Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Im back from my South African Bowhunting trip. I was fortunate to take 8 animals with a bow and most with my own homemade broadhead. Some have been asking to see the broadhead I designed. Here is a video of the 8 animals I took and that head.

This was just another business trip as I was doing field testing of several bowhunting Products I designed for my bowhunting company and for other bowhunting companies.

African animals are very durable. Shot placement is key. Several in our group of 10 did not come prepared and had some wounding losses.Some stopped bowhunting and took up rifles for the last few days to get it done. We ate plenty of the meat.. We had the liver from my wildebeest for breakfast one day. We ate the tenderloins for many meals all cooked over our open fire. Skinners and trackers got their share and the rest went to the locals. Nothing is wasted.

FYI, because of the blood and necropsy photos, Youtube will age restrict this video for some platforms.

Another adventure in the books.

Your pal
The Adventure Bowhunter

While bowhunting South Africa, I had the opportunity to use my thermal drone to help a fellow hunter find a warthog he arrowed but could not recover. He was hunting with a 400 grain total arrow weight and was using a 100 grain montec head. My total time searching was roughly a minute until I found the animal. Here is the video.

Lets the complaining begin. cry

Last edited by sharp_things; 09/12/21.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sharp_things
my bowhunting company

Link please.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great video! Congrats

All American

All the time
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Thanks for video.

Lots of off side bones hit, but surprised no pass throughs.

NRA Patron
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Originally Posted by sharp_things
my bowhunting company

Link please.

Ive sent it via PM as a few here would crap themselves if I posted that link here. They would melt down running to report that post. They are a funny bunch. I feel sad for them. Most of them are not even bowhunters so its odd they hang out in this forum area.

Originally Posted by dale06
Thanks for video.

Lots of off side bones hit, but surprised no pass throughs.

Yes, African game is far more durable and sturdy than North American game. They have bones not easily breached with an arrow. While I broke those bones in a few cases it did not result in a pass through but by then Id gone through the heart so it was a moot point.

Originally Posted by Stan V
Great video! Congrats

Thanks. It appears nearly everybody here watched. The viewership numbers on that video (a private and unlisted video link only supplied here so as to gauge viewership from this post) are one of the highest ive seen from this group.

This past weekend was the bowhunting opener here in my state. It was very hot. I have deer come by but not the exact one I was hoping for. With the heat, I passed and shot this 10 point with my camera. There is a larger 9 point on my land that Im hoping to get a crack at.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
IC B2

E
E
Take a picture of a buck in your backyard, crop it, photoshop your junk out of the background, and pass it off as a hunting trip. Sad.

Last edited by MuldoonManor; 09/20/21.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I'm curious you went that route with your broad head. My PH is adamant, I mean absolutely adamant on 2 blade fixed broad heads with absolutely NO bleeders.

Says bleeders and the like are prone to get stuck in bone. He doesn't want anything impeding the arrow going through bone.

But I'd like to learn more. Please PM your co. info. Thanks. TS

Last edited by Tony_Soprano; 09/21/21.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Tony_Soprano
I'm curious you went that route with your broad head. My PH is adamant, I mean absolutely adamant on 2 blade fixed broad heads with absolutely NO bleeders.

Says bleeders and the like are prone to get stuck in bone. He doesn't want anything impeding the arrow going through bone.

But I'd like to learn more. Please PM your co. info. Thanks. TS

Interesting. My PH was very anti expandable, but open to most fixed. I used some Magnus stingers with bleeders and some Slick Tricks. Both worked great.

NRA Patron
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Awesome! I’ve always wanted to hunt Africa!

“One thorn of experience is worth a whole wilderness of warning.” - James Russell Lowell
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The High Fence Hunter.......... When he isn't hunting High Fence he is out poaching!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
658 members (1234, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 74 invisible), 2,917 guests, and 1,379 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,658
Posts18,399,290
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.