Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Heading back to in-person college. He’s not far, but he’s not under my roof. This really sucks.

And yeah, I know it’s a vital part of the process. If you bring them up right, they leave. Find their own adventures, follow their own paths, become who they were meant to be.

Doesn’t make it easy for the mom and dad they leave behind.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
GB1

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
It does, before long you will pray they don’t come back, believe it or not. It killed me when my boy joined the service, his mother rejoiced.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Mine aren’t given a choice.

Get the fugk out.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Absolutely tore me up when my son went off to Penn State. Daughter left two years for Indiana University. Nooooo problem. Go figure.

Home for wayward neglected 99's.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I’m with flav
5 years old,get out ya freeloader...

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Ahhhhh....

Missing em is a temporary feeling....

They gotta leave sometime..
18 to 22 is good. HS or College Grad......
They either sink or swim.

Failure to launch 20 somethings to SS recipients living at home waiting to inherit ftom 82 yr old parents or parent kicking the bucket.......
Meh ........

Last edited by renegade50; 09/15/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
On my door after HS graduation, a note stated, "Life is now in session, are your present? Rent due tomorrow."

Last edited by sactoller; 09/15/21.

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Heading back to in-person college. He’s not far, but he’s not under my roof. This really sucks.

And yeah, I know it’s a vital part of the process. If you bring them up right, they leave. Find their own adventures, follow their own paths, become who they were meant to be.

Doesn’t make it easy for the mom and dad they leave behind.

P

I have 4 in various stages of this pipeline. Its all good. Not easy, I get it. Hang in there Pops!

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All three of mine commuted from home for their undergrad. State university is 25 miles away.

No sense in paying out of state tuition, housing, meal plan for electives, humanities and core classes. And many of them are online

I know other parents that have done that. Pay $10k a semester for 1000 level classes at a school 500 miles away. Which is kind of dumb too, some of those could have been conquered in high school with AP. ‘middle college’ and dual enrollment options.

But to each his own

B
Bry Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
My eldest heads out next fall, we’ve been dang near attached at the hip since he was old enough to walk. I’ve already started wondering what I’ll do with myself without having him around. The kid is a hunting and fishing animal, since this will be the last fall we’ll have to get out together as we please the plan is to make it count.

IC B3

J
JDK Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
My parents wrapped my lunch in road maps from day 1 of kindergarten.

B
Bry Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by slumlord
All three of mine commuted from home for their undergrad. State university is 25 miles away.

No sense in paying out of state tuition, housing, meal plan for electives, humanities and core classes. And many of them are online

I know other parents that have done that. Pay $10k a semester for 1000 level classes at a school 500 miles away. Which is kind of dumb too, some of those could have been conquered in high school with AP. ‘middle college’ and dual enrollment options.

But to each his own

Depending on the spring semester mine will have a year of college under his belt when he graduates HS. He’s currently taking two classes and will need another English class to wrap it up. He’s already informed his mother that if there’s a conflict with baseball he’s not doing it, he’ll double up later. There’s only two schools in the state that offer the major he’s interested in but knocking that first year off will help.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Both of ours well out of the nest and successfully on their own. Both college grads.
Both went to out of state schools. I think going to college and living away from mom/dad is a part of maturation. Hated to see them go, but glad they did.

NRA Patron
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Feeling the way you feel with your son off to college is a testament to the love you have for him and it’s something to be proud of. The love you have for him is likely to be passed on and in the years to come he’ll likely feel that same feeling for his children when they leave the nest. Close family relationships are of immense benefit to this country! The “new normal” of the past few decades has been an insidious movement towards dysfunction and indifference which doesn’t benefit the family, the individual or society. I’ll take your attitude over indifference and dysfunction. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I walked out of the house when I was 18 joined the usarmy scared to death. Couldn't wait to leave home

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Feeling the way you feel with your son off to college is a testament to the love you have for him and it’s something to be proud of. The love you have for him is likely to be passed on and in the years to come he’ll likely feel that same feeling for his children when they leave the nest. Close family relationships are of immense benefit to this country! The “new normal” of the past few decades has been an insidious movement towards dysfunction and indifference which doesn’t benefit the family, the individual or society. I’ll take your attitude over indifference and dysfunction. 😉

We’ll said.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

We’ll said.

Yes, very well said.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

We’ll said.

Yes, very well said.

+1

My son is my best friend, my pard, my hunting partner. He is in med school and I could not be more proud of him but damn do I miss him!

My daughter is going to a 4 year University only 20 min from the house. She lives at home. She was about to move into her dorm last year but everyone got kicked out because of the Chinese flu. I am glad she is home and it also saves me a lot of money.

I really love my kids and wish I could go back 20 years to raise them all over again. What a blessing!

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Kind of a shock when first one goes.
Adjust and kick the others in the ass....

I am sóoooo ready for empty nest.

The ol lady, middle and youngest kid, and the two crackhead cats.....GTFO!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I kicked my son out when he was 15. Of course, that lasted about 6 hours. That went on for a couple of years, until he joined the USMC. It wasn't much better when he got out after 4 years. In his words..."Nobody will ever tell me what to do again."

Then came my first grandchild. Then another.

Now, we couldn't be closer and I couldn't be prouder.

Take that for what it's worth.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (11point, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 55 invisible), 2,978 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,352
Posts18,468,867
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.