Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
It’s important to understand that governments, NGOs, and even peer-reviewed scientific authors, are all subject to their own biases, regardless of claims to the contrary of complete objectivity.

Agreed. When I see a majority of qualified individuals agreeing on something, I trust in that however. It doesn't mean that new evidence cannot be discovered and brought to their attention for review in the future. That's part of the process.

WRT outlines, when I was stationed in Comox, I was employed as a flight safety investigator. Part of my job was examining flight incidents and accidents to determine cause(s). Sometimes, that involved going to experts for their analysis of evidence that was collected. These often took months to complete. The reports were fired up the chain for review. Often, my boss would come to me and say something like, "Bottom line, was there a person responsible for this, or was it something else?" He wanted a brief synopsis.

Humans like summaries and they are the easiest to use for people like myself who are not medical scientists.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
It’s important to understand that governments, NGOs, and even peer-reviewed scientific authors, are all subject to their own biases, regardless of claims to the contrary of complete objectivity.

Agreed. When I see a majority of qualified individuals agreeing on something, I trust in that however. It doesn't mean that new evidence cannot be discovered and brought to their attention for review in the future. That's part of the process.

WRT outlines, when I was stationed in Comox, I was employed as a flight safety investigator. Part of my job was examining flight incidents and accidents to determine cause(s). Sometimes, that involved going to experts for their analysis of evidence that was collected. These often took months to complete. The reports were fired up the chain for review. Often, my boss would come to me and say something like, "Bottom line, was there a person responsible for this, or was it something else?" He wanted a brief synopsis.

Humans like summaries and they are the easiest to use for people like myself who are not medical scientists.

The problem is that there is no way to know what the majority of qualified individuals think, because regular people don't have access to the thoughts and position of each qualified individual. A lot of people are deceived using this "98% of scientists agree" rhetoric that was also seen when governments were strongly pushing the global warming agenda. In science we don't really talk about a "majority of qualified individuals agreeing", instead we talk about the body of evidence. What does the literature say, what do most credible, peer-reviewed publications conclude, etc.

The problem with the credibility of synopses and overviews comes up when the person delivering the synopsis has a subjective bias for one outcome or another, or has some ulterior motive, and that is really what is called into question when we discover the relationships and ties between certain "qualified authorities" and organizations that are known to be strongly biased.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Consensus is rarely achieved. When scientific evidence is delivered to persons outside of that community, synopses are what most people find easiest to understand.

The veracity of any information has to be judged by the individual when they are presented with it. Generally, that is accomplished by asking who or what the source is. For example, most people trust Health Canada. But like the scientific community, consensus with the public is rare too. For that reason, as a member of the public, I trust the information given to me if that view is shared by a majority of agencies. In the case of COVID, that would be WHO, CDC, Health Canada and some European agencies. They generally site the source(s) of their information.

The public uses a different standard to judge truth and honesty - a preponderance of the evidence. The public is not trained to examine scientific data, so they trust those who studied and are qualified to work in that field. If the majority of agencies/persons say, "get vaccinated", most people will follow that advice.

We are humans. Bias always enters into things. The public does the best it can to make an informed decision.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Steve has zero background in science. Zero

Yet lectures others others on the scientific method who are much more educated and some have actual backgrounds in science

What a sad scared old man who projects his own biases, fears ignorances on others.

Last edited by ribka; 10/22/21.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by eric123
My wife and myself caught Covid.
That SOB was starting to go into my lungs, started on Ivermectin and it stopped the progression into my lungs the very next day.
Continued taking Ivermectin along with Vitamin D, C, and Zinc for the next 3 days, as did the wife.
The infection never did get into the Wife's lungs after starting on Ivermectin
There is no doubt in my mind that the Ivermectin stopped the Covid from spreading any further.
So ya the Government can kiss my ass with their, OH PLEASE DON"T USE IVERMECTIN, IT DOESN'T WORK BULLSHIT.

The science experts banned ivermectin and stated it had no anti viral properties. Maybe Dr Steve can give us his resrarch on this. Lol

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.ctvnews.ca/local/calgary/2021/8/31/1_5568169.amp.html

And the cowardly idiots like the expert believe the government

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Hastings
yukon254: My wife and I had planned to add thousands of U.S. dollars to Canada this past August. Much to our disappointment we couldn't get in. So we caught a plane ride over Canada and spent the money in Alaska. Multiply that by many thousands and Canada has been hurt tremendously. All trying to keep out a relatively mild disease that is already in Canada. I know some rural Canadians and they seem like really good folks. I'm sure you have the same situation we do. People detached from our reality are running your country.

You are correct. Ive been in the outfitting industry my entire life. I have a lot of contacts and repeat clients. What you describe is happening at staggering rates. Now that hunting season here in the north is coming to a close, Im seeing dozens of FB posts of longtime clients who went to Alaska instead of spending their money in Canada. I dont blame them. It's a huge hassle and it could get very costly should you test positive on the return trip. Our clients have to test before boarding the plane in Vancouver. Should they test positive, they are required to spend 14-days in a hotel. Thats a huge risk in time and money. Now they are talking about booster shots because the first two start to wane after 6-months. Should they make the boosters mandatory, ( and I think its a certainty that they will) then its all over. Outfitters are talking about it, and they know any booster requirement will kill their business.

