That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

BP-B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Though not a rocket I enjoy driving the green one about as much as the white or grey ones. Turns out lots of folks grew up with a family Dart apparently.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Pre 68 XKE Jag roadster

Austin Healy 3000 w/roll up windows.

Gen 1 & 2 Vettes. High marks for a well done resto mod, something that could be used hard instead of looked at.

1937-38 Chevy coupe.

How bout a gasser of some sort. The style, & done right, would matter to me more than the year or model.

Lexus LC, etc., etc., etc.

Yeah, a wide reach. But I like "neat stuff" across the board.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Right now my current "dream/bucket list car" is a 2021 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack with a 392 cu. in. 485 hp V-8 and an 8 speed auto or steering wheel paddle shift tranny with lots of other bells and whistles on the 4 wheels. 3 configurable independent/you choose the combos mix and match driving modes with auto adjustable suspension for each. Great sound system by Alpine.

I have no idea at this moment what my next "dream car" might be, but I'm betting that I'll think of something in a year or so.

I'm well into my "newer technology" mode in life. I outgrew the "older" mode in cars about 15 years back.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Bighorn, apologies for dreaming about my wants, but you ask.

Congrats, big time, on your acquisition. The Cobra is effing beautiful. I hope you enjoy it to the fullest.

Please don't let the rev limiter rest!!

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
We still have the 67 Mustang i bought new in may of 67.

It'd be nice to have Northern Dave restore it.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great pics all.

But no street rods ?? confused

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by slumlord
Yall can have and enjoy your small pee-pee ED compensation euro sports coupe mid life crisis fàg wagons 😃

This right here son.....👍👍👍👍

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Dammit Slum, this would suit me to a T on my place & the fact all my trails & shooting range are closed off from falling Ash Bore kilt trees.

But we was just fantasizing for a bit.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Anything 68-72. Don’t really care what the top and bottom trim colors are either.

Except orange. Not orange.

Always drooled over them!

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Full on white trash special laugh

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by gunzo
Pre 68 XKE Jag roadster

Austin Healy 3000 w/roll up windows.

Gen 1 & 2 Vettes. High marks for a well done resto mod, something that could be used hard instead of looked at.

1937-38 Chevy coupe.

How bout a gasser of some sort. The style, & done right, would matter to me more than the year or model.

Lexus LC, etc., etc., etc.

Yeah, a wide reach. But I like "neat stuff" across the board.

I have a 1937 Pontiac 5 window coupe that I want to build into a gasser someday when I finish my other neglected projects.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by EdM
Though not a rocket I enjoy driving the green one about as much as the white or grey ones. Turns out lots of folks grew up with a family Dart apparently.

My first car was a 73 Dart. That lime green color.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by philgood80

Anything 68-72. Don’t really care what the top and bottom trim colors are either.

I had a 72 short bed K10 blue/white with identical trim to the one above and always regretted selling it. I currently have this 72 and it will be my last 'toy'. Not sure I'll keep the cowl hood - I prefer the stock look. Oh - I recently sold my 71 Blazer (orange grin).

[Linked Image from imgur.com]

Last edited by JGray; 09/09/21.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
The cars in this thread are obviously more than just transportation. I wonder what all they are. I've been a "car guy" myself and had a few project cars but my means were modest and there's not much worth noting here other than to say the passion towards machines is not foreign to me and that I've indulged it in various stages of my life. Presently, while I can admire and appreciate a lot of machines, I'm unable to muster the least bit of covetousness for a car, truck or motorcycle. What does the kind of car in this thread do for a person who owns it?

Does it establish or reinforce something about your identity?
Does it display something about your social status?
Does it display your wealth?
Is it a thrill and amusement to drive?
Is a it a project that keeps your mind occupied solving problems and engineering solutions?

No one displayed a race car. I will do that:

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

This is a Formula 3 car which can be raced for a season with a budget under a million dollars, maybe even just a quarter million depending on various factors. Obviously, doing something with a car is going to cost a lot more than just owning it. You could probably buy just the car in the picture for less than any one of many of the cars in this thread, but what use is it? Doing something with a car is more meaningful than just possessing it. I learned that the expensive way when I transitioned from owning track bikes to racing one. Trying to do something would have been much more affordable if I had begun with a motorcycle that cost me a small fraction of my total budget instead of a large portion of it like 15 or 20 percent. Instead of racing a motorcycle, I could have used the same money to buy a Porsche, but I remember talking to a guy at the track who was racing Porsches. He was spending my annual budget if one of this drivers just hit the curbing.

