Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Since Leupold doesn't repair older scopes and their "warranty" is now giving you a currant scope it seems there's an opportunity for a company to repair the older scopes. My BIL sent a scope for repair and it came back full of water. Leupold gave him another scope instead of fixing the one he had. The replacement was sold since he had no use for it.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Optical Services Co
Cheryl Ackerman
www.targetshooteroptics.com

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Dave, I don't know if Iron Sight repairs Leupolds, but you could give them a call and ask.

They do excellent work, but downside is you can't be in a hurry to get it back, usually about 4 months or so.

I can tell you they do excellent work on the old school Denver Redfields, They have done 2 of them for me and I just got one back from them last week (waited 5 months for it), a Low Pro Widefield 2X7 that they rebuilt for me and I had them change the reticle to a Post and/Crosshair. They did a great job on it.

Iron Sight Scope Repair

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Iron Sight website doesn't list Leupold, but do call them.

I just got an old Mossberg scope one back from them took 3 months and a week, they have a Lyman that I am waiting on.

They do fine work

Last edited by Muffin; 08/31/21.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I saved the link if I ever come across the rare Bosch & Lamb scope that needs repair.

IC B2

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Since Leupold doesn't repair older scopes and their "warranty" is now giving you a currant scope it seems there's an opportunity for a company to repair the older scopes. My BIL sent a scope for repair and it came back full of water. Leupold gave him another scope instead of fixing the one he had. The replacement was sold since he had no use for it.

I am not sure what you mean by old. They just repaired my VX-3 which was made in 2003. It took about a month and I got the scope back as good as new. I submitted in on-line and there were no issues. I could not be happier with them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Are you sure that's not a VX-III? I can't really remember when the Vari-X lines went away, but when they did it became VX-III. Not VX-3.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Is this a new Leupold policy? In 2016 I sent in a fixed 4x from 1976 and they did an outstanding job of rebuilding it.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
All depends on the model. Sent in an LPS with a stiff power selector. They said parts were gone but their replacement was double the value, so no complaints

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by drover
Optical Services Co
Cheryl Ackerman
www.targetshooteroptics.com

drover

Looks like a place to get Leupold reticles changed since Leupold isn't doing it any more (at least not at this time).

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

457 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 35 invisible), 2,277 guests, and 1,035 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,831
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.