I dont understand the mentality that some exhibit in regards to the mandatory vaccine passports. We know for certain that the vaccines dont stop people from getting or spreading the virus, so why does it matter who takes it or doesnt?? Steve is vaccinated, Im not. Im no more of a danger to him than another vaccinated individual since that individual can still get covid and still spread covid. Actually some studies are showing vaccinated people can carry up to twice the viral load that unvaccinated people can. Its also important to remember that Asymptomatic people cant spread the virus.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A big issue here is that we are in uncharted waters and there is a hard push from governments and the scientists they finance to toe the party line on vaccines and no move whatsoever to require China to indemnify the rest of the world for the harm that most certainly was caused by their misdoings whether intentional or not. There is also a hard push from governments and the scientists they sponsor to discredit and even vilify the use of known inexpensive and proven safe drugs such as ivermectin and hydroxy. Drugs which by the way have been in use for decades by hundreds of MILLIONS of humans and are known harmless to humans absent a large overdose. The very worst thing that will happen with these drugs is that sometimes they do not work. There is a huge push to blacklist any scientist or doctor that steps out of line. If I were willing to believe that the powers that be have no nefarious motives (which I am not) they certainly are not willing to accept that their vaccines very well may be harmful if not deadly and they are not willing to allow cheap remedies a fair trial. I would think that even if they do believe in these vaccines they would welcome a large control group that is voluntarily accepting the risk of being unvaccinated. It seems they would concern themselves that these imperfect vaccines might do exactly what their own NIH PubMed.gov publication warned about in 2015 which is to spawn deadly variants as the virus works its way around the imperfect immunity. People who think and read and understand the evils of group think and herd mentality are right to be skeptical. This ain't the army and we haven't sworn to die for some commander.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I canceled my hunt to Alberta this year and last year plus fishing trips to Saskatchewan. First time in 25 years have not gone north

shame

Originally Posted by yukon254
Originally Posted by Hastings
yukon254: My wife and I had planned to add thousands of U.S. dollars to Canada this past August. Much to our disappointment we couldn't get in. So we caught a plane ride over Canada and spent the money in Alaska. Multiply that by many thousands and Canada has been hurt tremendously. All trying to keep out a relatively mild disease that is already in Canada. I know some rural Canadians and they seem like really good folks. I'm sure you have the same situation we do. People detached from our reality are running your country.

You are correct. Ive been in the outfitting industry my entire life. I have a lot of contacts and repeat clients. What you describe is happening at staggering rates. Now that hunting season here in the north is coming to a close, Im seeing dozens of FB posts of longtime clients who went to Alaska instead of spending their money in Canada. I dont blame them. It's a huge hassle and it could get very costly should you test positive on the return trip. Our clients have to test before boarding the plane in Vancouver. Should they test positive, they are required to spend 14-days in a hotel. Thats a huge risk in time and money. Now they are talking about booster shots because the first two start to wane after 6-months. Should they make the boosters mandatory, ( and I think its a certainty that they will) then its all over. Outfitters are talking about it, and they know any booster requirement will kill their business.

I dont understand the mentality that some exhibit in regards to the mandatory vaccine passports. We know for certain that the vaccines dont stop people from getting or spreading the virus, so why does it matter who takes it or doesnt?? Steve is vaccinated, Im not. Im no more of a danger to him than another vaccinated individual since that individual can still get covid and still spread covid. Actually some studies are showing vaccinated people can carry up to twice the viral load that unvaccinated people can. Its also important to remember that Asymptomatic people cant spread the virus.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
"Canada is run by a fascist black faces surfer boy. Tam, the so called "Top Doctor" isn't even licensed in public health in Canada, its from HK. the health minister Hajdu is a graphics designer.They all spent the last 6 years virtue signalling, race baiting, gas lighting and accusing all other non Liberals as racists. Trudeau declared a reconciliation holiday for FN's but decided going surfing on that day was a good idea.They failed at their own mantra, my body my choice. Forced legislation that its a crime if you miss gender someone, but shaming the un vaxxed is a good thing, medical apartheid is a good thing. Turning on your family and friends is a good thing.In Canada pedophiles, child molesters, abusers have rights and their privacy is protected, non vaxxed like the Jews in Germany 1933 are all disease carriers. Must be shunned and not allowed to participate in normal life. This was the plan as Trudeau himself stated this is the new normal and its not a conspiracy theory. Before it was a real global pandemic he parroted Gates and told us our lives cant return to normal without a vaccine. they are sticking to plan.Canada is a toletarian state run by a narcissist black faced child. His Liberal caucus is a cult. And the supreme court of Canada is non existent. They have more than doubled the national debt with no end in sight, Canada has gone from the top of the G7 to the bottom. The finance minister had to quit because he was caught with the WE cult they are all involved with. He was replaced by Freeland, Canada's deputy PM who is a neo nazi collaborator from a Ukrainian Chomiak Nazi family who escaped Nurenburg and ran to Canada. Her grand father was Hitlers propagandist in Poland and the Ukraine in WW2."

