Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ltppowell
The inability to get the things that keep even my one-man business working is really frustrating. I can't imagine what is doing to the overall economy.

The REAL economy.

Tell me about it. Been lucky so far and have come up with materials for two long term jobs because I knew what I needed when I started early this spring. Now that these jobs are about done I may be dead in the water for lack of materials on some jobs. A few customers are not happy with me.

Sherwin Williams just announced a 4% "Supply Chain Surcharge" on EVERYTHING that goes through the cash register.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Hidin-Biden was a year off in his 'long dark winter' prophecy IMHO

If the lack of goods/services carries into winter and continues growing at the recent pace the cold weather will only compound the problem.

FJB & FJT
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by renegade50
All part of the chinese economic war fare world wide game.

All goes back to materials, manufacturing, and cheap labor.
From buckethead central in one way or the other.

They can easily produce what they need, eat rice, and let the rest of the world collapse.

They have food problems. They are a clusterfck in their own right. The deal there is that people can't complain and the CCP lies about everything.

Feeding 1.4 billion people consistently through the year is no simple problem.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We've nearly quadrupled our inventory to stave off shortages. Lead times have gone from 10 days to 2-4 months on many items.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by renegade50
All part of the chinese economic war fare world wide game.

All goes back to materials, manufacturing, and cheap labor.
From buckethead central in one way or the other.

They can easily produce what they need, eat rice, and let the rest of the world collapse.

They have food problems. They are a clusterfck in their own right. The deal there is that people can't complain and the CCP lies about everything.

Feeding 1.4 billion people consistently through the year is no simple problem.

Yeah, if they lose 10% or even 20% of their population, their .gov wouldn't even blink, as long as the rest of the world suffers more.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by 280shooter
We've nearly quadrupled our inventory to stave off shortages. Lead times have gone from 10 days to 2-4 months on many items.

Hmmm ... so you're the reason for the shortages. LOL

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kenworthmis laying off 350 employees at it’s Chillicothe plant. They are out of DEF sensors, that check the quality of DEF in the tank. So, no new trucks shipped, even though the average lead time is well into 2022.

What’s even better is that this sensor tends to fial about every 300,000 miles, and the truck won’t run without it. So, hundreds, maybe thousands, of Kenworth trucks are parked at repair shops around the country, some for months, waiting for a stupid sensor.

It has gotten so bad that they are getting approval from the EPA to reflash the ECM’s to bypass the sensors so these guys can at least drive their trucks.

But it feels like we’re living out “Atlas Shrugged”.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The whole ,break America ,is in full swing. Break small business. Put 1,000s out of work. This will accelerate the process. When we are out of food sh it is , really going, to hit the fan.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, the good news....NeverTrumpers helped get Trump out of office.

All American

All the time
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not that long ago I could buy equipment parts and if they didnt have it they would have it the next morning. Now it is four or five days or they dont know when it will be here. I read there are hundreds of container ships waiting offshore to be unloaded. When that ship got stuck in the canal over there it backed up a lot of traffic. China is scared to death of Trump so they have to do all they can to destroy America before he takes office again. Could be lots of factors but the bottom line is we need to produce things in this country, not depend on foreign countries.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The days of Americans being able to choose between 8 different brands of pork-n-beans may have passed us by.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The democrat party is a wholly owned subsidiary of the CCP

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Stan V
Well, the good news....NeverTrumpers helped get Trump out of office.

and no more mean tweets, don’t ever forget the mean tweets!

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
The days of Americans being able to choose between 8 different brands of pork-n-beans may have passed us by.

Dan's conglomerate better not do away with all the private label stuff and only leave us with the Name Brands.

No more Kroger or Great Value would suck....................Yugely.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Remember when Boomers fell into despair over the impending loss of Twinkies?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Remember when Boomers fell into despair over the impending loss of Twinkies?

No.

I was concerned about the little chocolate "Donettes"..

And Ho-Hos and Ding Dongs.

In it is contentment

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seeing it big time in my business, especially parts coming in from Germany. Huge delays on shipping times, and lots of things simply not available and back ordered.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nobody carries inventory except in containers in transit from factory to final user. It "maximizes profit" only when things run smooth. And when sh6t hits, the ripples go back and forth and bounce off other ripples. But who is going to take the first step and build inventory -- I mean, after the backlogs start to clear? Look at ammo.....running 24 7 but they're absolutely not going to build any new iron that loses 80 percent of its value at the first duty cycle.

One small example of disruption: A couple of years ago, I decided I'd splurge and take the overnight train to Seattle. Bang on time at Whitefish, we left on schedule to the second. I'd gone nuts and bought "Pullman" sleeper space, so I tuck in, we're sailing along, pull into a remote siding and SIT. Sit some more. Sit some more. Finally, I got up and went to the diner where I knew the conductor would be. Freight we were supposed to meet had busted a knuckle, something which might have taken a half-hour to deal with in the "olden days." Well, the trainmaster had to get out of bed, go get a knuckle in town, drive it up into the mountains to a grade crossing, then schlep that knuckle up the tracks with the "conductor" et cetera ad nauseam. FIVE FACKING HOURS. Then they annulled the train at SPOKANE so instead of a nice sleeper ride, I had to ride a facking BUS to Seattle and got where I was going 12 hours late. Never did get a refund. But a knuckle is basically a "chip," and it took three days for the RR to clear its throat and run normally again. Oh, but it was so efficient until a hundred-dollar part broke.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dave,
In that vein, the ports were closed for how long?
How many workers have been sick? Around the sick?
Or just skeered to go to work💩? Lost them for 10+ days.

In a business thats so expensive and scheduled so tight.
Just exactly how do you get caught up?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by badger
Seeing it big time in my business, especially parts coming in from Germany. Huge delays on shipping times, and lots of things simply not available and back ordered.

My excavator is down because the wiring harness is FUBAR. Part is not even available in the Bobcat system for ordering. “Don’t call us, we’ll call you”........ thanks a lot, A-holes........

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

231 members (12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 22kHornet, 10Glocks, 257 roberts, 24 invisible), 2,328 guests, and 927 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,718
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.