Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Morning everyone.
Headed out this morning for a 1000 yard match with a nightforce and a march.

dave

It must suck to get beat by a guy with a crummy Leupold.

The current loopie competition scope has 15.5 MOA per revolution on the vertical turret.
Not too hard to see that these Leopold geniuses don't spend too much time on a rifle range.
Dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Morning everyone.
Headed out this morning for a 1000 yard match with a nightforce and a march.

dave

It must suck to get beat by a guy with a crummy Leupold.

The current loopie competition scope has 15.5 MOA per revolution on the vertical turret.
Not too hard to see that these Leopold geniuses don't spend too much time on a rifle range.
Dave

Which one are you looking at? The ones I did all said 20 MOA per revolution.

https://www.leupold.com/vx-6hd-4-24x52-cds-zl2-side-focus-illum-tmoa as an example.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's a competition series the one I just looked at on there website says 7.5 per rev. I think that's actually worse.
Try figuring that mess out without a zero stop.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a competition series the one I just looked at on there website says 7.5 per rev. I think that's actually worse.
Try figuring that mess out without a zero stop.
dave

Must have been this one you were looking at. All their other competition scopes say 20 MOA each turn with 38 MOA max. Agree 7.5 seems really low.

https://www.leupold.com/competition-series-45x45mm-1-8-min-target-dot-riflescope

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've used Leupolds since the early 70's just out of high school. While in HS I had to use what I could afford, (a cheap beat up old used Weaver) but it did ok. After that it was nothing but Leupold for me until about a year ago and I found that because of my aging eyes I was seeing double crosshairs and I couldn't adjust the eyepiece far enough out to compensate for my eyes. So I started looking at something else and found that the Swarovski Z3 line worked with my eyes and had plenty of adjustment left.

So I started on a project to replace all my scopes with Swaro Z3. I've been handing down my Leupolds, most are VX3, to sons and daughter-in-laws who are happy to get them.

If it hadn't been for that I would still be using Leups and you wont catch me bad-mouthing their quality.

Last edited by AZmark; 09/11/21.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Hope you have better luck with the 1" Swaro scopes than I did. Between me and my buddy we had 3 go south on us. Specifically the 3.5-10x42's.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by AZmark
I've used Leupolds since the early 70's just out of high school. While in HS I had to use what I could afford, (a cheap beat up old used Weaver) but it did ok. After that it was nothing but Leupold for me until about a year ago and I found that because of my aging eyes I was seeing double crosshairs and I couldn't adjust the eyepiece far enough out to compensate for my eyes. So I started looking at something else and found that the Swarovski Z3 line worked with my eyes and had plenty of adjustment left.

So I started on a project to replace all my scopes with Swaro Z3. I've been handing down my Leupolds, most are VX3, to sons and daughter-in-laws who are happy to get them.

If it hadn't been for that I would still be using Leups and you wont catch me bad-mouthing their quality.

I started having the same problem with Leupolds and fine crosshairs (my favorite reticle), I mentioned it to my opthomoligist at my last checkup and he said that it caused because I was starting to develop a slight bit of astigmatism, which is correctable by glasses or contacts. I have found that it is not issue if I use a scope with the standard duplex which has a slightly heavier crosshair.

You might want to get an eye checkup to see if you are having the same issue.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by jorgeI
The only issue I have with them is they are HELL BENT on driving away traditional hunters/scope users. Otherwise, why do away with what was arguably two of their best? the 6X42 and 2.5X8X36? (and the B&C reticle)

I’ll add the VX-3 1.75-6x32 to your list and I don’t get why Leupold discontinued the VX-R line either.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have about 15 of them. Mostly VXII, VX2, and VX3. They work just fine for me. Had a handgun scope on a 357 maximum crater on me. Leupold fixed it free and returned it in 2-3 weeks.

NRA Patron
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
656 members (257Bob, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 71 invisible), 2,892 guests, and 1,408 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,656
Posts18,399,278
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.