Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Wicked schidt...
You'll feel like you're twenty years old again and with a bad attitude. ....

LMAO ! Truth... I took a couple courses of prednisone last year after my surgery. Yeah I was feeling pretty good as well. My daughter, an FNP, told me that Prednisone was one of the most "requested" drugs in her practice. Old geezers get jacked up and feeling good while taking prednisone. And then come back begging for more when the script runs out. Just like junkies hooked on pain pills...

🤣

I asked my MD for a maintenance does of the stuff. He laughed and said if it didn't have all of the nasty side effects he'd be taking it full time too. It works pretty well for treating the bronchitis I get once in a while also.

You guys aren't kidding! I was diagnosed with sarcoidosis at end of 2020. Started a heavy dose of 50mg daily and it kicked ass in getting me lined back out. I'm down to a measly 5mg daily now, and I had no side effects other than I wanted to camp out by the refrigerator. Was down to 202lbs (haven't weighed that since high school), and am now back to fighting weight of 230. I feel like a million bucks. Good luck chl, I'm betting it'll do wonders for you.

Thanks JG

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
And thanks to everyone else for all the encouraging replies

Just walking to the crapper is pure agony. I think I might of gotten two hours of sleep all of last night.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 09/13/21.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Prednisone is my choice for a flare up.

Indomethacin is brutal on your stomach. Colchicine is brutal on your butthole.

That said, I haven’t had a gout attack since 2007, and man I used to get them!

ULORIC!

Allopurinol kept me right on the edge of constant disaster.

Uloric is much more effective for me as a daily.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by strikeu
I've dealt with gout for 20 years. you can (sortof) control it with diet, but if you have hyperuricemia, you're always living right on the edge, almost ANYTHING can set it off and there's not a doctor on the planet that can tell you exactly what will set it off, it varies by person. My Uric acid would be off the chart without allopurinol and Colchicine. all the NSAIDS in the world won't help (I have had pretty much all of them from plain old Motrin to indomethacin and beyond) Prednisone is a corticosteroid, I tried that too, it took a week or more to get over that flare up, maybe it was just me but that was garbage. The best thing, seriously is Allopurinol and Colchicine, just keep taking it... you stop taking it, you're fooked.

There is the truth.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RickBin
Prednisone is my choice for a flare up.

Indomethacin is brutal on your stomach. Colchicine is brutal on your butthole.

That said, I haven’t had a gout attack since 2007, and man I used to get them!

ULORIC!

Allopurinol kept me right on the edge of constant disaster.

Uloric is much more effective for me as a daily.

Yep. I was SO Glad when the Doc prescribed Prednisone.

I have enough stomach problems between gall bladder removal and being borderline IBS. 😬

Slum also mentioned Uloric. I’ll ask the Doc about getting some.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 09/13/21.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Only thing I can take what with chronic kidney issues. Indomethacin was the drug of choice but hard on kidneys. I've done colchicine (major schittz).

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My buddy had a flare up a few weeks ago. Went to urgent care. They have him prednisone and indomethocin. He said it worked within a day.

We’ve both successfully used colchicine but it’s hard to work when you’re [bleep] your guts out. I don’t think colchicine really stops gout, you’re just so focused on not [bleep] yourself you forget the foot pain.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
I was prescribed indomethacin for flare ups but it sucked. Best thing I ever took was 800 mg ibuprofen. Pain went away within an hour or so. Apparently, prednisone is supposed to work as well as ibuprofen.

If you quit taking cocks up your ass it probably wouldn’t flare up to begin with.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cheesy
My buddy had a flare up a few weeks ago. Went to urgent care. They have him prednisone and indomethocin. He said it worked within a day.

We’ve both successfully used colchicine but it’s hard to work when you’re [bleep] your guts out. I don’t think colchicine really stops gout, you’re just so focused on not [bleep] yourself you forget the foot pain.

LOL. That stuff gives me the squirts like no other Medicine.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I take 400 mg allopurinol every day, otherwise, gout would have me down and out. Good stuff, but you have to stick with it.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
So far, the Prednisone The Doc prescribed is working like a miracle drug. Finally getting some relief!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Everybody’s gout is different. Ibuprofen doesn’t touch mine, indomethacin works but is hard on my belly. Pred really is a miracle drug for asthma/bronchitis and gout in my personal experience. Fwiw I’ve never had any of the side effects others not with it.

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Everybody’s gout is different. Ibuprofen doesn’t touch mine, indomethacin works but is hard on my belly. Pred really is a miracle drug for asthma/bronchitis and gout in my personal experience. Fwiw I’ve never had any of the side effects others not with it.

Yep. Ibuprofen and NSAID’s wouldn’t even touch mine.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 09/14/21.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Took some this morning to see if it would help with the arthritis, noticeable improvement.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Took some this morning to see if it would help with the arthritis, noticeable improvement.

Which one Roger ?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I've never had trouble with prednisone, and quite the opposite it makes my lungs and body feel very good. I have a suspect belief that I suffer from some kind of arthritis condition because I'm racked in paid in my whole body and it's been like this since childhood. But yeah, the gout is perhaps some of the nastiest stuff to deal with besides a traumatic injury.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Which one Roger ?
Prednisone 5mg, my dad has a bunch of them that he doesn't take anymore.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Which one Roger ?
Prednisone 5mg, my dad has a bunch of them that he doesn't take anymore.

It seems to be helping with my arthritis too, Roger. Good stuff, evidently. I here the long term side effects aren’t good, though.

Hope your Dad is feeling much better !

Last edited by chlinstructor; 09/14/21.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Are you going any diet changes to stop recurrent episodes?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by goalie
Are you going any diet changes to stop recurrent episodes?

Yes. But this is the first “episode” I’ve had in 7 years.
Probably too many cheeseburgers. 😬

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
790 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 87 invisible), 3,152 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,708
Posts18,400,128
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.