Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Slavek
Originally Posted by bwinters
Dumb question - what is a MIC holster?

It's a waste of $19. You can get ENTIRE holster like DeSantis Pegasus Slim-tuck for $22 with free shipping from Amazon. You can take off the belt loop to make it more comfortable in pocket with small pistol like G42/43.

Nope .

Rabid Creedmoorians ring my doorbell ...
as I open it a crack they speak :
"Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior , 6.5Creed?"
BP-B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Slavek is the dumbest piece of euro-trash to ever grace the campfire. Fact: every loaded pistol need to have the trigger covered. I use a Raven trigger guard attached to my recon kit bag and can perform a Bill Drill in < 3 seconds while jogging. This schidt is not hard if you are willing to put in the effort to prove for yourself what works and what doesn't. The HPG kitbag is one of the best pieces of gear I have used in many years.

I always carry my Glock and the kitbag works with or without a pack and is a must have for me.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
10mm not work on bear? I dont think HPG .makes one for a 105 mm cannon. I'm guessing the recent guys killing pissed off brown bears with 10mm is fake news. Regardless of what some say, I feel better with a 10mm than a can of people seasoning. The wind might blow a bit in Wyoming. I'd bet the deflection of my 220 hard cast was minimal at 10-20 feet. I'd rather depend on me than the fickleness of some spray, the wind, pressured gas to make it work, etc. I trust me better than a can......

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I really like my kit bag. It is just as fast as a chest holster and the gun is out of sight from others who may be uncomfortable seeing another hiker carrying a gun. I don't live in grizzly country, but black bear are common. I alternate between my G29 and a M&P 45 ACP compact. I have 200 gr DoubleTap hardcast for the 10mm and 255 gr Buffalo Bore hardcast for the 45. I like my chances.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Sweet setup. The kit bag has always been a very handy, comfortable way to carry my stuff. Especially when you’d rather keep things as discrete as possible while still being accessible. I’m a fan of the runners kit back for the slimmer profile. Which can be worn under a jacket also if need be. Finding the sweet spot for ripping the zippers open is the ticket and it sounds like you’ve worked on that. Carry your G20 with confidence. And enjoy. The gunfighters inc Kenai setup is also a nice addition to the gear pile. Take care,

Colt

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Slavek
A 10mm isn't powerful enough to stop large brown bear especially when the bear is angry. Best assume fetal position and pray. The HPG is kind of expensive way to carry first aid kit. Glock 20 needs one of them hip or thigh holsters commandos use for CQB.

Alaskans Stop Grizzly Bear Charge with Glock 10mm On Elmendorf-Richardson

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2019/10/al...m-on-elmendorf-richardson/#ixzz74suEM86N
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I am heading out in less than 48 hours for another trip, Hiking in Grizzly bear habitat is on the agenda again. I will be wearing my HPG recon bag and a 10mm. Leaving the .44 home this trip. I figure a primary load and a reload is likely sufficient.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I am heading out in less than 48 hours for another trip, Hiking in Grizzly bear habitat is on the agenda again. I will be wearing my HPG recon bag and a 10mm. Leaving the .44 home this trip. I figure a primary load and a reload is likely sufficient.

Nice. I may have to get one for my own 20SF. Looking them up right now.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
https://www.amazon.com/V3-SAR-Kit-Bag-Coyote/dp/B07QF9P9KW/ref=sr_1_18?dchild=1&keywords=HPG%2Brecon%2Bbag&link_code=qs&qid=1630199416&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-18&th=1

Is this what y'all are talking about and is this a decent price?

IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
EE.....
That's one version. I went with the Runner's Kitbag, but it got mounted to one of their Tarahumara packs. It's my woods bumming rig.

I'm going to grab another, but this time it'll be a recon.

https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/1/ProductID/5

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by NH K9
EE.....
That's one version. I went with the Runner's Kitbag, but it got mounted to one of their Tarahumara packs. It's my woods bumming rig.

I'm going to grab another, but this time it'll be a recon.

https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/1/ProductID/5
Thanks. The one graphic comparing all the different versions really explains things. That one is considerably cheaper than the Amazon price.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I have a recon bag and have carried it with a snub nose revolver, a Glock 20, and everything in-between. That’s the neat thing about it, it’s sh*t inside agnostic!

I also carry a folding knife, an extra mag, my phone, and my keys.

I hope most ignore the grizzly bear idiot comments and conversation. Carry a stout load and don’t think twice. End of that. If you’ve been charged by a grizz or brown bear, please raise your hand. I’ll bet not a half-dozen on here have besides me, and that includes the AK tribe have.

If you want to do something helpful, attach more of a grab-it strap to the zipper. Something where you can get a handful if you’re a bit excited.

Last edited by Akbob5; 08/28/21.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I am starting to think I may need one of these doo dads.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SAR version currently out of stock.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can you tell us where you got the elastic pouches on the front?

I need some of those.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

They really are as handy as it gets

Last edited by jmd025; 08/29/21.

Rabid Creedmoorians ring my doorbell ...
as I open it a crack they speak :
"Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior , 6.5Creed?"
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Can you tell us where you got the elastic pouches on the front?

I need some of those.

Blue Force Gear 10 Speed Pouches.

https://www.blueforcegear.com/gear/ten-speed.html

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In fairness,I've not seen a White or Brown Bear in 5 days,nor a Black one since 15 minutes ago. Hint.

Pass the GSI Kenai and if a Grock 20 is your bitch,simply stoke it with boolits that dig. I don't fret a mag swap when talking Grock,but in single stack,schit can/will/do get fhuqking UGLY. Hint.

At least you gals "get" to look at pictures,use your Imaginations and fhuqking Pretend...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your hearts.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ordered a few of the blue force pouches!!

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
697 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 11point, 160user, 117LBS, 12344mag, 81 invisible), 2,661 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,691
Posts18,399,843
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.