Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I heard Tylenol, aspirin, and ibuprofen in large doses can fry your liver and/or kidneys. So please don't use them!! laugh

Last edited by MickeyD; 08/31/21.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by battue
An example of metabolism and bioavailability not being equated across species...

PRECAUTIONS: Ivermectin Paste has been formulated specifically for use in horses only. This
product should not be used in other animal species as severe adverse reactions, including fatalities in
dogs, may result

Lawyers put things like that on labels. It's pretty standard. All you need to know is the ingredients.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by killerv
Originally Posted by jwp475

"The Food and Drug Administration warned that ivermectin in large doses can cause side effects including “skin rash, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain, facial or limb swelling, neurologic adverse events, sudden drop in blood pressure, severe skin rash potentially requiring hospitalization and liver injury.”

now if the FDA will just issue a warning of all the side effects of the shots....

Here you go....

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/research/publications/index.html

Ohhh stop it!

Garbage.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
The 3 (out of 5) of us that took Ivermectin immediately upon feeling symptomatic and then once each day for 5 days thereafter had SIGNIFICANTLY reduced symptoms as compared to the 2 that didn’t take Ivermectin. I know that it’s a very small sample but that is the only sample that I was concerned with. Based upon the fact that we had no adverse side effects from Ivermectin and it seemed to reduce the symptoms for those of us that used it I would not hesitate to use it again. I would definitely prefer that it was available OTC in “human form” but since our FDA is in bed with big Pharma and there’s no money in cheap, effective medications we’re left with 2 choices….don’t take it because it doesn’t carry the blessing of Pharma and the FDA or take it and possibly see a significant reduction of the symptoms of C-19. I don’t see what there is to lose…..assuming one is intelligent enough to take the appropriate amount (dose+frequency) there is no downside. We each must make the best decision for us and that often means not just thinking “outside the box” but acting outside the box. My distrust of our government, big Pharma, Fauci, etc is so strong that their recommendations are virtually worthless to me.

Bingo!

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
The 3 (out of 5) of us that took Ivermectin immediately upon feeling symptomatic and then once each day for 5 days thereafter had SIGNIFICANTLY reduced symptoms as compared to the 2 that didn’t take Ivermectin. I know that it’s a very small sample but that is the only sample that I was concerned with. Based upon the fact that we had no adverse side effects from Ivermectin and it seemed to reduce the symptoms for those of us that used it I would not hesitate to use it again. I would definitely prefer that it was available OTC in “human form” but since our FDA is in bed with big Pharma and there’s no money in cheap, effective medications we’re left with 2 choices….don’t take it because it doesn’t carry the blessing of Pharma and the FDA or take it and possibly see a significant reduction of the symptoms of C-19. I don’t see what there is to lose…..assuming one is intelligent enough to take the appropriate amount (dose+frequency) there is no downside. We each must make the best decision for us and that often means not just thinking “outside the box” but acting outside the box. My distrust of our government, big Pharma, Fauci, etc is so strong that their recommendations are virtually worthless to me.

Small sample, but frequently related. Almost as if there’s a pattern.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Appreciate battue’s perspective.

I suspect the inert ingredients are better than the inert plastic of intubation.

IMHO.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
As for the carrier I had no problems with Duvet or Bimectin.

The injection stuff is so much less nasty. Not spermy at all.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JeffP

"The Food and Drug Administration warned that ivermectin in large doses can cause side effects including “skin rash, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain, facial or limb swelling, neurologic adverse events, sudden drop in blood pressure, severe skin rash potentially requiring hospitalization and liver injury.”

now if the FDA will just issue a warning of all the side effects of the shots....

Drop the mic and walk away
Boom.......

Haha. Yeah.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Bingo!

No kidding.

Print that paragraph on billboards.

I have been taking a weekly dose as a preventive measure for weeks now.

My ballz have not turned green.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Safe to use, but, a guy doesn't need to do a 'twice yearly' deworming dosage on a daily basis as a Co19 preventative measure!

Correct...ivermectin is a relatively safe drug.....However daily use has no verification,,,,Big Pharma by the way, distributes million of doses yearly to impoverished countries free of charge...Dem pricks...

However, facts are humans sucking down a concentrated horse paste has potential issues with regards dosage and inert ingredients contained in the paste. Those ingredients may or may not alter bioavailability in humans....making it plus or minus potent....Those ingredients may or may not interact adversely with other human diseases or blood chemical imbalances. None know....because human studies are based on standard formulations of tablets or liquid.

Odd that some think they are being guinea pigs with the vaccine....but readily advocate others should glub down a medication fromulated for horses.

