Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#16407867 09/05/21
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Just aquired an arctic cat trv 700 what would be a good grade and weight of oil for this thing?

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
GB2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
What does the owners manual say?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by 1beaver_shooter
Just aquired an arctic cat trv 700 what would be a good grade and weight of oil for this thing?

Just bite the bullet & use the OEM oil for the machine as per manual

yea..$12/quart..but its the right stuff...

Do not use oil stamped 'Energy Conserving'

Bad for any wet clutch system.......

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-parts/Arctic-Cat

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Manual is missing and the closest artic cat dealer is bass pro 65 miles away was hoping someone could tell me a good brand and weight to just go pickup at the local Napa store the on line Manual just says use cat products and doesn't give a weight or grade of oil and this thing already has a Fram filter on it so I at least have a number for it

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Manual is missing and the closest artic cat dealer is bass pro 65 miles away was hoping someone could tell me a good brand and weight to just go pickup at the local Napa store the on line Manual just says use cat products and doesn't give a weight or grade of oil and this thing already has a Fram filter on it so I at least have a number for it

If you're not going to use OEM oil, Rotella T-6 SHOULD have the JASO rating required. You need to verify this prior to changing oil. Again, it's a wet clutch thing.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

yes..Rotella T6 is real common......

again.......RMATV link..OEM parts/oils

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-parts/Arctic-Cat

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
ok thanks guys local car quest stocks a couple of the ones listed on the rockymtin website lets see if i can get thiss thing running one more time !!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You can find whatever oil you need online. For a couple quarts a year, it's worth it. For example, my Polaris RZR requires Polaris PS4. I'd often heard that Mobile 1 full synthetic was a good one for it. Wrong. I had the oil pressure relief valve plug up. It's a $10 part but very expensive to replace because of all the labor to get at it. It's way down inside the engine. They said the PS4 has a special additive to prevent that from happening and that owners who use it never have the problem. Using Mobile 1 only saves a couple $ a year but could cost you FAR more than that.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
0-40 motorcycle oil. You do get what you pay for with the Cat oil, good stuff. Don't forget the front and rear gear oil, who knows how old that is. What year is your TRV?

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Thanks for all the information, I was not trying to cheap out on this thing it's just that I don't always have the foresight to keep a stash of parts or supplies on hand all the time and if I can get something that is close to oem it's better Than nothing. And no I was not planning on going by the jiffy mart and just grabbing a jug of quaker state!! It's a 2012 700 trv that due to health problems I haven't had much of a chance to ride it much but that is finally changing ,I am fitting it up for hunting season and also building a rack for the cooler and surf rods thanks again.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for all the information, I was not trying to cheap out on this thing it's just that I don't always have the foresight to keep a stash of parts or supplies on hand all the time and if I can get something that is close to oem it's better Than nothing. And no I was not planning on going by the jiffy mart and just grabbing a jug of quaker state!! It's a 2012 700 trv that due to health problems I haven't had much of a chance to ride it much but that is finally changing ,I am fitting it up for hunting season and also building a rack for the cooler and surf rods thanks again.

I don't use it, but before you bash Quaker State, perhaps you better look at their numbers on Bob is the Oil Guy or PQIA. Their Ultra Defy or whatever it is tends to outperform some of the "preferred" oils.

Just sayin'.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bel-ray 10w40 .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Valvoline ATV specific oil, been running that in my Rhino, Foreman (before I sold it) and the wife's Rancher, it is made for machines with a wet clutch and if you use anything that isn't WC specific you're going to burn it up. I've got a buddy that runs the Rotella stuff in his and he has never had an issue either so I may switch to that oil.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
You can generally find both owners and service manuals on line for anything . Cheap or free. I'd get a service manual. I'v4 found it invaluable for my Rancher, the Yamaha 700 as well as a couple snow machines.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I just changed the oil in my 2008 brute force 650. I put valavoline 10w40 atv oil in it. i had been using penngrade 10w40 atv oil. however it;s tough to find.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I just changed the oil in my 2008 brute force 650. I put valavoline 10w40 atv oil in it. i had been using penngrade 10w40 atv oil. however it;s tough to find.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
There's an online store called "Partzilla" that should have the specific oils needed for your model.....give them a try.

Frog----OUT!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I use Mobil! 10W-40 motor cycle oil in my Grizzly 700 and used it in the Grizzly 660 I had before it.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You can use a lot of oil that is readily available as long as it is JASO rated for motorcycle engines. I use Rotella T6 these days.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

yes

JASO rated.......

Energy Conserving is a no no

Rotella T6 rocks......

T6 in my Kioti CK35

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
684 members (1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 76 invisible), 3,129 guests, and 1,459 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,678
Posts18,399,550
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.