Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
I have a Ruger Flattoop, stainless 4-5/8" 45 Colt/45 ACP convertible model # 05243 I was at a small gun show this weekend, priced at $ 950. Didn't sell but I was surprised that at least 4 different people walked by and commented that was a good price. I believe I bought this as unfired. I know that Ruger shoots them at the factory but it doesn't appear to have been fired anymore than that. Comes with the box and paperwork, both cylinders, lock, etc. Has the white Ruger grips. I can't find one for sale on the internet so it's hard to know for sure. Anyone have an idea of the current value? It's sat in my safe long enough. Actually forgot I had it.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Is that the flat-top model? I would bet its worth $750-850.

Ken
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Sorry, yes it is, I'll make that correction.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
$750 range in my opinion

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Going by recent sales on gunbroker it could easily be worth over $1,000 but prices are quite varied.

Search for completed auctions "ruger flattop": https://www.gunbroker.com/Pistols/s...Price=9999.99&Sort=5&PageSize=96
"Ruger Flat Top" : https://www.gunbroker.com/Pistols/s...Price=9999.99&Sort=5&PageSize=96

A new blued 357/9mm went for $1,175 but a used one in the box went for $792.
A new SS 357/9mm went for $1,301.
A new SS 45 Colt/45 ACP went for $1,075.
A used SS 45 Colt/45 ACP went for $1,105.

Plus the buyers were willing to pay shipping and sales tax on top of those prices.

You know as well as anybody it really depends on the vagaries of the buyers. Folks might recognize a good deal but not want that particular model or not have the money - or these days not have any ammo to shoot in it. That seems to be what's holding back a lot of handgun sales even more than the current market. I have a SS Flattop .357/9mm, also bought as "unfired" that I'm going to put on the table at the upcoming Nampa show. Had originally thought to price it to sell at a good $100 below what you were asking but after doing a bit more research that's going to be revised upwards. Maybe throw in a box of 9mm factory ammo for another $50. wink

Much prefer to sell it in person instead of shipping but looking at those prices for .357/9mm convertibles on gunbroker it might be worth it.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
I may have to try the Nampa show again. I've gotten fed up with the Lewis and Clark folks. They only think about themselves. I hate when there's something else going on and ties up the parking lot (typically) or they arbitrarily decide to move the show to the horse barn, or whatever. Now they try to get away with putting people up stairs. Last show I was at everybody up stairs left, because most people were in too big a hurry to get to the floor. The show I was at was at Caldwell, (Amereaux's deal) they advertised over 200 tables and got maybe 100, and a big share of those had no guns at all. I plan on doing the Marsing show which is small but get's a good turn out. I've got friends coming into town on the days of the Nampa show so that may not work out. Hope you have a good show.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Leanwolf warned me about them putting folks up on the mezzanine level, I'm going to call today or tomorrow and make sure I get a table on the floor. Or my money back.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
I have a Ruger Flattoop, stainless 4-5/8" 45 Colt/45 ACP convertible model # 05243 I was at a small gun show this weekend, priced at $ 950. Didn't sell but I was surprised that at least 4 different people walked by and commented that was a good price. I believe I bought this as unfired. I know that Ruger shoots them at the factory but it doesn't appear to have been fired anymore than that. Comes with the box and paperwork, both cylinders, lock, etc. Has the white Ruger grips. I can't find one for sale on the internet so it's hard to know for sure. Anyone have an idea of the current value? It's sat in my safe long enough. Actually forgot I had it.

Real value is $675+/-25. This is a price at which this gun would actually sell instead of being a "table dressing".

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hang tough on the $950 or be ready to lower it a hundred if you really want to move it badly. I don't think you're far off on the price. Pay no attention to the Euro Chick wannabe running its mouth.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
People like to make conversation at Gun Shows and will comment lots of times. I have heard that its a good price millions of times and they really aren't interested. When they get out the cash is the only thing that matters.

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation"
"Dangerous Game Hunting........because golf, football and baseball only require one ball"
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Dang I have one of the 4 5/8” 44 spl flattop SS and 4 5/8” 357/9mm flattop SS never been fired and only looked at twice grin. Didn’t know they were that high.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smallfry
Dang I have one of the 4 5/8” 44 spl flattop SS and 4 5/8” 357/9mm flattop SS never been fired and only looked at twice grin. Didn’t know they were that high.
He is giving you false hope, MSRP is price manufacturer thinks a product should cost which is meaningless, because nobody pays MSRP. The only exceptions are products in very high demand with not enough product to satisfy the need. This is not the case with Ruger single-action revolver of this type. It is different with guns like: Great Western (of Hollywood fame), Ruger Single Action Old Army,......because these guns are no longer made.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Slavek
Originally Posted by smallfry
He is giving you false hope, MSRP is price manufacturer thinks a product should cost which is meaningless, because nobody pays MSRP. The only exceptions are products in very high demand with not enough product to satisfy the need. This is not the case with Ruger single-action revolver of this type. It is different with guns like: Great Western (of Hollywood fame), Ruger Single Action Old Army,......because these guns are no longer made.

Dipschitt. Seriously doubt you even own a gun.

Probably not allowed to in whatever Commie schitt hole you reside in.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Hang tough on the $950 or be ready to lower it a hundred if you really want to move it badly. I don't think you're far off on the price. Pay no attention to the Euro Chick wannabe running its mouth.

Yep. All Quality Guns are bringing premium prices right now.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ok, I was a little low as suggested by Desertoakie the gun is worth about $750. There is some great buys out there. A stainless Ruger Old Army .44 7,5" in yellow and black cardboard box sold at American shop for $850. This was an excellent buy for gun that does not require any paperwork to own. Patient will be rewarded, those in hurry will get screwed. If you want to laugh check out site called GunBroaker and see what some stupid people are paying to guns.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Like everything else, it’s worth what you can get. I might pay $950 if in the right mood. You’ll just have to wait for the right person to get your price. Never sold at a gunshow. I’d imagine you’d get a lot of folks trying to lowball you so they could make money on your stuff themselves.

What fresh Hell is this?
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Like everything else, it’s worth what you can get. I might pay $950 if in the right mood. You’ll just have to wait for the right person to get your price. Never sold at a gunshow. I’d imagine you’d get a lot of folks trying to lowball you so they could make money on your stuff themselves.

It's pretty easy to tell what they have in mind. The majority are buying to use and don't even dicker. You know what the guys that are trying to beat you down have in mind. They are wanting to make some money.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like something you said to me at a gunshow last year about your response to the non-serious negotiators.

"Will you take $X for it?"

"Are you making a cash offer or just taking a survey?"

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Real vs perceived value.

There are fake bidders on auction sites.
But some crazy bids are legit.

Somebody wanting a rig, nay be tired of looking, or want it as a special gift.....so price may not be an issue.

Can get MSRP or over, sometimes

Hunting season around the corner, good hunting rigs will bring top dollar now.

I hit several shops often, and one is stupid high priced, in a lesser money area. He moves stuff, slowly. Evidently his business model works for him.....hes still open.

Another shop used tp be pretty reasonable. But w new owner its not got as many deals as it used to.

Gunshows local have been insanely high. Selection sucked too.

Its been a shiddy year to shop

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 61 invisible), 2,122 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,133
Posts18,464,687
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.