Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Picked up a NIB HK P30SK 9mm with all grip / back strap options, mag loader, three mags, and case at a great price. It is a Version 1 with Law Enforcement trigger Module. Very nice. It is a but chunky, but fits my hand well and handles like a full-size pistol. I can’t wait to shoot it.

Do any of you have experience with this pistol?

Expat

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No experience with one. Congrats.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
no, but I got a killer deal on a gen 4 Glock 23 last week in Lauderdale. Came with the box, all the papers, three magazines, the optional back straps and factory tritium sights. I had been looking for awhile, and am very pleased.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I never find anything but beat to hell junk at Pawn Shops. If I do run across anything nice it is grossly over priced. I rarely go in the Pawn Shops around here.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You found a great pistol. The LEM trigger is awesome, I like them much better than a traditional DA/SA/

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MOGC
I never find anything but beat to hell junk at Pawn Shops. If I do run across anything nice it is grossly over priced. I rarely go in the Pawn Shops around here.

My favorite LGS is an old Pawn Shop. Best selection of guns in town, and cheaper prices than the other Gun Stores.
Has a great Archery Section and an indoor Archery Range too.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

this is my experience also including gun shows

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Yeah, the pawn shop down the street knows how to price things, so there are no bargains to be found there. Lots of very nice stuff, but no bargains.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
My experience echoes yours...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
this is the 23 I found
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sam......

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The same place I found my HK has an unfired Glock 22 for a great price and a G19 in great shape for a very good price. They have a pristine Browning A5 Light 12 I’m tempted to go back and buy. They also have a pristine Browning T-Bolt .22 RF on the shelf.

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Belgian Light Twelves are, in my opinion, top of the heap for 12 gauge Auto Fives.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Nice find. Lol

Originally Posted by Mannlicher

this is the 23 I found
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Yeah, the pawn shop down the street knows how to price things, so there are no bargains to be found there. Lots of very nice stuff, but no bargains.

That stinks and is one of the reasons I've stopped frequenting one local pawn shop / gun shop. Guess they get enough brothas buying Dracos and blue and red AR's, and people buying $.85-1.00/rd ammo.

Moved on to some shops a little further away. Found Mannlicher a LNIB Gen 4 G23 last week at one of those.

One of the bigger pawn shops has a mask mandate. They're on the no-fly zone until they stop drinking the kool-aid.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Pawn shops are always worth visiting in my opinion. Even schitty ones.

You just never know what they're gonna have on any given day.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Pawn shops around here are bastions of heartache and loss, representing human desperation. I avoid them like the plague.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I lived in Arkansas, I bought a lot of guns from pawn shops. Now that I'm in Nevada, I have just given up on pawn shops. Their prices are just way out of line, so I just don't go into them anymore.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by GunGeek
When I lived in Arkansas, I bought a lot of guns from pawn shops. Now that I'm in Nevada, I have just given up on pawn shops. Their prices are just way out of line, so I just don't go into them anymore.

With the advent of the Internet, Pawn Shop owners have learned the real value of their inventory, and don't offer bargains anymore, for the most part, like they used to. When they want to know what to charge, they go to gunbroker and find out what they're selling for. Heck, half the time, they put all their inventory up for auction there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
With the advent of the Internet, Pawn Shop owners have learned the real value of their inventory, and don't offer bargains anymore, for the most part, like they used to. When they want to know what to charge, they go to gunbroker and find out what they're selling for. Heck, half the time, they put all their inventory up for auction there.
I'm not convinced. Around here, the prices are above what you'd expect to see online. They're just over-priced. But hey, if they're selling them at those prices, I guess more power to them.

And local gun dealers have the same option, yet most have very reasonable prices around here. Some even very good prices.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I used to hit the shops pretty regular until they started stocking junk and over priced junk.

Last edited by LouisB; 09/02/21.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
469 members (1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 43 invisible), 2,183 guests, and 1,002 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,160
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.