-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can also continue up 555 to Driftwood. Nice bar/restaurant there. Then turn right ( east ) on rt 120 and continue to Sinnamahoning. Nice drive and there's usually elk to be seen.

GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Teeder is correct, the drive along Rt 555 to Sinnamahoning is scenic beautiful drive. Especially pretty in the fall color and with a early snowfall in bear & deer season. Sinnamahonig is where I took my bear to the bear check station 1976. Yep I am old ! One of the best days of my young life... 28 then. : )
HH

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you continue on down 120 to Cooks Run, this side of Kettle Creek, that's where we've hunted bears for many years.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
9/9/21 Saw some turkeys today @ 3:46pm by the apple trees but in the field. Was on in the late evening for 15 minutes saw nothing @ 7:30 to 7:49pm. Was dissapointed, Then around 2:49am 9/10/21 again nothing. Don't be dissapointed... the Rut will happen ! : ) Teeder thank you for the bear info. I shot mine that year, N of Emporium, SGL... head of Parker Run McKean County.. small female previously wounded by another hunter. HH

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
9/10/21 6:34 to 6:48am No deer or elk for viewing in that time for me on Camera 2 . I also checked Camera 1 No elk there either. Maybe they slept in. : ) HH

Last edited by Hungry Horse; 09/10/21. Reason: correction
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
7:13am 9/10/21 Yep they slept in.. : ) a bull elk and deer out now on Camera 2 in the field, deer by the apple tree. HH

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I can't get it to move this morning. So far this season I've only seen elk once. I've seen quite a few deer and some turkeys. I don't spend much time watching it, though.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Rock Chuck: I have had that happen also other times, seems like camera operator is on a break, maybe the internet connection is not strong to camera. That bull this morning was not there after I posted and went back, like 3 min and gone. I once saw 27 elk move through the field 2 years ago with big herd bull. That only lasted about 8 min, it was mid Oct, a cooler light rain day in Benzette around 2:30pm, which surpised me with that time. Got to be on at the right time, right day. People have seen bears here, I have never seen a bear on the cams here. Enjoy 24Hr Campfire members. HH

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Just saw the llnk to the Virgina web cam for viewing elk there. Nice... link below. A larger viewing area.

https://dwr.virginia.gov/elk-cam/ Enjoy 24 Hr Campfire members. HH

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
5;26pm 9/10/21 Just saw a coyote under the apple tree on Camera 2, searching then chewing something he had found... perhaps a field mouse. He was there 2 minutes then ran up to the road stopped a minute then ran across the far field into the woods. My first coyote sighting here. Have seem deer elk turkeys and now a coyotes, still need to see a bear here. Enjoy and be patient, or just lucky like me. : ) HH

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
5:32pm 9/10/21 He is back !!! I get back on web came at 5:32pm and the coyote is back under the apple tree. Snooped around for 5 min. I had to leave then, will be back later. HH : )

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
21:22 or 9:22pm 9/10/21 Huge bull on web cam. ! I had seen two bulls a little earlier, one I believe was this big one. I also saw a coyote around 5:30pm, he ran off after eating something, a field mouse perhaps, then came back. But... this bull is a 7x7 at least. Trophy bull ! Enjoy, HH

It was a good day !

Last edited by Hungry Horse; 09/10/21. Reason: word choice rephrased
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
HH,
Glad that you got to see them!

I was looking earlier last night, and didn't see anything, and nothing earlier this morning, with the exception of a Doe!

I did see a few deer go through the Yard this morning, out my office Window, but that's a regular Luxurious occurrence!

Yeah! We've been Blessed!

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
HunterShooter58; I guess I am just lucky to come on the streaming video at the right time to see all I did yesterday. Happy to hear you have a regular flow of wildlife in your neighborhood ! Those who appreciate and love mother nature and wildlife, will always be blessed. . Especially... if you help with the Conservation efforts in your area. HH

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Right now there's nothing there and I can hear what sounds like people talking loudly. It's not the first time this year either. IDK about others but this year's sightings seem to be way down.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
I'm wondering if Wardens were checking their Cams, or just looking around?
Also, wondering, if you had some kind of electrical interference, like I get sometimes on my Home Security Cam!

Hoping not a lot of people go there now, for OUR selfish viewing! LOL!

Elk, like the Deer don't like a lot of Company, usually!

Yeah, I know that there's exceptions!

Nothing for me last night and this morning!

Last edited by HunterShooter58; 09/12/21.

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Hunter Shooter and streaming Elk cam viewers: It has been my experience when actually in Benezette Pa up on Winslow Hill, that the elk when in full Rut, do NOT care if folks are nearby, they are so accustomed to folks and the Rut has their mind totally preoccupied with SEX & MATING, that they don't care, especially in Benezette at that time, mid to late Sept. I had a big 4x8 bull walk right by the little movie theatre that the Pa Game Comm used to show movies in, there were 30+ people watching that movie as he walked by 20 yds away from the structure and folks, then raking a sapling. I saw a 5x5 with 50 people around up continue to trash a sapling as a young girl walked towards him with a apple at her dad's coaching : ( foolish ! And as I once stood by a roadside berm at a farm on Winslow Hill...l called a big bull off the hill with my bugle call, he charged off the hill and stood there looking at me offering my challenges. Might not have been a smart thing then ! : ) During the Rut... they seem unaffected by our presence and accept us watching them. But they can still be agressive with out notice... be cautious ! You will get some great photos and videos then. I also have heard folks voices in the later afternoon on the streaming elk cam, I believe this viewing field, may be below the Elk County Visitors musuem, and folks walk down there. Just a guess. The museum is a cool place, visit it if you have time. HH

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
HH,
I can relate to your Comment! LOL!!!

Thanks for the info!

HS58

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
1:11am 9/16/21 Heard one bugle at 1:09am , the lighting is so bad at night... have not seen him yet. Last few days I have been on many times and have not seen any critters any time, did hear one though. The magical time is near in my experience... keep looking especially after 6:00pm. HH

Last edited by Hungry Horse; 09/15/21. Reason: correction
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Good news, and great Tip!

Can't Wait!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

625 members (10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 007FJ, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 16penny, 58 invisible), 2,363 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,253
Posts18,466,977
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.