Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Check out the comments.

https://eugyppius.substack.com/p/va...campaign=post_embed&utm_medium=email

Vaccine Failure and the Way Out

eugyppius
Sep 5

The Corona vaccines don’t work very well. Ubiquitous statistics showing that the vaccinated enjoy substantial protection against serious illness and death seem wrong. In some cases they are probably manipulated. They are certainly confounded by the different testing regimes to which the vaccinated and the unvaccinated are subjected. Once you forget the specifics of efficacy and look at the broader picture, it is easy to see where we are. The vaccines have not reduced Corona mortality compared to the same time last year in any jurisdiction that I know of. Countries with high vaccination rates are now seeing the same number of deaths, or more, as they had at the beginning of September 2020. Time is a flat circle.

If you peer deeper, you’ll generally find this: The vaccinated remain substantially protected against serious illness or death, but the unvaccinated are entering the hospital and dying at very high rates indeed, as if to compensate. Thus Israel has maintained the same case fatality rate of around 0.7%, before and after mass vaccination. If this is just Delta being more dangerous, then we would expect countries with lower vaccination rates to be enduring truly staggering mortality right now, but they are not. In heavily vaccinated countries, Delta is raging with a rare fury among the unvaccinated, but in lesser-vaccinated countries it is doing nothing unusual. This means that the efficacy statistics are broadly unreliable. The exact reasons don’t really matter: Either the vaccines have the power to change the whole picture, or they don’t.

None of this should surprise us. Vaccines against coronaviruses have been used in animals for decades, and none of them work very well. Generally they begin to fail after a few months. Despite their technical sophistication, our mRNA and vector vaccines against SARS-2 are no different. They had some success when they were first rolled out, but if anything that probably made things worse. They effectively killed off the older Kent lineage and reduced the overall genetic diversity of SARS-2. Cases plummeted in the United Kingdom and Israel, and Delta emerged victorious from this bottleneck event. When newly vaccinated Icelanders travelled to the Delta-saturated UK for holiday, they did not even enjoy an initial period of protection against infection. They brought Delta back to Iceland, where the new strain circulated among vaccinated and unvaccinated at nearly the same rate.

In a world where the symptomatic mostly stay home, Corona is locked in a balancing act. It can’t make people too sick too soon, or its hosts will remove themselves from circulation and infect nobody. Delta is more aggressive than prior strains, probably to the point of disadvantaging itself in containment-happy countries. The more aggressive, earlier replication allows it to get the jump on immunity in the vaccinated, however, who can also tolerate more virus replication with fewer symptoms. Together with ordinary antigenic drift, this would seem to be the mechanism that has brought Delta to prominence. We are probably justified in calling this phenomenon a weak Marek Effect. Our universal vaccination campaigns worked just well enough to speed up the evolutionary processes that are always and everywhere optimising Corona.

It is impossible to believe that this failure was not foreseen. The scientists who developed the vaccines knew for sure how things would play out. That’s why they concluded the trials after three or four months and vaccinated their controls. It’s why they have been talking about boosters from the very beginning. It’s why, if you listened carefully, you never heard Zero Covid sloganeering coming from Team Vaccine. Only the comparative morons on Team Lockdown ever talked like that.

Our politicians and our new public health dictators, on the other hand, remained oblivious to the limited potential of the vaccines. They continue to insist on universal vaccination and green passes, while it is obvious that these will do nothing to influence the course of the pandemic. It is worth asking why, because when you think about it, you can see that the vaccine roll-out came with an inbuilt exit strategy. The vaccines arrived most everywhere in the spring, as Corona was going out of season anyway. Policymakers immediately claimed declining infections as a victory for the vaccines, but they failed to take the next step and declare the war won and either discontinue their case counts, or at the very least exclude the vaccinated from infection and mortality statistics. Instead, they deployed half measures, devising new regulations that exempt the vaccinated from testing most of the time, while failing to shut the door on the pandemic and maintaining numbers that are just reliable enough to reveal the futility of their policies.

This was the second time our brave health dictatorship failed to use the obvious, purpose-built exit ramp of seasonality. The first was in Spring 2020, after the entire West (with the exceptions of Sweden and Belarus) bought into mass containment and Corona infections collapsed everywhere in April. Establishment scientific voices had by this time spent two months denying that there would be significant seasonal effects, on the basis of some superficial modelling studies. As with the vaccine roll-out, denying seasonality allowed them to declare a policy victory. As with the vaccine roll-out, the stage was set for everybody to say that they had defeated Corona, fold up shop and go home. This is, you will note, exactly what China did. They tightened official testing criteria, declared the pandemic over with and never looked back. Western countries, though, kept the ball in the air all summer long, just as they are keeping the ball in the air now.