IC B3

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by cleanbarrel
"Canada is run by a fascist black faces surfer boy. Tam, the so called "Top Doctor" isn't even licensed in public health in Canada, its from HK. the health minister Hajdu is a graphics designer.They all spent the last 6 years virtue signalling, race baiting, gas lighting and accusing all other non Liberals as racists. Trudeau declared a reconciliation holiday for FN's but decided going surfing on that day was a good idea.They failed at their own mantra, my body my choice. Forced legislation that its a crime if you miss gender someone, but shaming the un vaxxed is a good thing, medical apartheid is a good thing. Turning on your family and friends is a good thing.In Canada pedophiles, child molesters, abusers have rights and their privacy is protected, non vaxxed like the Jews in Germany 1933 are all disease carriers. Must be shunned and not allowed to participate in normal life. This was the plan as Trudeau himself stated this is the new normal and its not a conspiracy theory. Before it was a real global pandemic he parroted Gates and told us our lives cant return to normal without a vaccine. they are sticking to plan.Canada is a toletarian state run by a narcissist black faced child. His Liberal caucus is a cult. And the supreme court of Canada is non existent. They have more than doubled the national debt with no end in sight, Canada has gone from the top of the G7 to the bottom. The finance minister had to quit because he was caught with the WE cult they are all involved with. He was replaced by Freeland, Canada's deputy PM who is a neo nazi collaborator from a Ukrainian Chomiak Nazi family who escaped Nurenburg and ran to Canada. Her grand father was Hitlers propagandist in Poland and the Ukraine in WW2."

Sad, but true

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

good post. And the uneducated dummies lap their schit up. Ask Dr Steve to post up more of their lies

Last edited by ribka; 10/24/21.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Ontario slowly regaining sanity....better late than never........

Ontario Releases Plan to Safely Reopen Ontario and Manage COVID-19 for the Long-Term

https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/...io-and-manage-covid-19-for-the-long-term

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Ontario slowly regaining sanity....better late than never........

Ontario Releases Plan to Safely Reopen Ontario and Manage COVID-19 for the Long-Term

https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/...io-and-manage-covid-19-for-the-long-term

there's going to be a spike again when people are stuck indoors, the virus mutates again this winter and their vaxxes wear off.

Shame folks aren't more proactive in their own health and think endless boosters ( controlled sheep) are the answer.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Hoping this grows legs.......

Open Letter to RCMP Commissioner Brenda Lucki

https://mounties4freedom.ca/?fbclid=IwAR175_CaPDo2cc3lZ1EfEm1RmGyGXGtGjb5pOcfYMO4iec-FPmo0JVvgvGw

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Okay, because you asked, how are things in Alberta today? This is what's being reported. Guardedly optimistic.
---

A total of 3,026 Albertans have died of COVID, with 12 new deaths reported Friday

Alberta Health Services says that its scientific advisory group has updated its review into using ivermectin to treat COVID-19. AHS said existing studies have problems and the available evidence doesn't deem it safe.

Alberta is reporting an R-value below 1. The R-value is the average number of COVID-19 infections transmitted by each diagnosed case.
An R-value below 1 means transmission is no longer growing. Provincewide, the R-value for Oct. 11 to Oct. 17 was 0.85, with a confidence interval between 0.83 and 0.88.

Starting Oct. 25, Albertans aged 12 and older will need to provide proof of full vaccination — two COVID-19 vaccine doses — to access restaurants, movies, sporting events and other businesses provincewide operating under the province's Restrictions Exemption Program.

People who are not fully vaccinated can still opt to provide a privately-paid negative COVID-19 test from within the previous 72 hours or valid proof of a medical exemption.

About 92 per cent of all staff at Alberta Health Services have submitted proof they have had two doses of COVID-19 vaccinations as required under a policy introduced in August, Yiu told a news conference on Oct. 19.

Seven per cent of staff have yet to submit proof of vaccination, while less than one per cent — about 1,200 staffers — have requested accommodation on medical or religious grounds.

Yiu said 61 employees have resigned their positions specifically because of the vaccination policy. That includes 31 staffers in clinical roles; 11 of them are registered nurses.

66.6 per cent of the province's total population have received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-covid-coronavirus-october-24-1.6223142

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
"A total of 3,026 Albertans have died of COVID, with 12 new deaths reported Friday"

From COVID or with COVID ?? Do they even differentiate ??

How many died or were euthanized in care homes....??

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
"A total of 3,026 Albertans have died of COVID, with 12 new deaths reported Friday"

From COVID or with COVID ?? Do they even differentiate ??

How many died or were euthanized in care homes....??

A young boy of about 13 was counted as a covid death until his family threw a fit and threatened to sue. Poor kid had brain cancer, yet was counted as covid death just because he tested positive.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
My father told me of his father telling of whole families dyeing from the Spanish flu.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yes, pandemics are one of Mother Nature's population controls.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,341 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,323
Posts18,468,478
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.