Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Many beautiful photos of Super Cubs and remote Alaska.

https://shaunlunt.typepad.com/shootings/2007/05/index.html

Last edited by AGL4now; 09/12/21.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
BP-B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
A shame, great photos, led a pretty admirable short life. But, there ain't no old bold pilots. You are betting your life on the internal combustion engine when you push STOL to the very limits.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is awesome. Such beautiful photos and places. Wish you well and God bless

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I really enjoyed this, thanks alot.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice pics. Aviation, even back country flying, can really be pretty safe but it's unforgiving of sloppiness.

https://www.akfatal.net/Lunt%2006-06-08.htm

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Bud Helmricks said in his book, "Bush Pilot" that "one can play cat and mouse with Alaska's weather. Just remember who is mouse."

That might be paraphrased a bit.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
That young man did in one summer what took me 50+ years to see driving Super Cubs.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Hunting sheep in the Alaska range I walked up a pass. At the top was the wreckage of a plane that made an error.
I was going to take the piece of dash , but left it instead.
I always wondered who it was and what happened.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Some of those Passes have a dozen or more wrecked planes. One looks like a junk yard. There are planes up there full of humans, that it was too dangerous to access the crash site.

IC B3

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Definitely worth clicking the link and looking at the photos and his website. Just amazing country.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Tag[to spend more time checking out the photography].
Thanks for posting the link.

FJB & FJT
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

ALASKA IS ON MY BUCKET LIST !

Dirty Harry

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Sad to see. Those are some really amazing pictures though, it looks even better in person. My wife and I just honeymooned all over the Kenai Peninsula. Some of these places look very familiar.

-Life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun-
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
superb!
nice picture...thanks for sharing

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Seeing is not experiencing

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter

So very true.......

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter

It can be, if you spend 40+ Years flying your own Super Cubs, and your employers Super Cubs all over Alaska, and ferrying aircraft back and forth from the lower 48.

(You also get to experience heart stopping fear, plus "experience" the thrill of crashing three times)

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by AGL4now

It can be, if you spend 40+ Years flying your own Super Cubs, and your employers Super Cubs all over Alaska, and ferrying aircraft back and forth from the lower 48.

(You also get to experience heart stopping fear, plus "experience" the thrill of crashing three times)

I think he was referring to experiencing the backcountry rather than the experience of flying over it..

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by AGL4now

I think he was referring to experiencing the backcountry rather than the experience of flying over it..

Oh......Experiencing like living on majestic "Lake Clark" or like homesteading 50 years ago in the "Clearwater Country" by the headwaters of the Mighty Susitna River.......???

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
701 members (12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 76 invisible), 2,988 guests, and 1,385 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,681
Posts18,399,659
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.