Governments are both more powerful and more paralysed than they have been at any other point in history. Powers have diffused throughout the realms of bureaucracy. By distributing power in this way, occupational classes ensure loyalty and unanimity across the whole of the civil service, academia and the press. The consequence is that states have become profoundly and permanently demobilised, incapable of acting according to coherent strategies. Over and over in Corona, we see clear hints of strategic thinking in certain quarters – the exit ramps are among the clearest signs – but these are always overridden by the broader momentum of countless thousands of nameless, faceless optimisers and hystericists who sit on hundreds of boring pointless committees performing the same iterative destructive acts of governance over and over.

These are bureaucratic processes of untold complexity, all of them steered in roughly the same direction by a loose system of Schelling points. The mysterious power of globalist organisations like the World Economic Forum is the coordination they provide, by acting as venues for the occupational elites to formulate policy schemes among themselves and to propagate these plans and ideals through loose networks of affiliated tycoons, journalists and NGOs. Until now, Corona policy in every western country has unfolded more or less according to the same script, devised by the World Health Organisation at the end of February 2020. The final act was supposed to be the wide-scale eradication of Corona after mass vaccination. It is now clear that this will never happen. For the first time since March 2020, there is no obvious international consensus on the way forward.

A few countries, or perhaps even a few prominent politicians or public health pundits who do not have their heads up their asses, could change everything. Everyone who is not crazy needs to start insisting on the same simple message:

We have to live with Corona, it will always be with us. Biannual boosters for the entire population will not solve anything. They will only reduce the effectiveness of vaccines by encouraging antigenic drift. The vaccines are, at best, a solution for the elderly and the vulnerable only. Everyone will get Corona, even the vaccinated, and children need to get it while they are still young and while it poses no risk to them. In this way, SARS-2 will become an unimportant virus in the coming years.

UPDATE: My critics complain that Delta has a different seasonality, so calendar-date comparisons are inappropriate. This was only an attempt to simplify. Compare mortality statistics however you want: They have, as a rule, not improved. My critics complain further that Israel’s unchanging case fatality rate is an outlier, and that the CFR is declining elsewhere. This is true! I only cited Israel to illustrate the shifting burden of mortality and hospitalisation to the unvaccinated. Official case fatality rates are obviously determined by local diagnostic policies and in themselves they mean almost nothing.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The vaccinated are:

Still spreading covid or a variant.
Still get sick.
Still go to the hospital.
Still die of covid.
Still catch covid.
Still told to wear a useless mask and social distance.

Why are putting this gene therapy into our bodies?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I still know, in passing (a work acquaintance) one person that’s died from corona.
Bunch of my uncles and aunts, elderly and plenty of comorbidities, all had it (supposedly) with little symptoms and got over it quick. Basically they had the flu.
I’m around a lot of people daily, not living as a recluse somewhere.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was reading an article that was encouraging.

The way the Delta variant is just tearing thru communities, some virologists believe that we'll peak before the end of October and while still a threat, the strain on the system will be relieved and we'll see flu like levels of Covid where is just an annoyance. People will still die from it unfortunately as they do with the flu but reasonable precautions should keep it at bay.

I'm hoping they are right. Another article I read predicted spring of 2023. If that's the case this country will be in shambles.

The Spanish flu burned out after a 3rd wave around November IIRC from the doc I watched on it. Not because of masks or social distancing but because it had no one else to infect.

Last edited by KFWA; 09/06/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I must have read the same article. Doc said Delta will burn through infecting so many and thence leaving so much immunity in it's wake as to effectively achieve herd immunity.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"If you peer deeper, you’ll generally find this: The vaccinated remain substantially protected against serious illness or death, but the unvaccinated are entering the hospital and dying at very high rates indeed, "

Out of the numerous paragraphs in your post,

Any discussion here on the above quote, that paragraph is fact or not?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Kenneth
"If you peer deeper, you’ll generally find this: The vaccinated remain substantially protected against serious illness or death, but the unvaccinated are entering the hospital and dying at very high rates indeed, "

He goes on to explain that it almost certainly is not fact and that the statistics are obviously wrong. If the statistics were right, then we would see huge numbers or at least higher numbers of deaths in the least vaccinated countries. But we aren’t. Therefore, the statistics showing that the unvaccinated are getting sick and dying in higher numbers here must be wrong for one reason or another.

Of course, there is one possibility he only touches on but doesn’t mention specifically or go into too much depth about. That is that vaccinated people are making it tougher on everyone but particularly the unvaccinated. That could explain why the disease seems less severe in countries that have low vaccination rates.

Last edited by JoeBob; 09/06/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I remember when the first case in the US showed up in Seattle. There were dead people in the streets in China. Bodies everywhere. Whatever happened with that? Was that all faked?

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

You've got to read it in context. The rest of the paragraph.

