R
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Nice, still trying for a 30"er !!

So, so many 29+.

One day !

Yeah, my biggest was barely over 28". 😟

You're sad about that? lol That's a big ass walleye.

On Devils Lake in ND, I caught a 26" and a 28" back to back. Through them back and then almost immediately hooked into a lunker. Got it up to the boat twice and it had to have been close to 32". My buddy got it excited and lunged at it with the net, hit my line and popped the hook out of it's mouth.

DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!

lol....big galut

I think my biggest in Mn is just shy of 27"

Last edited by Rooster7; 09/15/21.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Got a few trail cams out last Sunday. I was flying solo so all I did was put them up. It was raining the entire time so I didn’t spend a lot of time mucking around. Put one up in a new spot Jack and I found last winter.

Kinda looks like nobody is hunting around there so it might be a decent block of woods.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good $hit Tom !!

Took this coming back from scouting, last night;

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Cool pic!!

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Man, I love the fall !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
If the calendar only held six Octobers it still would not be enough!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by rflshtr
If the calendar only held six Octobers it still would not be enought!

Especially when the weather is like this.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tis that time of year. And with the absence of gophergummer, we're left with a lacuna from his annual mawkish tidings. If I may;

The sun kisses the morning skies
The birds kiss the butterflies
The dew kisses the morning grass

whistle whistle

Good luck to all hunters this year.

WWP53D
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
laugh laugh

IC B3

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I went out a few days ago when the weather was a little cooler to sit in a new spot until dark, bow hunting opened Oct 1st. I saw six deer in the last hour or so of daylight and 3 of them were bucks. First there were 3 does then a six point & a smaller eight then a larger eight which I ended up shooting. There is at least one other buck bigger than this one but I was sitting on a log (wind was wrong for my ladder stand) and it was just to perfect an opportunity to pass up.
A few days later I went back there and pulled the card from my camera. The buck I shot should have been right in front of the camera when I shot him & I was expecting to see something quite interesting.

This is the buck I shot and the second pic is of a bigger one standing a few feet from where I shot the 8 point. I have no idea how I didn't see him but I suspect he was with the small 8 point & maybe I was focused to much on the smaller buck!

The camera recorded the six point and the ten point but not the 3 does or the small 8 or the one I shot. It didn't record me walking right behind where the 10 point is standing either. It took pictures the next several days but for whatever reason it didn't capture what I was kind of hoping to see & it did capture what I never knew was there. I am not at all unhappy about the buck I took but I am amazed that I never saw the bigger one. He was pretty much right in front of where I was sitting and only 25 - 30 yards away.

Makes me wonder how much we really miss seeing every time we're in the woods. Good luck to all of you in the near future.[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Awesome buck Jim!!

Congrats for breaking the ice.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm closing on a place outside of Zimmerman on 15 acres on the Friday before early antlerless season.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bucktail
I'm closing on a place outside of Zimmerman on 15 acres on the Friday before early antlerless season.

Congrats bucktail. Nice deer around there. My huntin' bud took the muzzleloader buck below outside of Big Lake in 2019.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by bucktail

Sweet! Congrats. Plenty of deer that way.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by SKane
Tis that time of year. And with the absence of gophergummer, we're left with a lacuna from his annual mawkish tidings. If I may;

The sun kisses the morning skies
The birds kiss the butterflies
The dew kisses the morning grass

whistle whistle

Good luck to all hunters this year.

rolling, lol.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
We got back tonight from a fun trip to the WI camp. We have 2 new hunters in the making. Pics to follow tomorrow. I’m beat. Lol

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We got back tonight from a fun trip to the WI camp. We have 2 new hunters in the making. Pics to follow tomorrow. I’m beat. Lol

You know, some of us were waiting for pics.......

😉

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by goalie

You know, some of us were waiting for pics.......

😉

Crap. I got lazy and work got in the way....no it didn't. laugh

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
It's the time of the year we all love. My boy finally got some time off of football on a weekend to come with his dad and get stands ready. I hung some trail cams a few weeks ago. So, we planned on swapping cards there too. We had to pull down one stand we're not using, put up one for the man-child, clear some shooting lanes for the old man, get a new spot for a blind cleared out, and maybe do some shooting. Oh yeah, and ride the wheelers and stop at Grandma and Grandpa's on the way home. Whew....long activity packed day.

Last fall when my daughter was 2 she really wanted to go with us. She was just too tiny to come into the woods. But I told her when the leaves change next year I'll take you. Well I'll be dipped if she didn't remember that. So, dad had to take her. She's my little shadow and she LOVES her big brother so, there is probably not much of a chance I'll ever be in the woods without her again. grin And that's fine with me.

My youngest stepdaughter has shown some real interest in the outdoors this season. She's a giant sweetheart and makes us all laugh. So, if she wants to come along, she's coming along!!

The first stop was to put up Jack's treestand. His area was logged at some point this summer. But I think it worked out for the better. They cleared a bunch of what I call "pin oak" out from the red pines and jack pines. It really opened up the shooting for him.

The tree between me and Layna is where his stand went up.

It was really tough to keep a 3 year old upright, but she did OK. We tried to stick to deer trails when we were walking. It took a bit longer but she didn't break any bones.

Then we got to the fun stuff. She's been on the wheelers around the yard but never on a trail. So it was go time and she was geared up. BTW...picking a helmet for an almost 4 year old is quite a challenge. lol

Sissy selfie while the boys were in the woods swapping cards. She had enough walking in the woods at this point. We were about 5 hours into the adventure when she took this pic.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/o8Z487r.jpg?2[/img]

I don't have any of the shooting for some reason. I was too busy keeping people out of the way and resetting targets to get pics I guess. It was a fun weekend.

We're going to try to get Layna her first deer this year. She asked if she could hunt. So yeah, she can hunt. laugh

Last edited by tzone; 10/19/21.

Page 1,810 of 1,842 1 2 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
146 members (35, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 2UP, 300_savage, 160user, 14 invisible), 1,843 guests, and 842 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,778
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.