W
LOOKING FOR MODEL 70 WINCHESTER FAJEN RIFLES PLEASE

"live to hunt hunt to live"
GB1

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
A bit vague!!! Does that mean an interest in any Winchester in a [bleep] Stock???
Edit note: My "F" manufacturer's name evidently triggered some "Bleep" censor monitor feature! (:!

Inquiring 'polite' minds...
Best!
John

Last edited by iskra; 09/08/21.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I believe there was a run stocked by Fajen IIRC.

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by iskra
A bit vague!!! Does that mean an interest in any Winchester in a [bleep] Stock???
Edit note: My "F" manufacturer's name evidently triggered some "Bleep" censor monitor feature! (:!

Inquiring 'polite' minds...
Best!
John

Shame on you John for using the "F" word!!!! As for the op, it is kind of vague. I've seen some of the Fajen equipped rifles. One was a commemorative NRA special classic CRF. Its chambered in 30-06 and that sob is a shooter. I know where it's at and I'd buy it if the owner would sell it to me. We were actually both watching it on gunbroker and we both bid on it, but he wanted it more than I did...

It was just like this one

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
OK!!! Not a "Pre '64", that making all the difference in my vocabulary! My dumb 'assumption of different animal'. I do appreciate the "Post '90", Winchester CRF "Classic" era revived. So the "F" name title/moniker; reference essentially amounting to a "Super Grade" configuration, if by another name! From the Web citation... One handsome rifle there! Moreover, the "F" type of which I've never previously even heard!

Now that you all have 'opened the door'... I'd like to know all about such factory genre! The Internet description, a great primer; where can I find all the nitty-gritty details! "Centerfolds preferably inclusive Oh my! smile smile smile

The aside, pix below: My case for "ordinary Super Grade" configurations... .338, '93, a store closing - 'close out' and 338 Win Mag, Super Grade '60 vintage, remaining personal 'configuration' preference as executed! Adding pix of Lyman 48, Third Model installed- no stock inletting required - for 'interest only'. Pix below!
Best!
John

Attached Images
R63-1x.jpg (27.62 KB, 252 downloads)
R421-1.jpg (31.16 KB, 255 downloads)
R421-8.jpg (19.94 KB, 250 downloads)
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
OK!!! Not a "Pre '64", that making all the difference in my vocabulary! My dumb 'assumption of different animal'. I do appreciate the "Post '90", Winchester CRF "Classic" era revived. So the "F" name title/moniker; reference essentially amounting to a "Super Grade" configuration, if by another name! From the Web citation... One handsome rifle there! Moreover, the "F" type of which I've never previously even heard!

Now that you all have 'opened the door'... I'd like to know all about such factory genre! The Internet description, a great primer; where can I find all the nitty-gritty details! "Centerfolds preferably inclusive Oh my! smile smile smile

The aside, pix below: My case for "ordinary Super Grade" configurations... .338, '93, a store closing - 'close out' and 338 Win Mag, Super Grade '60 vintage, remaining personal 'configuration' preference as executed! Adding pix of Lyman 48, Third Model installed- no stock inletting required - for 'interest only'. Pix below!
Best!
John

John, you will find them on gunbroker and gunsinternational from time to time. The one I shot that I mentioned in my previous post was bought off of gunbroker back in 2014 for less than $1,000.00. If I remember right, I stopped bidding at $870.00 and my buddy ended at $875.00!!!!! When I saw him at the range with that rifle, I had to shoot it. That was one hell of a coincidence. He shared the story of how he and another guy were bidding on it and he lucked out and got it for $875.00. That's when I said, yeah, you are lucky I stopped bidding on it!!!! I thought his was a "1 in 1,000" NRA commemorative rifle, but I may be wrong. Its probably a 1 in 650 rifle. My buddies rifle was not freefloated, but the way it shot, I don't think I would have changed a thing... Now, whether this is the rifle the op is asking about, is another question..

Another Fajen stocked model 70

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Thanks for bringing me up to speed BSA! A pity about that 'close second' bid! But if you'd bid higher, perhaps he's have ''upped too! I've never bought a gun through the big Internet auction houses and only several in one transaction on the Internet at all. My enjoyment as out & about... 'The chase!' Women & guns! Usually pretty lucky... With guns! smile smile smile

Re the "F" rifle, I'll 'stand pat' with mine above, thanks! Feeling I really 'lucked into" each of them! Just as finally, 'right woman!' Also, pardon but, long time NRA Benefactor Member; nowadays... Bad taste!

Again, thanks for the wisdom!

John

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Four of them currently on gunbroker if this is what the OP is seeking:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/911996933

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
They made nice stocks, have one on a Kleinguenther K-15

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Thanks for the Internet view of 'the creature'! Like the fiddleback wood. Beyond... "Striking", descriptive; "handsome" just not in my vocabulary for it. Nothing whatsoever "wrong", "bad", "ugly", etc., regarding that rifle. Believe it's just 'me'; aged and old fashioned. Too 'adjusted' to more classic context as my pix above suggesting. That maple stock, perhaps coloration toned down from matching accessory to some sort of roadway worker's visibility-vest! smile

A young acquaintance working at local library. She's quite pretty... That, 'but for...' Barbie Doll, twin pigtails in purple hair, the tattoos, and bright lipstick... I've shared with her softly, "If I were your father..." Her disgust melding over repetitive contacts, to friendship and quite civil, shared humor chats nowadays. "Different strokes for different folks!" How true.

Best!
John

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks for the Internet view of 'the creature'! Like the fiddleback wood. Beyond... "Striking", descriptive; "handsome" just not in my vocabulary for it. Nothing whatsoever "wrong", "bad", "ugly", etc., regarding that rifle. Believe it's just 'me'; aged and old fashioned. Too 'adjusted' to more classic context as my pix above suggesting. That maple stock, perhaps coloration toned down from matching accessory to some sort of roadway worker's visibility-vest! smile

A young acquaintance working at local library. She's quite pretty... That, 'but for...' Barbie Doll, twin pigtails in purple hair, the tattoos, and bright lipstick... I've shared with her softly, "If I were your father..." Her disgust melding over repetitive contacts, to friendship and quite civil, shared humor chats nowadays. "Different strokes for different folks!" How true.

Best!
John

Definitely not my cup of tea either buddy. The roll over cheek piece would bruise the hell out of my face and hurt like hell. The OP flew the coup long ago. Probably not liking the fajen rifles I presented. May he have better luck somewhere else..

BSA MAGA

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

248 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 300_savage, 1beaver_shooter, 34 invisible), 2,806 guests, and 1,028 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,625
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.