With racing, and I'm talking about racing to win championships not just turn laps on a glorified track day, I had clear goals and could persue them with strategies. Just acquiring something like Jay Leno buys stuff, I'm not sure it does anything I care for. I do sometimes enjoy a tinkering project, but if I wanted a thrill, I think it would have to be something other than a car -- keeping it strictly vehicular, maybe an airplane or a sail boat. When I was younger, I might have wanted to display wealth to gratify my ego or impress a woman (until I realized I had no use for that kind of woman). Now that I'm older, I'm more interested in sharing wealth than showing it off. I prefer things where I can put someone else in the driver's seat. As for social status, cars are useless. Maybe you're thinking that even being aware of your social status is vain and absurd, but you can't tell me that other people don't buy stuff like the vehicles in this thread as "status symbols." The thing is, if your status can be conveyed by a mere purchase, no matter the price, it isn't very high. I mean, even Bieber can buy lambos. So what does it say about your identity if you buy a D8 or a Pete 379 instead? That you're a redneck?

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
69 Mach 1. Although I’d like to have my 70 Nova SS back.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by 12344mag
[Linked Image from static2.hotcarsimages.com]

One day when I was 18 two of these passed me on Telegraph rd doing at least 140, one on each side, the noise was deafening and they shook my car like it was a rag doll.

Ever since then the Superbird has been a dream.

My uncle had a 1969 Super Bee when I was a kid.
It would bury the 160 mph speedometer.

I can still remember it like it was yesterday and this happened in 1982! When those two cars passed me it was pure violence and Horsepower, straight out of Detroit!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Western_Juniper
The cars in this thread are obviously more than just transportation. I wonder what all they are. I've been a "car guy" myself and had a few project cars but my means were modest and there's not much worth noting here other than to say the passion towards machines is not foreign to me and that I've indulged it in various stages of my life. Presently, while I can admire and appreciate a lot of machines, I'm unable to muster the least bit of covetousness for a car, truck or motorcycle. What does the kind of car in this thread do for a person who owns it?

Does it establish or reinforce something about your identity?
Does it display something about your social status?
Does it display your wealth?
Is it a thrill and amusement to drive?
Is a it a project that keeps your mind occupied solving problems and engineering solutions?

No one displayed a race car. I will do that:

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

This is a Formula 3 car which can be raced for a season with a budget under a million dollars, maybe even just a quarter million depending on various factors. Obviously, doing something with a car is going to cost a lot more than just owning it. You could probably buy just the car in the picture for less than any one of many of the cars in this thread, but what use is it? Doing something with a car is more meaningful than just possessing it. I learned that the expensive way when I transitioned from owning track bikes to racing one. Trying to do something would have been much more affordable if I had begun with a motorcycle that cost me a small fraction of my total budget instead of a large portion of it like 15 or 20 percent. Instead of racing a motorcycle, I could have used the same money to buy a Porsche, but I remember talking to a guy at the track who was racing Porsches. He was spending my annual budget if one of this drivers just hit the curbing.

With racing, and I'm talking about racing to win championships not just turn laps on a glorified track day, I had clear goals and could persue them with strategies. Just acquiring something like Jay Leno buys stuff, I'm not sure it does anything I care for. I do sometimes enjoy a tinkering project, but if I wanted a thrill, I think it would have to be something other than a car -- keeping it strictly vehicular, maybe an airplane or a sail boat. When I was younger, I might have wanted to display wealth to gratify my ego or impress a woman (until I realized I had no use for that kind of woman). Now that I'm older, I'm more interested in sharing wealth than showing it off. I prefer things where I can put someone else in the driver's seat. As for social status, cars are useless. Maybe you're thinking that even being aware of your social status is vain and absurd, but you can't tell me that other people don't buy stuff like the vehicles in this thread as "status symbols." The thing is, if your status can be conveyed by a mere purchase, no matter the price, it isn't very high. I mean, even Bieber can buy lambos. So what does it say about your identity if you buy a D8 or a Pete 379 instead? That you're a redneck?

Why are you so critical about how or why others choose to spend or might want to spend their own money on cars?

I like fast street/highway cars for driving because for me they are fun to drive, but I've never fantasized about being a Formula 3 racer. To each their own.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A nicely restored FJ40 or FJ43 would be all I'd want.

[Linked Image from car-from-uk.com]

[Linked Image from assets.fj.co]

Or the best of all worlds (old school looks and modern tech), an Icon LC FJ44.

[Linked Image from i.ytimg.com]

Last edited by DaveR; 09/09/21.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JGray
Originally Posted by philgood80

I had a 72 short bed K10 blue/white with identical trim to the one above and always regretted selling it. I currently have this 72 and it will be my last 'toy'. Not sure I'll keep the cowl hood - I prefer the stock look. Oh - I recently sold my 71 Blazer (orange grin).

[Linked Image from imgur.com]

Very nice! I had an 8th grade science teacher that had an old 3-door Suburban in orange. Loved the Burban but hated the color.

I could also like a Nomad!! Like Tim Allen had on Home Improvement.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
723 members (02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 91 invisible), 2,699 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,928
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.