Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#16412452 09/07/21
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Just got this Buk95 from Charlie. The pic robs the orange of some color, it’s a nice hunter orange.

[Linked Image]

BP-B2

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
This pic captures color a bit better

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thats one of my favorite patterns of his, need to get one ordered one of these days.

Congrats - great looking knife!!

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Excellent! I have a Buk95 also and really like the pattern. It is excellent in the hand and works like a champion on game.

Last edited by MOGC; 09/07/21.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very nice. Really good design.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Charlie makes a clean, no BS knife.

From a month or two ago.

I like orange.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Refuge in a2.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
I like that Dave. The Refuge was on my list

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think you guys know how I feel about Charlie's knives. I met him in 2005 been a fan ever since . I don't think he has one model that isn't a good one .

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have a Refuge model on order from him, Ivory scales, mosaics, black liners. Can't wait !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lucky13
I have a Refuge model on order from him, Ivory scales, mosaics, black liners. Can't wait !

👍👍

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
The Refuge is a great looking blade, I’m surprised it doesn’t get more attention

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Charlie makes a great knife. I have had 8. All are gone but my Lil' Bladie May, which he hasn't offered in 20 years or so, and is his best pattern. My wife has a matched pair of Bobwhite and B&T. Great pair. We'd have more....except...Gene's stuff is just simply better...

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Journeyman
We'd have more....except...Gene's stuff is just simply better...

Why do you think that? I have owned and still own knives from Gene too. I wouldn’t put one over the other, they’re just different.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I like that one. I've got a Slitter/B&T pair in Orange that I really like.

Originally Posted by troutfisher13111

Why do you think that? I have owned and still own knives from Gene too. I wouldn’t put one over the other, they’re just different.

I think they're same/same on quality of knife. If you like one's design better than the other's that's ok....but it's a preference not a "better" quality.

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Didn’t take long to break it in…

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Excellent!

I think the Buk95 is one of May's better patterns. I had one for a while and liked it.

As to the Gene vs Charlie thing, I think they both make a great knife of very similar quality. It boils down to what patterns you like best.

For me, Charlie's knives feel blockier in the hand than Gene's but everybody is different

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Didn’t take long to break it in…

[Linked Image]

Awesome!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

I think they're same/same on quality of knife. If you like one's design better than the other's that's ok....but it's a preference not a "better" quality.

Hey, if that's your opinion - good on ya!

My measurements of the grind, behind the edge thickness, HRC on my Wilson tester, rope cutting, cardboard testing, and near 200 critters forms mine...

It's all good...

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My measurements of the grind, behind the edge thickness, HRC on my Wilson tester, rope cutting, cardboard testing, and near 200 critters forms mine...

It's all good...

Handmade knives ,hand ground ,vary from knife to knife from any maker . The latest knives by Charlie I've had in ,the grinds were off the charts excellent . I think both these makers build excellent knives . I prefer Charlie's designs ( profiles) ,and I like the feel of his knives in your hand . I think his range of blades ,sizes ,profiles ,etc,he offers more

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by VinceM

It's all good...

Handmade knives ,hand ground ,vary from knife to knife from any maker . The latest knives by Charlie I've had in ,the grinds were off the charts excellent . I think both these makers build excellent knives . I prefer Charlie's designs ( profiles) ,and I like the feel of his knives in your hand . I think his range of blades ,sizes ,profiles ,etc,he offers more

That's awesome, Vince!!!

Can you post the Behind the Edge thickness...Primary and Apex bevel, and HRC hardness???

Also - you prefer his profiles - can you post a few critters and show why?

Thanks, from a fan!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Loving this [bleep]!

Just landed in TEB and waiting for my plane to SUN...

I wish I could do a pocket dump of the freaking AWESOME knives I used the last month in the UK...

Will do when I get home...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
791 members (163bc, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 77 invisible), 3,190 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,709
Posts18,400,156
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.