Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
GeneB Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
If anyone has pictures in photobucket that they did not have backed-up they are not lost or degraded like the show up now in old posts. They can be retrieved and come back in the original resolution (or close).

1- sign into your old account on photobucket, a screen might come up with a message and give an option to upgrade to a paid subscription, you can get past that.

2- select any combination of folders & individual pictures that you want to retrieve.

3- select the down load icon & wait for a pop-up at the bottom of the screen and pick an option
[Linked Image]

when it's done an explorer window will pop-up showing the new downloaded .zip file.

if it doesn't come up, or you want to deal with it later,you can open explorer by right clicking on the start icon, select the folder 'downloads'. .
[Linked Image]

for this I sort by date so the new files are on top, right click on the .zip file & a box will pop-up.
[Linked Image]

from there you get options for changing location and the name & then it does the rest.
[Linked Image]

When done you end up with the original .zip file and a folder with the retrieved files so your using up disk space, the size of the .zip is slightly smaller so saving that for long term might be a good option, you don't need both.

Individual pictures can be retrieved from the .zip file by opening it & then opening the picture but there seems to not be any thumbnails until the pictures are opened so it's harder to find a specific photo.
[Linked Image]

I used to be able to get individual pictures by opening them for viewing in photobucket & then coping them and pasting into an image editor(paint worked fine) - that does not seem to work now, I can still do it but the photo's come out at a much lower resolution, but they are clear.

Here is one of the pictures I just retrieved from my photobucket and put in the picture gallery here - below it is a link to the one as hosted by photobucket (it appears new direct links to this old file will not work?)
[Linked Image]

as hosted through photobucket - fuzzy picture

attempt at linking to the same picture here -
[Linked Image]

It has to take more programming & computer time for them to host them this way then to just let the just post un-messed with.

Gene
BP-B2

Gene,

Thanks for going to all the trouble to make the process almost dummy proof.

I'll have to mess with it one of these days and see if I have any success.

Roger

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Gene. Good info!

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll make it a Sticky uptop for a while so it doesn't get lost.

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Tag

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
doesn't seem like I am able to get to the folder view that you have on your screen shot. So far I have only been able to download individual photos, not folders as a whole.

I have a free account, not a paid account however.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by KFWA; 01/13/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GeneB Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
KFWA, I cannot get the same screen as you show, I'm using the new Edge browser with Windows 10, I clicked everything I could and can't get the screen you show. I'll tried it on an older computer running Firefox and Windows XP and get the same screen as I showed in the posts, just runs a lot slower on the older computer.

I just have a free account too, so I don't know why there is a difference. I'm over the limit for a free account and cannot upload, I see you have an upload screen, I can't get that, maybe that makes a difference? When they changed their policy I was over the limit for their new free tier but they did not take out any of my pictures, they are all still there.

Can you select more than one picture? Try clicking on them with the control key held down and see if more than one highlights, also try selecting one and then with the shift key held down click on another several away.

Gene
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Photobucket has shut down free access. When one attempts to sign in now you get a pop up that says "Failed to verify Captcha x" . . . only there is no Captcha test to work through.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GeneB Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
I just tried to access photobucket and got on, 12/29/2020. A message came up asking me to upgrade because I was over the limit for a free account but there was a line to dismiss that and after clicking on it I got into my photobuckret account. The photos are now all blurred so it's hard to tell just what they are but I downloaded one and I got the original clear photo. I also clicked on a complete folder and retrieved that OK with all clear photo's and video's.

I'm still getting the screens shown in the my original post and using the same method. Desk top windows computer running Microsoft Edge browser

Just got on from an older computer running firefox browser, first attempt didn't work so I tried a different access address - try this link - https://app.photobucket.com/login
A screen will come up saying you cannot host & etc.. there is a line near the bottom that says something like 'dismiss this message', click that and you should get into your account.

ADDED, while I was signed in I decided to retrieve all the albums I had on there that had anything I thought I might even remotely want in them, I retrieved about 20 albums no issues.

Last edited by GeneB; 12/29/20.

Gene
GeneB Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
09/19/2021 I stumbled on to another way to get posted photo's that show the PHOTOBUCKET ' water mark' from where they are shown so you do not have to go into photobucket.

- right click on the image, a screen will popup.
- left click on the option "Open image in new tab"
- open the new tab, the image will appear without a watermark.
- right click on the image in the new tab to get the popup screen
- left click on "Copy image"
- open a imaging program like 'Paint' and paste the copied image (ctl + V)

This gets a copy of the image without the watermark and you can then save it.

You can also do this from your photobucket account, the pictures will show up blurred but by right clicking on them and opening them in a new tab they show up clear and can be copied from there.

You can still do the normal download of individual pictures, selected groups or complete folders.

You can get to your photobucket account using the link above but it requires a couple extra steps, the attached thumbnails go through the process.
- when the login screen comes up, log in, then the warning screen will come up, go to the address bar and delete the end so you just have 'https://app.photobucket.com' left, enter it, you should then get your main account page (last thumbnail).

Attached Images
Photobucket screen0.jpg (29.45 KB, 134 downloads)
Photobucket screen1.jpg (20.92 KB, 132 downloads)
Photobucket screen2x.jpg (41.51 KB, 132 downloads)
Last edited by GeneB; 09/19/21. Reason: added pictures and more information

Gene
IC B3

GeneB Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Update June 2023, Photobucket finally blocked access to old accounts, I no longer can find a way into my account, but I previously had copied all the photos to my computer.

It appears they did not get rid of the photo's, checking a few old post the images still show up but have the photobucket water mark added. They can still be displayed without it by right clicking on them and then opening the image in a separate tab - from that they can be copied to your computer without a water mark.

Since I could not get into photobucket to get the image link I had to find it in an old post, right click on it, click on 'open image in new tab', right click on it there and then chose 'copy image link" or just copy the address from the address bar of the tab, links show up slightly different but both work... for now. I could not get the links to work when taken from the image in the post, it had to be in a separate tab and the link copied there. This might be different on different sites, I only tried one.

.. so, if you can see an image below, photobucket still has all the old pictures.
[Linked Image from i200.photobucket.com]

Both of these will work to post an image -
Address bar link ----------- https://i200.photobucket.com/albums...5%20basket%20case%20002T_zps8de29kr8.jpg
right click & copy address - https://hosting.photobucket.com/alb...5%20basket%20case%20002T_zps8de29kr8.jpg

Last edited by GeneB; 07/13/23. Reason: finally got the image to display

Gene
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for that.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
683 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12308300, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 75 invisible), 2,781 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,634
Posts18,398,904
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.