Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Many years ago I use to frequent the Campfire as I am an avid hunter/shooter. I decided to reenlist after reading so many threads about Covid. Lot’s of interesting discussions and a lot of opinions. Like everyone else, I’ve got mine. Not here is piss on toes, but maybe I can pass on a little insight and facts.

I retired from the healthcare field after 26 years. I was an infection control & surveillance instructor and worked with foreign health ministries, hospitals, doctors, nurses, sanitation workers, plant and mechanical engineers, and risk management departments. I’ve worked in field hospitals to the largest medical institutions in the world in 15+ countries. At the end of the day, I was a glorified janitor, but during my career I witnessed the Man Behind the Curtain and boy it ain’t pretty.

A few observations about our current state of US medical care, guidance we are being fed, and the pandemic:

1. Just because you have a Dr. In front of your name doesn’t mean you know everything even though you might believe otherwise. Doctors today are little more than union employees thanks to the Affordable Care Act and Medicare/Medicaid. It’s all about Group Think, and you either comply with the program or you’re cancelled and lose your career.

2. Today, the half-life of medical knowledge is less than two years. Most anything your doctor tells you is probably wrong or soon will be.

3. Not every medical solution comes from a pharmacy and a hospital. We like to believe the US has the best medical care and on many levels it does, but it is amazing the scotch tape and kite string medical innovation that happens in the most impoverished corners of the world.

4. US Hospitals are little more than Risk Management organizations. It’s no longer about Quality of Care, but managing risks and profits. Hospital CEO’s are bean counters focused on managing costs and liability and not on improving patient care.

5. US Hospitals are the only American industry that can kill 120,000 Americans a year through Nosocomial infections and employ doctors that kill another 250,000 Americans a year though medical errors and still remain open.

6. Defensive Medicine has turned into “How many bills can I submit to the insurer and Medicare/Medicaid?” Patients are little more than Cash Cows today. Check in and be prepared for a long, excruciating experience of endless tests and procedures while hoping that you survive the ride. Fun times.

7. Big Pharma controls the show. They control the FDA, they control the drugs available and promoted by doctors, they crush any outside innovation or competition, they control the treatment pathway, and they are in collusion with the Hospitals and Insurers. And like lawyers, they all get paid regardless of the outcome and have about as much emotional investment in the outcome.

8. Healthcare Workers (aka Nurses and PAs) are the real doctors today. I found few that were not invested in their patient’s well-being and were at a minimum, as knowledgeable and capable as someone with a Dr in front of their name. They save countless patient’s lives from medical mistakes made by their “superiors”. They are underpaid, underappreciated, and treated with all the respect of a disposable tongue depressor. They are the heroes of this pandemic.

9. US Medical Research Universities are controlled by and a slave to their funding sources. They produce the evidence based research they are instructed to produce. They, like virtually all other research institutions in the US, are professional welfare whores. Deviate from the plan and the funding evaporates.

10. The current pandemic presented the perfect opportunity for the largest power grab in human history. Politicians have become doctors and doctors are quietly complicit in the process for fear of being cancelled. In private, most of the US docs (that I know personally) who are still practicing are at a minimum terrified by what is happening. The retired doctors that I know are apoplectic with what they are witnessing.

The pandemic has been used as a political divisive tool to control group think and behavior; the Racism Tool pales in comparison. Every socioeconomic class has been shattered and pitted against one another.

And for the record, I am not vaxxed not because I believe in the conspiracy theories but because I don’t believe in the “science” that has been presented. I pour though PubMed and countless peer reviewed studies every day - an old occupational habit. I have not found any evidence that compels me to line up as an unpaid experimental lab rat. In fact, there is mounting evidence to reinforce my initial skepticism over the “science”. Contrary to what Fauci has promised, the facts show we ain’t mass vaxxing our way out of this pandemic and may well be making matters far worse.

In closing, question everything and do your own research. I do not believe ANY of the pandemic data that is being reported in this country. Politics, power, and money are controlling the narrative.... as it always does.

Last edited by STRSWilson; 09/04/21.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
BP-B2

L
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
L
Thank you!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can stay, new guy.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Finally! Something from a retired Dr. that sounds real!

Virgil B.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
GFY

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Correction - Retired Janitor...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Can't disagree with any of that.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great post.

Of course that's confirmation bias talking!

From a factory workers perspective.

Before we start a Bromance,

270vsCreed?

Miracle Whip vs Mayo?

Hellman's vs Dukes?

Beans?

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 09/04/21.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My wife is a "get the most money possible for the doc/practice" business professional.

She says the same things you just stated.

Hello and GFY!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Awesome thoughts, many things you said are so true, it's crazy we stay functional. We are beyond fixing any of this mess.

I would have got him too but a Dad Blam snow flake hit me in da eye....
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am awaiting Old Cooters response..... LMFAO

Good post and true

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Dillonbuck:

270vsCreed? - 416 Rigby, but if I was forced to choose between the two, the .416 Rigby. I have been known to shoot a pile of .270 in WSM but I don't like to brag about it. I am not really a new fad sort of shooter.