"If you peer deeper, you’ll generally find this: The vaccinated remain substantially protected against serious illness or death, but the unvaccinated are entering the hospital and dying at very high rates indeed, as if to compensate. Thus Israel has maintained the same case fatality rate of around 0.7%, before and after mass vaccination. If this is just Delta being more dangerous, then we would expect countries with lower vaccination rates to be enduring truly staggering mortality right now, but they are not. In heavily vaccinated countries, Delta is raging with a rare fury among the unvaccinated, but in lesser-vaccinated countries it is doing nothing unusual. This means that the efficacy statistics are broadly unreliable. The exact reasons don’t really matter: Either the vaccines have the power to change the whole picture, or they don’t."

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I read an article today out of a local paper. They said 66% of all covid cases here are "breakthrough" cases in vaccinated people. Then they blamed unvaccinated people for getting the vaccinated people sick!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kingston

"If you peer deeper, you’ll generally find this: The vaccinated remain substantially protected against serious illness or death, but the unvaccinated are entering the hospital and dying at very high rates indeed, as if to compensate. Thus Israel has maintained the same case fatality rate of around 0.7%, before and after mass vaccination. If this is just Delta being more dangerous, then we would expect countries with lower vaccination rates to be enduring truly staggering mortality right now, but they are not. In heavily vaccinated countries, Delta is raging with a rare fury among the unvaccinated, but in lesser-vaccinated countries it is doing nothing unusual. This means that the efficacy statistics are broadly unreliable. The exact reasons don’t really matter: Either the vaccines have the power to change the whole picture, or they don’t."

Gotcha, "if you peer deeper".......

Slightly mis-leading the way I glanced at it,

'first impression' or 'initial reports' might have a better lead with that paragraph.

All good.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I remember when the first case in the US showed up in Seattle. There were dead people in the streets in China. Bodies everywhere. Whatever happened with that? Was that all faked?

I recall those reports. People dropping dead in the markets and on the streets...I don't recall those stories persisting for very long at all, a week or maybe two weeks at the most and then buried since FEAR had already been well instilled. Obviously those reports falsely characterized the virus and its effects, and that is just the beginning of my own skepticism and personal opinion that it is all nothing but a political stunt. Yeah, people die...treatments that we are told work are withheld and any mention of them on social media are squelched. I do wonder why *sarcasm*. Treatments that are known to put patients at great risk are prescribed (i.e. intubation) and the mortality rate is driven UP. Why? Throw in the monetary incentives built into the federal response and it's not hard to imagine that the medical establishment has been recruited as co-conspirators.

As far as I am concerned, this is really nothing different from an influenza outbreak being engineered into a perceived pandemic for political purposes---and brought to us by the internationalist communist left.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I read an article today out of a local paper. They said 66% of all covid cases here are "breakthrough" cases in vaccinated people. Then they blamed unvaccinated people for getting the vaccinated people sick!

Ironic how the vaccinated sheeple can't accept the fact that they took a "vaccine" that does no good. I have a really hard time understanding how having 100% of the people given an ineffective vaccine is supposed to address the problem...actually, I think I DO understand. It's not about protecting health, it's about compliance with the wishes of wannabe dictators. F**K them all.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

What paper was that?
I'd like to read that article.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Its amazing that the left will not concede on the whole vaccine thing. Just like the travel bans, and mask mandates, it's clearly not working. Their solution? Double down on what hasn't worked thus far. There is literally no way to know if the vaccine is even producing lesser symptoms either I have unvaccinated friends that had covid and it was literally a runny nose, then people on the other end of the spectrum die from it. I also had a vaccinated friend die from it. It affects everyone radically differently for some mysterious reason.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Driven by pure greed

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by NVhntr

What paper was that?
I'd like to read that article.

I like that they concluded "most visitors are unvaccinated."...They have no way of knowing that without check points and vaccine passports. I'd say most visitors ARE vaccinated, because most people I know did get vaccinated.

https://www.vaildaily.com/news/high...se-rate-points-to-unvaccinated-visitors/

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kingston

Gotcha, "if you peer deeper".......

Slightly mis-leading the way I glanced at it,

'first impression' or 'initial reports' might have a better lead with that paragraph.

All good.

Slightly?

As intentional as it gets, Typical leftist speak, watch for it.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Doesn't even begin to make logical sense. Being vaccinated is supposed to protect you from those who might pass it to you. If it doesn't, it's worthless. Furthermore, its the vaccinated who are the variant factories. A virus doesn't need to make variants in the bodies of unvaccinated people because, in theory, they have no defense against the seminal version.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I read the article linked. To believe it you will need to suspend common sense. If the not-vax is so good, how can a normal person transmit it to the abnormal (vaxxed) person?

The vax is a failure as a vax but likely a winner at causing long term health issues.

The vax believers don’t believe that it is causing side effects but the data is there. Look at stories out of Israel regarding breakthrough cases.

If you want the vax, take it but leave the un-vaxed alone. You have far more problems coming your way.

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
744 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 76 invisible), 2,969 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,767
Posts18,401,467
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.