 mask, that's going to afford you a lot more protection," he said.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
around here the schools mandate face masks

business have signs that say the CDC strongly suggests that people regardless of vaccination status wear masks indoors.

My work mandated masks so I stopped going to work. They are going with state by state mandates, not across the board. The management team has started holding meetings in states that don't have masks mandates.

Last edited by KFWA; 08/25/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had to take mom to the Dr. yesterday in Baton Rouge.First stop eat lunch no one told us to wear a mask.Went to 3 different stores i was confronted at 2 was told mask were required flashed my medical mask exemption card at the employee,lol they shut up and walked away.

From what i seen yesterday in Baton Rouge the majority are complying with the mask wearing.People like to bitch about wearing a mask but continue to comply to unlawful mandates.If everyone would throw there mask in the trash and refuse,what are they going to do.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
When it all started ...

first couple months I believed the CDC(I mean remember Italy and Spain on the news). my wife was even sewing masks for local businesses.
next 6 months or so I stopped believing and was wearing a mask locally to be polite to people I knew
now I don't wear a mask anywhere. I don't get confrontational. If they insist I leave, but to be honest I have not run into any real confrontation about it.

I have also radically changed my purchasing habits.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Hardly anyone wears a mask in most of the south.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Hope they don’t make us down here

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Does anyone know how the infection percentages compare between the Free and Communist States?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
118 members (338reddog, 10Glocks, 32_20fan, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 8 invisible), 1,464 guests, and 741 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,889
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.