Miracle Whip vs Mayo? Mayo (Miracle Whip is a desert topping and floor wax)

Hellman's vs Dukes? I am a Southern Boy - Only Dukes

Beans? Nope, Just BBQ

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by deflave
GFY

Wasn't blah blah blah me too good enough for you? Any number of 100s of guys could have written that! Celebrate it!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It appears that Booster Biden is getting ahead of the science. According to this, the FDA and CDC are pushing back on his plans. Some have resigned over this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/03/us/coronavirus-booster-shots.html?smid=tw-share

Based on an 8-month study, the President couldn’t find his azz with both hands, a flashlight, and a full-length mirror. Is he the one who should be making medical decisions for us?😱

What fresh Hell is this?
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
You have just exactly confirmed my daughter's (BSN, Patient Advocate) opinion.
And, if you would care to opine...do you think a person in good to fair health condition, who just is interested in maintaining their health, is better served for primary care with an FNP or similar?

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Many years ago I use to frequent the Campfire as I am an avid hunter/shooter. I decided to reenlist after reading so many threads about Covid. Lot’s of interesting discussions and a lot of opinions. Like everyone else, I’ve got mine. Not here is piss on toes, but maybe I can pass on a little insight and facts.

I retired from the healthcare field after 26 years. I was an infection control & surveillance instructor and worked with foreign health ministries, hospitals, doctors, nurses, sanitation workers, plant and mechanical engineers, and risk management departments. I’ve worked in field hospitals to the largest medical institutions in the world in 15+ countries. At the end of the day, I was a glorified janitor, but during my career I witnessed the Man Behind the Curtain and boy it ain’t pretty.

A few observations about our current state of US medical care, guidance we are being fed, and the pandemic:

1. Just because you have a Dr. In front of your name doesn’t mean you know everything even though you might believe otherwise. Doctors today are little more than union employees thanks to the Affordable Care Act and Medicare/Medicaid. It’s all about Group Think, and you either comply with the program or you’re cancelled and lose your career.

2. Today, the half-life of medical knowledge is less than two years. Most anything your doctor tells you is probably wrong or soon will be.

3. Not every medical solution comes from a pharmacy and a hospital. We like to believe the US has the best medical care and on many levels it does, but it is amazing the scotch tape and kite string medical innovation that happens in the most impoverished corners of the world.

4. US Hospitals are little more than Risk Management organizations. It’s no longer about Quality of Care, but managing risks and profits. Hospital CEO’s are bean counters focused on managing costs and liability and not on improving patient care.

5. US Hospitals are the only American industry that can kill 120,000 Americans a year through Nosocomial infections and employ doctors that kill another 250,000 Americans a year though medical errors and still remain open.

6. Defensive Medicine has turned into “How many bills can I submit to the insurer and Medicare/Medicaid?” Patients are little more than Cash Cows today. Check in and be prepared for a long, excruciating experience of endless tests and procedures while hoping that you survive the ride. Fun times.

7. Big Pharma controls the show. They control the FDA, they control the drugs available and promoted by doctors, they crush any outside innovation or competition, they control the treatment pathway, and they are in collusion with the Hospitals and Insurers. And like lawyers, they all get paid regardless of the outcome and have about as much emotional investment in the outcome.

8. Healthcare Workers (aka Nurses and PAs) are the real doctors today. I found few that were not invested in their patient’s well-being and were at a minimum, as knowledgeable and capable as someone with a Dr in front of their name. They save countless patient’s lives from medical mistakes made by their “superiors”. They are underpaid, underappreciated, and treated with all the respect of a disposable tongue depressor. They are the heroes of this pandemic.

9. US Medical Research Universities are controlled by and a slave to their funding sources. They produce the evidence based research they are instructed to produce. They, like virtually all other research institutions in the US, are professional welfare whores. Deviate from the plan and the funding evaporates.

10. The current pandemic presented the perfect opportunity for the largest power grab in human history. Politicians have become doctors and doctors are quietly complicit in the process for fear of being cancelled. In private, most of the US docs (that I know personally) who are still practicing are at a minimum terrified by what is happening. The retired doctors that I know are apoplectic with what they are witnessing.

The pandemic has been used as a political divisive tool to control group think and behavior; the Racism Tool pales in comparison. Every socioeconomic class has been shattered and pitted against one another.

And for the record, I am not vaxxed not because I believe in the conspiracy theories but because I don’t believe in the “science” that has been presented. I pour though PubMed and countless peer reviewed studies every day - an old occupational habit. I have not found any evidence that compels me to line up as an unpaid experimental lab rat. In fact, there is mounting evidence to reinforce my initial skepticism over the “science”. Contrary to what Fauci has promised, the facts show we ain’t mass vaxxing our way out of this pandemic and may well be making matters far worse.

In closing, question everything and do your own research. I do not believe ANY of the pandemic data that is being reported in this country. Politics, power, and money are controlling the narrative.... as it always does.

You could've just given the Cliff Notes version, that is, they all lie when they take the Hippocratic Oath.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
YES! 100% nailed it. For those that only watch MSNBC, CNN, etc, re-read OP's post.
Whoever coined the term "money is the root of all evil" was more than correct... except he/she should have coined it: "money and the pursuit of power are the roots of a evil".

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Elklayer you telling someone to use the “Cliff Notes” version is hypocrisy at its best. Your long winded copy and paste BS posts are famous here. So STFU.

Welcome new guy.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
GFY

Wasn't blah blah blah me too good enough for you? Any number of 100s of guys could have written that! Celebrate it!

GFY translated = Good For You*

*Sometimes

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
GFY

GFY translated = Good For You*

*Sometimes

grin

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
670 members (12344mag, 12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 76 invisible), 2,663 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,614
Posts18,398,421
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.