Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Nice bucks gents!

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here's my 2021 Buck. Shot him on the second day, 26 yards from a blind on a waterhole. Pretty buck, nice heavy 13" horns, black face - not a giant but just what I think of when I think of a nice Pronghorn. Pretty sure he will make P&Y, but I haven't got around to measuring him yet.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Same buck different pic in the Bowhunting forum.

Last edited by centershot; 09/03/21.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
centershot, that is a beautiful buck!

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
Figured I'd get things started for 2021 antelope - anybody else fill a tag yet??

Here is my Oregon buck.

I didn't get near enough time to scout this year and this was a 2nd season tag in not a top end unit so I'm pretty happy. Not a huge buck, hard to tell but good height but not much mass. But he was in a good spot to pack out and decided not to run when I spotted him with a smaller buck so that was that smile

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Great buck Frank!

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Thanks Andy - it certainly was weird hunting antelope in the trees.

Congrats to all that have posted - keep the pictures coming antelope are always fun stuff to hunt!

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
IC B2

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

2021 NM Pronghorn

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Godogs - congrats that is a nice looking buck. And will be good eating for sure!!

If you don't mind sharing what bullet did you use?? I shot mine with a 120 BT out of my 7MM-08, and it did do a number on that antelope, a little more damage than I wanted since I really like eating antelopes:)

I shot him with my 1957 model 70, 270 Winchester. I even hate to say this because it will invariably turn into a giant pissing match, but I opened the door so to speak. I was shooting 140 grain VLD's. This model 70 is a particular rifle in that she only likes VLD's. Hates Noslers, Sierra's, TTSX's....despises them. VLD's? under a quarter inch at 100 yards 4 shot groups every time. For the statisticians, who, like me, don't place any validity on a statistical sample of one, I've shot over 50 head with this bullet. I have yet to have one drop right there....I have yet to have a single blood trail and I've lost two nice bucks from it blowing up on the shoulder (video'd). I'm sure the VLD crowd will try their best to flame me and I understand that.....that's how guys play here sometimes. Yet this rifle loves em so I keep giving them a chance.

He's dead. So the logical question to me will be "So how did it fail Mr. Bigshot?" My shot was 300-310 yards, icepicking the lungs. He ran, oh, about one hundred yards or so and did the little "circle and drop" thing with our son videoing it. He then got up and ran a few yards more and fell for good. When we got up to him he was still very much alive. The guide agreed with me that just a few seconds more and he'd be gone. Unfortunately that was not the case. I hate to see an animal suffer and my gun was back at the truck.....got to go back to the truck and finish the job. The guide grabbed his horns first and all hell broke loose. By that time I had gotten back with my rifle. We were looking at the buck saying "I'm not believing this....he's still kicking." I chamber a round and 2-3 minutes later he was still alive, with me then putting him down. I don't like that one bit....I should have immediately put him down but we were just not believing what we were seeing.

Some folks like VLD's and if you do, I'm your biggest fan. Sorry for being so wordy.....

I have a pre64 in a 270 Winchester and that thing shoots 150 Speers boat tails very well. I got 150 Sierra’s to shoot in it but it took some messing with the overall length. It will not shoot 150 nosler and 150 hornady’s. It has shown promise with 140 tsx boat tails.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fine critters men! 👍👍

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by ggarcia85

2021 NM Pronghorn

Stud
Beautiful cutters!

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Hell of a goat! New Mexico grows some whoppers.

RS

Last edited by RipSnort; 09/04/21.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good job guys.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Wyoming was good to us this year. Had some crazy weather but we made the best of it. First antelope for my two oldest kids. We’ll keep building points for buck tags

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nimrod1949
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Wyoming was good to us this year. Had some crazy weather but we made the best of it. First antelope for my two oldest kids. We’ll keep building points for buck tags

Congrats to you and the family - great to see some more antelope posted!

"Team 7MM-08"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Wife's 1st antelope. CO unit 201 muzzleloading; 21 points. Great hunt with respect to seeing a lot of antelope, really nice elk, deer, aspens, and little human pressure. This was a typical buck for the area. I scouted hard for 4 days before the season and maybe saw a couple other antelope that were noticeably larger through binoculars but for the most part, this is what you saw keeping does.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Centennial; 09/25/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice buck. Congrats to both of you. Good shooting Mrs. Centennial! Any details on the stalk and range?

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I wish i had some exciting story (which i do for the ones that she chose not to shoot) but in this case, it turned out to be a gift of sorts.

Range was 65ish yards. The terrain was hilly and as we drove around a hill, there they were maybe at a100yards. The does were nervous when they saw us so the buck had to divide his attention with keeping them corralled and the other bucks at bay; lots of running and dodging. By the time she decided she would try for this one, got out of the truck, grabbed the shooting sticks, put a cap on, and started walking, the does trotted over the hill out of sight. I thought we would drive around the other side so i called her back and then a doe came running back to our side of the hill with the buck right behind her. Seeing us she stopped and so did he...BOOOM!

She is a lefty and her 54 kind of kicks with the load it likes (curved steel and set up for elk). I wanted her shooting a lot this summer so I borrowed the inline .50 from my brother. Load was 80g Pyrodex RS Select and 245g PowerBelt. The PowerBelt hit a rib and split into numerous pieces; nothing exited. Im a TC/Lyman Maxi user so this performance kind of surprised me. Antelope aren't thick and i was hoping for a pass through. Live and learn.

I rough scored it and it came out to 70. I say that as a gauge because this was a fairly typical buck in CO unit 201 should anyone decide they want to hunt there. It's a very, very fun hunt with a muzzleloader. In two days she had a dozen bucks within 120 yards; one i thought was a little nicer. Best part is only 5 lrs are issued each year and that covers 3 units (1, 2, 201).

Pic gives some idea of the terrain.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/16467570/201

Last edited by Centennial; 09/25/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Only doe tags for me this year.
Savage 110 25-06 w/ CO Redfield 4-12
Horn 117 SST, 59gr Ramshot Magnum, OAL 3.175"
344 yards. Thru the ribs, lungs and liver

Attached Images
Antelope 2021 small.jpg (55.82 KB, 477 downloads)

Some is Good---More is Better----Too Much is Just Right
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
[Linked Image]

Wyoming Red Desert, 2021.

No task is half-a$$ed more than the spelling of Creedmoor...
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hendricks
[Linked Image]

Really a nice buck congrats! Excellent picture as well, really shows how nice a buck that is.

"Team 7MM-08"
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H

Really a nice buck congrats! Excellent picture as well, really shows how nice a buck that is

Thank you! It was certainly a unique hunt. More like window shopping. I looked over, without exaggeration, a few hundred bucks before I got wore out and decided to pull the trigger. Very little hunting pressure, and a lot of very bold, rutty bucks.

A few hours before the biologist told me not to not be so picky as they have had extreme drought. This ended up being the biggest buck through the check station so far, although he suspected some locals would bring in some booners. I'm more than happy with him though.

No task is half-a$$ed more than the spelling of Creedmoor...
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 67 invisible), 2,364 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,656
Posts18,455,584
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.