Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
When something is shipped, Midway USA sends a notification of that fact. I got that yesterday from them regarding some lead round balls. When it's delivered, I get an email from them, also. But the odd thing this time is that the delivery confirmation email came in at 6:07 AM this morning, delivered (it said) by the US Postal Service. What the heck? The US Mail doesn't deliver to my house at 6:07 AM. Eleven the earliest. So I go out and look for the package, and it's nowhere. Not in the mailbox. Not inside my gate. Those are the only two places they leave packages. So now I've got to contact Midway and tell them something screwy is going on.

First of all, how do they ship it yesterday and have it arrive today, let alone at 6:07 AM? I'd think that's physically impossible.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I am going to guess that this is one of those extraordinarily rare instances where USPS screwed up. They likely accidentally coded delivered instead of out for delivery or some other action.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
“Thanks for your business!”

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I am going to guess that this is one of those extraordinarily rare instances where USPS screwed up. They likely accidentally coded delivered instead of out for delivery or some other action.

Given my experience with the postal service this would be my first guess. Midway's email may be automated, and triggered by input from USPS.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

Correct, except the “extraordinary rare.”

NRA Patron
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The USPS tracking is close to worthless. It's rarely accurate.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dale06

Correct, except the “extraordinary rare.”

My tongue may have wandered off into my cheek while I was typing that part.

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Dont waste your time calling them. I bet you receive an updated tracking info at some point today with the correction.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
my guess also, it is marked as being at the local USPS office or sectional facility.

the P.O. certainly requires patience....

Their new Motto : "when its here, its here...." they stole that from Walmart

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Thanks, folks. Yeah, I'll just wait a few days and see what happens.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by killerv
Dont waste your time calling them. I bet you receive an updated tracking info at some point today with the correction.

you can actually CALL someone at the P.O. and Get an Answer???

Did the person who answered actually speak understandable English????

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 16penny, 17CalFan, 66 invisible), 2,345 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,222
Posts18,466,460
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.