Hop To
#16443581 09/17/21
R
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMRXeL7vy/

Was sent this link. I don't have tiktok and can only watch a couple minutes before it shuts off. Sounds interesting....

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have heard of this before. I'm not sure how true this may be, but it would not surprise me in the least if it was.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
are transhumans subject to the laws of the land?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
https://www.aap.com.au/vaccine-transhuman-claims-patently-wrong-on-us-supreme-court-ruling/

University of Utah law professor and adjunct professor in human genetics Jorge Contreras, who has written a book on the Myriad Genetics Supreme Court case, told AAP FactCheck the claims in the Instagram post are “patently absurd”.

Prof Contreras said the post was correct that the Supreme Court ruled human DNA could not be patented because it was a product of nature. However, the same ruling did not determine that the human genome could be patented if it was modified, or that those who received a vaccine which modified their genome could be patented, he added.

“Just because a patented substance is injected into a person, that does not, under even the wildest interpretation of patent law, mean that the person somehow becomes ‘patented’,” Prof Contreras said via email. “At the most basic level, the US Patent Act expressly prohibits patenting human organisms.”

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Dr Dre said you can’t copyright no beats

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
New Supreme Court Decision Rules Th...t Means for Research and Genetic Testing

By Megan Krench on July 9, 2013

In a unanimous decision last month, the Supreme Court ruled that naturally occurring genes are not patentable. But, said the Court, cDNA, a man-made copy of the genetic messenger in cells, is patentable. As a geneticist, I have my own opinions about this ruling. But the potential outcomes are important enough that all members of the public, not just biologists, should be equipped with the knowledge to evaluate it. The ruling may significantly affect patients’ access to genetic testing, and it sets an important precedent for future developments in the biotechnology sector.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I recall reading The Bioligocal Time Bomb back in the 70s, and thinking "mehhhh...what difference could it all make?"

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
someone here pointed me towards a novel about transhumanisim and radical militant-nazivironmentalists...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
Dr Dre said you can’t copyright no beats

Word

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's some crazy crap.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
We're all going to end up like Rob if all this genetic manipulation keeps up.

More human than human:

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
I have a strong preference for a manual but the wife likes the automatic when she goes to town.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I have a strong preference for a manual but the wife likes the automatic when she goes to town.

Ha ha.

Yeah, driving around Potlandia got tiresome for my wife in the standard transmission car. I hated it when I came back from work for the winter and had to use my truck there too. More stop lights in a couple of blocks than on the 50 mile drive to the big town for groceries or the doctor.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by flintlocke

Ha ha.

Yeah, driving around Potlandia got tiresome for my wife in the standard transmission car. I hated it when I came back from work for the winter and had to use my truck there too. More stop lights in a couple of blocks than on the 50 mile drive to the big town for groceries or the doctor.

G, you lived in Portland?

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
699 members (12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 76 invisible), 2,999 guests, and 1,386 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,681
Posts18,399,659
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.