Covid, the vaccine and ivermectin have been an interesting look into the how people react....

Dosage is not a problem the plunger is marked in 50 pound increments. But the carrier may not be something used or tested on humans.
Ivermectin is ivermectin

I pretty certain the carrier in the 1% sterile is simply propylene glycol.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
As long as it doesn't cause limp dick, people here will take it laugh

Chortle!

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I find the durvet apple stuff is down right tasty.

I spend all my money on loose women and trapping supplies.....The rest I just waste.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
Safe to use, but, a guy doesn't need to do a 'twice yearly' deworming dosage on a daily basis as a Co19 preventative measure!

Correct...ivermectin is a relatively safe drug.....However daily use has no verification,,,,Big Pharma by the way, distributes million of doses yearly to impoverished countries free of charge...Dem pricks...

However, facts are humans sucking down a concentrated horse paste has potential issues with regards dosage and inert ingredients contained in the paste. Those ingredients may or may not alter bioavailability in humans....making it plus or minus potent....Those ingredients may or mayl not interact adversely with other human diseases or blood chemical imbalances. None know....because human studies are based on standard formulations of tablets or liquid.

Odd that some think they are being guinea pigs with the vaccine....but readily advocate others should glub down a medication fromulated for horses.

Covid, the vaccine and ivermectin have been an interesting look into the how people react....

Dosage is not a problem the plunger is marked in 50 pound increments. But the carrier may not be something used or tested on humans.
Ivermectin is ivermectin

I pretty certain the carrier in the 1% sterile is simply propylene glycol.

Like grandpa said, "anything in moderation." LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadTrapper375
I find the durvet apple stuff is down right tasty.

Smoothie base worthy.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
An example of metabolism and bioavailability not being equated across species...

PRECAUTIONS: Ivermectin Paste has been formulated specifically for use in horses only. This
product should not be used in other animal species as severe adverse reactions, including fatalities in
dogs, may result

Lawyers put things like that on labels. It's pretty standard. All you need to know is the ingredients.

The Vets disagree:

“Additionally, certain dogs are genetically hypersensitive to the medication. In these dogs, ivermectin can pass directly to the brain and be toxic or even lethal. Sensitivity to the drug can also be seen in dogs or puppies that have overdosed on a similar medication in the past.

A genetic sensitivity to ivermectin can be seen in several breeds, but is more commonly seen in the following breeds:

Collie
Old English sheepdog
Shetland sheepdog (Sheltie)
Australian shepherd
German shepherd
Longhaired whippet
Silken windhound
Border collie
Dogs of mixed breeds that include herding breeds
This genetic sensitivity is due to a mutation in what is called the MDR1 gene. This mutant gene may make the dog more sensitive to several other medications as well. Not all individual dogs in the breeds listed above carry the mutant gene. The only way to know if an individual dog has the mutant MDR1 gene is through testing. To do the test, cells are scraped from the inside of the dog’s cheek and sent to a laboratory for genetic testing. Talk to your veterinarian if you are interested in having your dog tested.”

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why are we talking about dogs?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Man's best friend? Duhhh.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

You mean like turning people into magnets?

Alex Jones is way ahead of the FDA.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Metan
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Possible metabolism and bioavailability differences across species.. horses vs humans

In this case it doesn’t seem to be a short term issue…

Last edited by battue; 08/31/21.

laissez les bons temps rouler
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

dogs, may result

The Vets disagree:

“Additionally, certain dogs are genetically hypersensitive to the medication. In these dogs, ivermectin can pass directly to the brain and be toxic or even lethal. Sensitivity to the drug can also be seen in dogs or puppies that have overdosed on a similar medication in the past.

A genetic sensitivity to ivermectin can be seen in several breeds, but is more commonly seen in the following breeds:

Collie
Old English sheepdog
Shetland sheepdog (Sheltie)
Australian shepherd
German shepherd
Longhaired whippet
Silken windhound
Border collie
Dogs of mixed breeds that include herding breeds
This genetic sensitivity is due to a mutation in what is called the MDR1 gene. This mutant gene may make the dog more sensitive to several other medications as well. Not all individual dogs in the breeds listed above carry the mutant gene. The only way to know if an individual dog has the mutant MDR1 gene is through testing. To do the test, cells are scraped from the inside of the dog’s cheek and sent to a laboratory for genetic testing. Talk to your veterinarian if you are interested in having your dog tested.”

Vet taught us in one of the classes I took in college to be careful with horse wormer and not give it to the dog because it could kill them stone dead. Pretty sure it was ivermectin he was talking about, but it's been a long time ago now.

MAGA
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (10ring1, 160user, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,680 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,216
Posts18,466,338
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.