Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
I've owned about a dozen Marlins and never jammed one to the point of it being stuck. I did have to clear a 336 for a friend last year, though. He had that thing jammed tight.

I've mostly moved on to Savage 99s for my levers now though, dumped all the Marlins I had left to make room.

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
It’s not a jam, it’s an unexplained locking of the lever than comes and goes inexplicably.

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
I thought you were referring to the habit they have of jamming up if you short stroke them.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Nope, I’m talking about the habit they have of randomly locking up with no explanation.

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Oh, I've never encountered that issue.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
It’s real.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by barm
The guns we will be making in shipping in the fourth quarter will be parts and materials that we’ve made in the line, not things that we inherited or picked up in the sale.

Sounds like we can look forward to the new, cast, bulky and heavy as [bleep] 336 laugh

Last edited by Llama_Bob; 09/28/21.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
Originally Posted by barm
The guns we will be making in shipping in the fourth quarter will be parts and materials that we’ve made in the line, not things that we inherited or picked up in the sale.

Sounds like we can look forward to the new, cast, bulky and heavy as [bleep] 336 laugh

Now, what makes you say that?

DF

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Im hearing the first SBL will hit in Dec, pistol caliber levers will follow in 1st quarter

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Now, what makes you say that?

DF

The sale included millions of dollars in parts inventory. The only reason not to use at least the bulk of those parts, and instead do a re-design as the article talks about, is to "Rugerize" the gun with the drop in strength that goes with voids in cast parts and the associated increases in dimensions and weight to make up for it.

I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt I am.

IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Pine Tree castings are as strong as milled steel, some say stronger. I doubt they have voids, etc. I wouldn’t presume to judge Ruger, not until they roll out their new Marlins.

DF

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Pine Tree castings are as strong as milled steel, some say stronger.

Well then you're welcome to buy them. There's a reason JM Marlins have doubled in the last couple years, but you do you laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yeah, they haven't made them in a long while....gonna become more valuable.

I have JMs, Remlins and will have Ruger Marlins asap.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
It will be interesting to see if Ruger incorporates their investment casting technology for their version of the Marlin. Bet they do.

And, it wouldn’t surprise me if they didn’t address some of the quirks found in some Marlins. Ruger engineers are pretty good.

I look forward to the roll out.

DF

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
It will be interesting to see if Ruger incorporates their investment casting technology for their version of the Marlin. Bet they do.

And, it wouldn’t surprise me if they didn’t address some of the quirks found in some Marlins. Ruger engineers are pretty good.

DF
Doesn't matter how good their engineers are when their execution and quality control absolutely sucks. I've seen more non functional abortions come out of Ruger boxes than any other major American firearm manufacturer. If anybody can fugg up a Marlin, it's Ruger.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Blackheart

DF
Doesn't matter how good their engineers are when their execution and quality control absolutely sucks. I've seen more non functional abortions come out of Ruger boxes than any other major American firearm manufacturer. If anybody can fugg up a Marlin, it's Ruger.

Well, not my experience.

But, like Leupold, they'll fix'em.

DF

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Blackheart

DF

Well, not my experience.

But, like Leupold, they'll fix'em.

DF
We sent back more Rugers when I worked in the gun shop than any other brand. They'll fix them when they can. Sometimes they're fugged beyond easy/reasonable repair and in that case Ruger will choose to replace.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

DF

What are the "quirks" You speak of ? I only have sample of three with the youngest made in 1977 but there's no "quirks" with them.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by jeeper

DF

What are the "quirks" You speak of ? I only have sample of three with the youngest made in 1977 but there's no "quirks" with them.

My Marlins work great, no quirks.

Google the Dreaded Marlin Jam. That can be a quirk, especially if and when it happens to you.

I'm thinking Ruger engineers may address that. We'll see.

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The problems I’ve had or seen with Ruger:
The stock’s comb are to low for use with a scope. (Number 1 bitch!)
Accuracy isn’t all that great with all but one Ruger rifle I’ve owned. However a have a Ruger Super Black Hawk 44 Magnum that is the most accurate pistol I’ve ever owned. But I’ve owned over a dozen Ruger revolvers that have gone down the road.
My brother had a Ruger Super Red Hawk that had a barrel on it that would have been better on a 45 Colt, it was that much over bore.
The sights on the Ruger revolvers are crude, that is if you’re into shooting at steel targets one click will bring the POI from below the target to over the target.
My pet peeve with Ruger’s trigger is the cursed “accu-trigger” - of course they are not the only manufacturer that uses that damned trigger.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (11point, 160user, 10ring1, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 69 invisible), 2,747 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,334
Posts18,468,644
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.