Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Those that have and those that will.😊
When I started reloading with a Lyman kit I got for Christmas, at 16 in ‘66, I stuck the first 243 case I tried to resize. (🤬 bad words) Seems like I took the loading manual too seriously when it said, “don’t over lube the cases”. I took the die back to the little “hole in the wall” shop where my father bought the kit and the owner showed me how to take care of it. He sold me the kit at a discount. 😊

Later when I’d walk into his shop to buy some components, about half the time he’d stick something in the bag and say “here, try these” but not charge me. He was somewhat of a character with a personality that some would describe as “sour” but he was always congenial in my dealings with him.

Great story, kinda teared up. Thanks.

Old guy, old guns.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Labman95

You can make one yourself using a 3/8 drive socket as the spacer to fit over the back of the stuck case and die with the appropriate size drill bit nd a 1/4 x20 tap and bolt.

This, done it a few times, it works.

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
we all have stuck a case or 3 it happens , my self i started to lube 1 case at a time with Redding Reloader/sizer wax now i never have a problem and maybe my groups might be a little tighter too, because i wax and resize 1 case at a time ,just maybe its because i inspect each case a little better too at that time ? i have 2 areas to reload ammo also 1st at my home and the another area is at the house deer camp up north and i have stuck cartridge case kits at both places . good luck,Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Probably the worse for me was to charge up 100 cases only to realize I forgot to prime them. I call it the worse because it was flat out stupid and time consuming.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have a Hornady and a RCBS stuck case remover because I’m always in a hurry and f things up when it’s least opportune.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You are low intelligence.....so take every precaution.

Originally Posted by David_Walter
I have a Hornady and a RCBS stuck case remover because I’m always in a hurry and f things up when it’s least opportune.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have only stuck two cases in 30 plus years of reloading, both 270's. First one I took to a friend, the second one I built my own kit from internet tutorials.

Have since switched from the Hornady one shot lube to old school resizing lube with no more problems.

Arcus Venator
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
"Have you tried any of these? https://www.midwayusa.com/s?searchTerm=stuck+case+remover&perPage=48"

This is what I use also! Works like charm! No problems extracting a stuck casing with this tool!

CJ

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
"Have you tried any of these? https://www.midwayusa.com/s?searchTerm=stuck+case+remover&perPage=48"

This is what I use also! Works like charm! No problems extracting a stuck casing with this tool!

CJ

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Another vote for just send the thing back to RCBS. They'll fix it for free.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've stuck a few and this is my method.

Unscrew the deprimer/expander ball assembly and get it out of the way as much as possible
Drill and tap the base of the brass for a 1/4 20 bolt.
Screw in a long enough bolt that when I place the die on the top of my vise, the bolt hangs below the jaws
Adjust the jaws in as much as possible. You want the bottom of the dies resting on top of the jaws.
Clamp vise-grips around the shank of the bolt, just above the head of the bolt
Take a hammer and knock the hell out of the vise grips.... suck case will come out.

Readjust the deprimer rod and your back in business.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 1337Fungi, 55 invisible), 2,479 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,327
Posts18,468,536
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.