Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
GB1

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It seems there might be just a touch more to the story...

Retired cat herder.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
With truckload rates up 26% since 2013 (following classic bull/bear moves) and LTL rates up 40% over the same time but in a much more linear fashion - transportation and supply chain are going to be issues in the future for everyone. FedEx does a lot of LTL work in and out of network.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Agreed ! They are contract drivers.
UPS so far / so good.
At least here anyway.
Under current circumstances, as good as it's going to get. mad

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Top 8 LTL providers have 60% of the revenue. It has a very high barrier to entry. Not likely to change.

Parcel - you're basically at UPS, USPS, and FedEx. Amazon could and likely will move into this space soon - to help provide more of an influence to get the other participants to be better. USPS won't ever compete - it's going to be Amazon, UPS and FedEx for parcel delivery. Maybe DHL comes back in a big way as e-com continues to grow.

Me

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
FedEx is the worst around here
They have delivered my packages to addresses blocks away from my home with totally unlike addresses and reported them delivered.
When I order anything from Sam's Club the packages look like they have been put threw a trash compactor.
Other packages just beat up a bit.
There has to be some kind of dispute going on between FedEx and Sam's Club for them to treat their packages the way they do.

If you have ever seen the systems that they build to sort and transfer packages you would understand how and why Packages are damaged in transit.
I have worked in several facility's over the years and I have personally seen how things work.
Not very good for Fragile and or improperly packed packages.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Right there with you!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
working for them ain't much better......

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yup
The thing I hate most about them is you never know when they are going to show up.
I can almost set my watch to the UPS guy walking through my door. FedEx can show up anytime but mainly about 1/2 hour before I close, or tomorrow.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've read a lot of internet complaints about FedEx & UPS but perhaps my area isn't as busy or overloaded as some localities, because I haven't had any problems (yet) with either one of them this year. There's always a first time, though.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Never had an issue with FedEx or UPS.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by funshooter
FedEx is the worst around here
And here....

They have delivered my packages to addresses blocks away from my home with totally unlike addresses and reported them delivered.
Which is EXACTLY why I posted above.. And can you get a human to talk to?? Bwahahahahahahhahahaa... HELL no - ONLY if yer the 'shipper'....

So, since what I ordered was time critical - AND IT AIN'T HERE - (somewhere around here, but NOT HERE) I had to drive 20+ miles to buy another item, wasted an hour to do so, and I'd bet my grandmother's shoes I'll not get a dime back from the seller (Walmart) - and yes, I know, never again...

EFF FEDEX FOREVER!!!!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have also had them "deliver" items to other addresses. Last week they claimed to have "attempted" to deliver a package to me, evidently when I wasm't home. After the one alleged try, they took the item to their Houston warehouse - 60 miles from my home - and told me I could "come and get it" - I did mot, because I had paid for "home delivery", and they - eventually - returned it to the sender. For the future I plan to specifically refuse Fed Ex delivery on anything I order.

Mike Holmes

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I spend several thousand a week on ups/FedEx overnights. They both have their issues. Logistics are messy. It's not worth getting worked up over.

The usps is a whole step above in levels of incompetence.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

692 members (10gaugemag, 117LBS, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 70 invisible), 2,846 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,155
Posts18,465,109
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.