Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In Arizona you are not allowed to empty and refill your pool during a water shortage. It has never been bad enough for the gov. to crackdown on maintaining the level of the pool. Considering the amount of water that evaporates from pools, I've no doubt it is on the drawing board if things get bad enough. It will hit pretty hard as plaster cracks when left in the sun without water. Lotta people are going to be tempted to cheat a little if it comes to that.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I would post empty stock dam pics but it's too depressing.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I would post empty stock dam pics but it's too depressing.

Bummer

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Kinda cool looking.

Wonder what that giant concrete block with the huge cabled attached is for in the third picture.

It's what they use to anchor the docks at the marinas.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Morewood
L. Oroville has a bunch of coho salmon. Not to mention trophy bass. Cats, trout, kokanee, they're all bunched up.

I won't fish for them. C'mon rain.

They'll be suffocating or already are, and the warm water will "boil" them soon. It's the same at my close by local reservoir. It'll be just a small dry river channel soon.

Every summer now is hotter and dryer than any others on record.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Kinda cool looking.

Wonder what that giant concrete block with the huge cabled attached is for in the third picture.

It's what they use to anchor the docks at the marinas.

Thought it was an explanation like that.

LOL at the other smartassed answers above.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Would be interesting to know all the cool stuff found at the bottom of the lake

Gold

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Keep watering those lawns...
Out west they ought to shoot people watering yard grass or washing cars.

That is CA for ya. I've known situations where the state told people to NOT water their lawns or it was a $500 fine...
on the other end, the City or County told the same people, if their lawns were not green and mowed, it was a $500 fine...

In Oregon, I have a pool, water the lawn daily, and run one of my cars thru the local car wash at least 3 to 4 times a week.

Lack of water isn't a problem here.. Oregon's government is screwed up..... but California's so much more.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by fester

Gold

All the bodies of opponents, Nancy Pelosi has had knocked off of the last 50 yrs or so...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Gold

Odds are there is a bit of it down there. I had a friend who lived above one of the arms on an old gold mine property. Lived in the mine office which was converted to a house. Still had side by side stone/gravel sluices on the seasonal creek outside the mine entrance. They'd dump their diggings in there and wait for a rain with the water directed down one side, sluice for awhile, then switch sides and pick the gold from the first side.

So I have no doubt there's likely a bit down there at the bottom of those arms of the reservoir. Likely not far from wherever a creek empties in.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Hey Boomer. Love the Hula girl. cool

But I think you need a plastic Jesus too. wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
We're not doing well here either. I just checked the water year number today and we're at just about 1/2 of normal, a little lower actually, and the new water year starts in 23 days. No rain in the forecast to speak of for the next week either.

In it is contentment

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Gold

Odds are there is a bit of it down there. I had a friend who lived above one of the arms on an old gold mine property. Lived in the mine office which was converted to a house. Still had side by side stone/gravel sluices on the seasonal creek outside the mine entrance. They'd dump their diggings in there and wait for a rain with the water directed down one side, sluice for awhile, then switch sides and pick the gold from the first side.

So I have no doubt there's likely a bit down there at the bottom of those arms of the reservoir. Likely not far from wherever a creek empties in.

They hauled a lot of dirt when the spillway broke. Damn right there’s gold in there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, lots of gold there, and under highway 20/49 in the Grass Valley area.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Somebody made money hauling that out

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Hey Boomer. Love the Hula girl. cool

But I think you need a plastic Jesus too. wink

Thanks. She's doesn't have a pretty face, so I have her turned to see a hip and a hint of ass.

Admittedly conflicted with the other.... TTYL

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
645 members (01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 70 invisible), 2,776 guests, and 1,368 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,654
Posts18,399,211
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.