24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Where is the best place to buy Sportsmatch rings?

And, which rings for a SWFA 3-9 Super Sniper on a Tikka T3?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
BP-B6

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
David, I get them from tawnadoairguns, it the same guy that sells them on ebay. I pay with paypal, since he's in great britain. He's been trying to keep them in stock, but they go quick. He ships very quickly.

And you'll want the TO84 model. They're the lowest 30mm. Perfect fit for that scope.

I've been putting an old scope base screw in front of the rear ring as a recoil lug, and forfeiting the sportsmatch pin. Then I clamp the front ring until it barely slides, then slide it forward until it bottoms out where the tikka receiver rail tapers up. This gives good ring spacing, and give two forms of recoil lug, haven't had anything move yet, up to a .270 in recoil. Hope this helps,

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks!

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And shipping is incredible, mine was like 4 days or something direct from tawnado shop.

Sean
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Don't forget your Loctite! No fugging around! Ditto on the TO84 and source.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Looks like the TO84 is in stock, you can substitute the TO85's which are the same, just different location of pin.. Knock out the pin and do same as 270jrk.
That's what I did cause the TO84 wasn't in stock at the time.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Remington280
Looks like the TO84 is in stock, you can substitute the TO85's which are the same, just different location of pin.. Knock out the pin and do same as 270jrk.

Interesting.... Don't suppose you have pics showing the pins?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by Remington280

Interesting.... Don't suppose you have pics showing the pins?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In case anyone was wondering....might give them a try

How Much Should I Tighten the Screws on my Scope Mount ?
Ring screws (4mm thread diameter) - 30 in/lbs. Dovetail clamp screws with 4mm thread diameter - 42 in/lbs. Dovetail clamp screws with 5mm thread diameter - 66 in/lbs. Rail clamp on Picatinny / Weaver scope mounts - 40 in/lbs. Due to many variables these figures can only be used as a guide. In extreme cases some particularly heavy recoiling rifles may require higher levels of torque to be applied to the dovetail clamp screws only. To avoid damaging the fasteners on your scope mount please only use the allen key supplied or a suitable torque wrench.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
tag

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Airguns of Arizona are also a dealer. That's where I got my last set. First set was from Ebay and not issues there, but AoA was faster.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Guys think Tikka is the best but their scope mounting BS is legendary. Add in the long actions and half ass spring to hold the plastic mag in...and you have a $750 rifle that should sell for $400

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Guys think Tikka is the best but their scope mounting BS is legendary. Add in the long actions and half ass spring to hold the plastic mag in...and you have a $750 rifle that should sell for $400

Let's see, for scope mounting you have a choice of numerous rings that fit the dovetail and the rings I am familar with have pin that fits in a hole in the dovetail so that in the event of improperly tightened rings the scope will still not move forward.
If you don't like that system the rail is drilled and tapped for aftermarket scope bases and rails, which opens up a near unlimited amount of ring choices. What more could you ask for?

Long action - big deal, the bolt throw is sized to the cartridge so that you are only moving the bolt rearward as much as necessary.

Magazine spring - I have had numerous Tikkas and have never had a magazine inadvertently come out and I have never had a problem inserting one. As far as the plastic magazine, they have worked fine for me, as far as failures of them I do not know of any personally and the only place it seems to occur is on the internet.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Have owned one and handled several. Barrel is quality but the rest of the gun is basically a Ruger American priced double. No thanks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by drover

Let's see, for scope mounting you have a choice of numerous rings that fit the dovetail and the rings I am familar with have pin that fits in a hole in the dovetail so that in the event of improperly tightened rings the scope will still not move forward.
If you don't like that system the rail is drilled and tapped for aftermarket scope bases and rails, which opens up a near unlimited amount of ring choices. What more could you ask for?

Long action - big deal, the bolt throw is sized to the cartridge so that you are only moving the bolt rearward as much as necessary.

Magazine spring - I have had numerous Tikkas and have never had a magazine inadvertently come out and I have never had a problem inserting one. As far as the plastic magazine, they have worked fine for me, as far as failures of them I do not know of any personally and the only place it seems to occur is on the internet.

drover

This^^

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Have owned one and handled several. Barrel is quality but the rest of the gun is basically a Ruger American priced double. No thanks.

Baloney. One of the best and most reliable triggers on a factory rifle anywhere, reliable magazine/feeding (very much UNLIKE a Ruger American), dovetail mounting system is very reliable and tough, T3X (specifically the 6.5CM) allows max bullet lengths. If you don't like them, fine, but your analysis is a joke.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Don't much care what anyone else thinks of my opinions. Still free to have my own thoughts. For now.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
691 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12308300, 58 invisible), 3,141 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,742
Posts18,401,219
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.