Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
How all these coonasses sposed to quarantine and lock down wit a hurrycane coming?

Good point, maybe chong flu blow your way.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mike70560
Looking like Cocodrie, Dulac, and Houma will endure the brunt of the storm. Lot of folks in the Houma area.

We are just far enough west at this point to be ok, maybe, as long as it does not turn west at all.

I wouldn't be breathing easy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is Biden gonna blow the levy like Bush did?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wouldn't like a hurricane....but I think I would like to watch one make its way to shore.

It's actually quite boring...intense, but boring. I've stayed through seven now and it seems like they will never end. It's the aftermath that separates the men from the boys.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
True story, I road out Katrina with my brother n law on a shrimpboat out of chalmette lousianna. When we got to shore in chalmette, it was about 3/4 gone. He quit shrimping and started driving trucks and became a drug addict.

This was about a year after I retired from the military

What a F-N pusta !

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 08/27/21.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Hope the fellow on the lake makes it ok.

Think you'll be far enough north to be ok?

We’ll have to see. There’s lots of area for the surge to dissipate before hitting me and if it does slam Morgan City the seawall will take the brunt. All the trees close to me are big live oaks and big 2nd growth cypress, like 3’ and larger at the stump, and both weather the winds well.

You gotta know these things will happen and know it before you drive the first nail or spend the first $ enjoying these beautiful places.

I’m really worried about that Ole Boy and he’s not sitting on pilings. I left him the key to my camp if he’s hammered too hard.

The only other folks staying and it’s quite a few, are up high on pilings and,,,,,they’re preparing and planning their ‘Hurricane Parties ‘, wouldn’t you know.

You folks watch out for those tornadoes spinning off. I’m thinking that you are about to get real busy being a first responder.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
True story, I road out Katrina with my brother n law on a shrimpboat out of chalmette lousianna. When we got to shore in chalmette, it was about 3/4 gone. He quit shrimping and started driving trucks and became a drug addict.

What a F-N pusta !

JL, for some reason a picture of Forrest Gump and Lt. Dan riding that storm out comes to mind !

Grins

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

What a F-N pusta !

JL, for some reason a picture of Forrest Gump and Lt. Dan riding that storm out comes to mind !

Grins

My Brother N Law is dumber than Forrest Gump and I didn’t have an axe to grind with God. He didn’t sell da boat, just left it.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 08/27/21.
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Looking like Cocodrie, Dulac, and Houma will endure the brunt of the storm. Lot of folks in the Houma area.

We are just far enough west at this point to be ok, maybe, as long as it does not turn west at all.

11:00pm Eastern time update has it making landfall another 20 or so miles to the east of the previous forecast and heading more northerly as opposed to NW.

At least I will sleep well tonight. Will see what tomorrow brings.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Its already washing up the floating [bleep] into Texas again

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
It’s amazing how quickly a group of people can stop sweating COVID.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
_
_B78_ Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
_
Coonasses dont really give narry a [bleep] about either the kung flu, blm, hurricanes. Its the Democrats in new orleans that have issues. A coonass is a republican. The only thing a coonass is worried about is the game warden…. and if they are kin you can scratch that off the list too.

_
_B78_ Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
_
Does it need a new home? Im feeling generous suddenly….

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

What a F-N pusta !

Grins

My Brother N Law is dumber than Forrest Gump and I didn’t have an axe to grind with God. He didn’t sell da boat, just left it.

Dang!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

11:00pm Eastern time update has it making landfall another 20 or so miles to the east of the previous forecast and heading more northerly as opposed to NW.

At least I will sleep well tonight. Will see what tomorrow brings.

Here's wishing you luck.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mike, if the storm goes in around Golden Meadow, that will help you, but you still better keep an eye on it.

Paul, looks like you're in the bullseye. Have you made up your mind to ride it out or leave?

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I wouldn't like a hurricane....but I think I would like to watch one make its way to shore.

I’ve only experienced them as weak tropical storms after they came inland.

The first thing different as you get into the outskirts is the steady breeze that doesn’t quit, like what you would get from an electric fan but everywhere. It feels distinct and ominous, heralding the approach of the storm. What you are experiencing is the outer edge of the humongous mass of air rotating around the eye. Air has mass and momentum to a degree most folks don’t realize.

Up above 100% overcast with the whole sky moving in unison, if you can see far enough you can make out the sky is moving in an arc relative to wherever the eye is The rain is heavy and is the warmest rain you ever felt.

All that air that rose in the hurricane has to come down, an it does, beyond the edges of the storm, becoming warm and dry as it descends with a chinook effect, if East Texas is getting hammered San Antonio can be unusually hot and dry.

One time there was a tropical storm passing to the west, it was clear and sunny where I was but on the western horizon you could see a mass of clouds all in motion. Basically, if you’ve seen the satellite images of a storm rotating around an eye, from the ground it looks like you would expect it to.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I’ve only experienced them as weak tropical storms after they came inland.

The first thing different as you get into the outskirts is the steady breeze that doesn’t quit, like what you would get from an electric fan but everywhere. It feels distinct and ominous, heralding the approach of the storm. What you are experiencing is the outer edge of the humongous mass of air rotating around the eye. Air has mass and momentum to a degree most folks don’t realize.

Up above 100% overcast with the whole sky moving in unison, if you can see far enough you can make out the sky is moving in an arc relative to wherever the eye is The rain is heavy and is the warmest rain you ever felt.

All that air that rose in the hurricane has to come down, an it does, beyond the edges of the storm, becoming warm and dry as it descends with a chinook effect, if East Texas is getting hammered San Antonio can be unusually hot and dry.

One time there was a tropical storm passing to the west, it was clear and sunny where I was but on the western horizon you could see a mass of clouds all in motion. Basically, if you’ve seen the satellite images of a storm rotating around an eye, from the ground it looks like you would expect it to.

To add to what Birdie said. There is an eerie feeling that cant be described. Birds disappear, cattle will stop feeding and herd up at the barn or in the woods, and all this a before the storms hits, a day or two earlier. The sky takes on a strange glow, before the complete cloud cover.

It's different!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

NOAAs forecasting is lagging with this one just like it did with Laura and Michael. I think this one will make Cat 5.

My sister in N. O. thought that this one was being underestimated when I spoke with her yesterday morning. It looks like you and she were closer to the mark than the "experts." My cousin the family bugout planner goofed, though. On Thursday she booked rooms in Houston. She probably had 4 other backup plans by yesterday afternoon.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

627 members (1234, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 19rabbit52, 69 invisible), 2,039 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,244
Posts18,447,933
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.