-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve had a 1st Gen 9mm Shield for a number of years. Mine shot significantly high at 25 yards, but that was easily resolved with taller front sight. My Shield fits my hand well, is reasonably accurate, and so far is very reliable. I’m a fan.

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
GB1

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by contender
I think I need a different CC/Car gun. i currently have a Kahr 9mm which i have no problems with as far as weight, looks and performance. The ONLY problem is sometimes when shooting it the magazine falls loose dropping about an1/8" rendering it a single shot. It seems that the inside of my thumb inadvertently hits the magazine release causing a 'stovepipe' or not chambering the next round if I'm not paying attention which could be bad in case of a self defense situation. I have average size hands and my fingers are not 'fat'. anything not to like about a 9mm Schield? Answers appreciated. (Happens with all magazines.)

I'm old and don't carry any more than I have to -- I don't carry spare mags. My Kahrs are setup to function with the one mag in place. I've modified the mag release, the slide release, and the inside slide release components (bullet nose slide release actuation) to insure absolute function with the mag in the gun. I know this doesn't work for all, but I can live/die with it. Done on both CW40 and Cw45 - ground down mag release button/added new spring, ground down slide release, ground off actuation "nub" on inside of slide stop.
Here's my CW40
[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]
Paul

Last edited by paul105; 09/04/21.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
MOGC
I have the 2.0 Compact with the 4" barrel that is optics cut. I almost bought the shorter barrel version but could not find one in stock that was optic cut.
I am playing with a red dot now but have not decided if I am going to stay with it or not.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by paul105
Originally Posted by contender
I think I need a different CC/Car gun. i currently have a Kahr 9mm which i have no problems with as far as weight, looks and performance. The ONLY problem is sometimes when shooting it the magazine falls loose dropping about an1/8" rendering it a single shot. It seems that the inside of my thumb inadvertently hits the magazine release causing a 'stovepipe' or not chambering the next round if I'm not paying attention which could be bad in case of a self defense situation. I have average size hands and my fingers are not 'fat'. anything not to like about a 9mm Schield? Answers appreciated. (Happens with all magazines.)

I'm old and don't carry any more than I have to -- I don't carry spare mags. My Kahrs are setup to function with the one mag in place. I've modified the mag release, the slide release, and the inside slide release components (bullet nose slide release actuation) to insure absolute function with the mag in the gun. I know this doesn't work for all, but I can live/die with it. Done on both CW40 and Cw45 - ground down mag release button/added new spring, ground down slide release, ground off actuation "nub" on inside of slide stop.
Here's my CW40
[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]
Paul

I PM'd you.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pullit
MOGC
I have the 2.0 Compact with the 4" barrel that is optics cut. I almost bought the shorter barrel version but could not find one in stock that was optic cut.
I am playing with a red dot now but have not decided if I am going to stay with it or not.

Nice, sounds like a good fighting pistol.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had a few kids out this weekend shooting. The Shield+ was a favorite, but the regular Shield was also a hit.

It's pretty beginner friendly for such a little pistol.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Sig P365. Thank me later. 🤠

I have been wanting a smaller EDC than my Springfield XD Mod.2, and since I have a couple of Springfields already, I figured I'd eventually pick up a Hellcat. Then I came across a Sig P365 for a good price here in the classifieds. I sent a PM to the seller, Warpig, (top notch seller IMO) and a few days later I was the owner of a new P365.

I haven't shot it much yet, but I am very happy with the size and feel of it. I marvel over how compact it is. As a bonus, it fits pretty well in a leather IWB holster that I also got through our classifieds that's meant for a Ruger SR22.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had one of the 9mm early mfg models for a few years. It's been reliable for over 2000 rounds with all kinds of ammo including the cheap stuff with minimal cleaning. I agree with NVhntr on the grip being pretty narrow. I'd say my hands are only a little over average size. You can fix that for about twelve bucks with the Hogue grip sleeve. Once you get it on the gun's a lot more comfortable and controllable to shoot rapid fire. I like my Glock 19 & 1911 a lot but IME the Shield is also a good gun, for less money and is easier to conceal.

Last edited by 43Shooter; 09/06/21.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I own two Shields, a .45 Gen 2, and a 9mm Shield EZ. Both great guns, ideal for CCW carry. For summertime carry, I just drop one or the other in the rear pants pocket of a pair of cargo shorts, and under a t-shirt, perfectly concealable.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

668 members (1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1badf350, 57 invisible), 2,825 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,695
Posts18,456,662
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.